--===][Happy Birthday PtboDale][===--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptbodale
    Many thanks everyone. I thought it might pass bye without much fanfare. I appreciate the thread and all of the kind words.

I know....50... holy smokes in 5 years I can get one of those senior discount cards at the pharmacy.

I can actually retire in just under 3 years. I'll have 30 years with Air Canada and I'm told I have enough built up in my pension.

I can tell you that I received a new fiddle for my birthday from my family. I started fiddling about 4 years ago and it is a great hobby (what musical instrument isn't eh). The new fiddle is hand made in the Czech Republic and sounds beautiful. I now have to practice to match the ability of the fiddle.

I'm off to get ready for a birthday party...Mine. My lovely wife has invited about 55 people to dinner.

Thanks again for everyones best wishes and regards.
    I hope you will enjoy your birthday party Dale !

Have fun !

Btw Happy 30th years with AC..
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Happy b-day man !!!

Comment

Cheers to that...but not till after work

Comment

Happy belated birthday Dale .

Comment

Many thanks everyone. I thought it might pass bye without much fanfare. I appreciate the thread and all of the kind words.

I know....50... holy smokes in 5 years I can get one of those senior discount cards at the pharmacy.

I can actually retire in just under 3 years. I'll have 30 years with Air Canada and I'm told I have enough built up in my pension.

I can tell you that I received a new fiddle for my birthday from my family. I started fiddling about 4 years ago and it is a great hobby (what musical instrument isn't eh). The new fiddle is hand made in the Czech Republic and sounds beautiful. I now have to practice to match the ability of the fiddle.

I'm off to get ready for a birthday party...Mine. My lovely wife has invited about 55 people to dinner.

Thanks again for everyones best wishes and regards.
            Hah, Ive played the Cello now for 8 years... just need a violin/viola and a bass and we have a quartet!

Anyone? Anyone?

Happy belated birthday! My 18th is coming up in 4 days

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
              Happy belated birthday! My 18th is coming up in 4 days
              Tsk tsk, hijacking threads for selfish gains...

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Well the party was great. Friends came from Toronto (1.5 hours away) and from Ottawa (3 hours awa) plus a pile from Peterborough.

The big surprise was some of the band I play in came to put on a performance. Even my fiddle partner (we do duets) came. He had lied and said he was going to be away for the party. It was excellent as I got to play my new fiddle and join in. I had to quit after my 5th rye and ginger. I was a bit "shakey".

The party lasted until 3.

No major hangover this morning, just tired after only 4 hours of sleep.

All in all a great day.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes.

oops had to edit those spelling errors again.

Comment

Your day ended in success, You guys had fun, What we all in here wished that way.
                  Originally posted by Dale
                  Thanks again for all the birthday wishes.
                  You're certainly welcome Dale !

Comment

I should tell you one of the best gifts was from my brother. It was t-shirt that reads "I quit the band now I just play with myself."

It was a "best wishes" party, however my friends are too generous. I received a lot great gifts including a lot of booze (rye, wine, port). They must think I drink too much, or need to.

Comment

I received a lot great gifts including a lot of booze (rye, wine, port). They must think I drink too much, or need to.
                      So what you're saying is "party at my place!"

Comment

I should tell you one of the best gifts was from my brother. It was t-shirt that reads "I quit the band now I just play with myself."

It was a "best wishes" party, however my friends are too generous. I received a lot great gifts including a lot of booze (rye, wine, port). They must think I drink too much, or need to.
                        Hahaha Excellent !

Mind to tell me what kinda wines did you get ?

Comment

A wide assortment of wines, mainly Australian, however I did receive a couple of nice Italian ones (Velletri) and Spanish (Bajoz).

Also received a 20 year old port (hey I had brown hair then, not brown and grey and I was single!) and 3 litres of Crown Royal.

And Joe if you make it my door you will certainly be given a drink

Comment

And Joe if you make it my door you will certainly be given a drink
                            what's that old saying, be careful what you wish for? Actually, if I end up on the east coast (Maryland) after I'm done school, a trip up to Toronto would be pretty cool. I was there one time when I was pretty young and from what I remember it was pretty cool. Maybe rent a plane and fly into City Centre

Comment

A wide assortment of wines, mainly Australian, however I did receive a couple of nice Italian ones (Velletri) and Spanish (Bajoz).

Also received a 20 year old port (hey I had brown hair then, not brown and grey and I was single!) and 3 litres of Crown Royal.
                              Nice I love velletri, You should try the Velletri Merlot. Execellent flavour !

What bajoz wines is it ? Just curious, ........I love wines.......

Comment

The Bajoz wine is CANO - Cosecha 2004

And Joe I'm in YPQ, about 140 km NE of YTZ. I'm about 3 km from the airport. No worries. I've had other people show up. The bar is always stocked.

If you empty my bar there is one at the end of the street at Fleming College.

Comment

Working...
                                X