Your Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEagle40
    I had several choices when I got my Wrangler. There was a 1996 BMW M3 Coupe with a 5 spd at a dealer 35 miles out of town for $11995. In town, there was a 1988 or 89 Porsche 944 for $7000. Private party, someone was selling a 1997 BMW 740i with 147,000 miles on the clock for $9995. Also at our dealer, there was a 1999 Dodge Durango with 121k miles for $10000. Somehow I still wound up with my Wrangler instead. Nice cars can be had for a fiarly low price...
    Are you insane?! Why oh why didn't you get the 740i?!!! What color was it?
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Light blue 89' cadilac with upgraded bass and CD system. I'm glad i picked it over my dads old Ford "Exploader"
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

2003 Honda Element
        O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
          Hey Matt, we got a common ride, although not the same bodyshape. It spells as CONNEX, the mass transit management arm of Paris based VEOLIA group of companies. like yours my locale also goes CONNEX.
          Alain
          Alain,

Sorry for the late reply; I've been very busy. Anyway, it is possible that the Connex in France and Connex here are one in the same. Connex is a company which operates buses for NJ Transit (NJ Transit is a statewide transit organization which hires many outside companies to run its buses), but they also operate buses and trains in countries all around the world.

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
          Oh ya? Try to beat this...

3000 hp!!
          Okay ....

Another part of my daily commute. Those things are f*cking powerful!
          www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
            Alain,

Sorry for the late reply; I've been very busy. Anyway, it is possible that the Connex in France and Connex here are one in the same. Connex is a company which operates buses for NJ Transit (NJ Transit is a statewide transit organization which hires many outside companies to run its buses), but they also operate buses and trains in countries all around the world.
            They used to operate two rail franchises in south-east England. Connex South Central and Connex South Eastern. They were to be honest awful, thankfully Connex no longer operate trains in Britain! I hope they are better in NJ

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilbap
              They used to operate two rail franchises in south-east England. Connex South Central and Connex South Eastern. They were to be honest awful, thankfully Connex no longer operate trains in Britain! I hope they are better in NJ

They only operate 8 local bus routes here in NJ, and from my experiences they aren't too bad. The buses are usually ontime (+ or - 10 minutes, which is really good for NJ).

It seems like the only problems with Connex here:

1. The buses are very old and noisy.
              2. The #836 bus always runs about 30 minutes late.
              3. The drivers allow smoking on the buses.
              4. Only 3 routes run on Sunday.

Otherwise, they are pretty good as opposed to other NJ Transit operators like Academy and MCM.
              www.acairport.com

Comment

My ride,seen at the airport I know, one headlight is out.
                You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Alain,

So, is the Connex in Australia in anyway related to the one in NJ or France?

Another part of my daily commute. Those things are f*cking powerful!
                  Ya, I much prefer the train than taking the car downtown. Usually it takes more than double the time to drive to downtown Toronto!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                    So, is the Connex in Australia in anyway related to the one in NJ or France?

Ya, I much prefer the train than taking the car downtown. Usually it takes more than double the time to drive to downtown Toronto!
                    Apparently Connex in Australia is the same as that here in NJ, as well as France, as I just found out after looking at the Connex website. They also operate buses and trains in the Middle East and some Asian countries. Pretty interesting to think that when I'm sitting on a local bus here it's the same company as a local bus in Lebanon.

I prefer taking the train into downtown too. Driving into the city isn't usually too bad, but parking is expensive, and leaving the city can be a nightmare (only one highway goes into Atlantic City, and it's only 2 lanes leaving the city). The train costs only $1.00 from here into the Atlantic City Rail terminal, and a free shuttle bus is provided from the rail terminal to downtown and other tourist areas, which gets me to work fast. So it's either a $1.00 toll + $5.00 parking or a $1 train ride to work. Obviously, who wouldn't go for the train!
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Apparently Connex in Australia is the same as that here in NJ, as well as France, as I just found out after looking at the Connex website. They also operate buses and trains in the Middle East and some Asian countries. Pretty interesting to think that when I'm sitting on a local bus here it's the same company as a local bus in Lebanon.
                      Cool! Thanks for your research

The train costs only $1.00 from here into the Atlantic City Rail terminal, and a free shuttle bus is provided from the rail terminal to downtown and other tourist areas, which gets me to work fast.
                      Dang, you get it cheap over there! A half-hour ride from my place to downtown costs more than $4! and we get no shuttle

Comment

Working...
                      X