Really!, There are six continents according to the school books in Canada,
    1) North America,
    2) South America,
    3) Europe,
    4) Asia,
    5) Australia,
    6) Antarctica
    Seven Dale, you forgot Africa.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I feel like a noob, Hmmmm Is Greenland a continent or just a big fat island of ice ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
        Really!, There are six continents according to the school books in Canada,
        1) North America,
        2) South America,
        3) Europe,
        4) Asia,
        5) Australia,
        6) Antarctica
        Same in the states, except over here we've heard of a land called Africa.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
          Africa and New Zealand are part of Australia.......have been for a while........
          Both The Department of Immigration and Centrelink,have major offices in both countries,together with regional offices throughout.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines

For crying out loud. How did I miss that? I shouldn't be reading JP at work. Thanks Indian Airlines (very embarassed here).

Also you wouldn't call a Kiwi and Aussie just like you don't call a Canadian an American.

Comment

Australia & The Pacific States sounds much better than Oceania.

Comment

Cept that doesnt solve the problem of people mistaking Kiwis for Australians.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Hell ,

I think if we wanted to belong to any Continent , It'd be Antarctica over Australia anyday

We're certainly part of Australasia but I have no idea where the Pacific Islands fit into all this
                  Last edited by Will M; 2006-09-13, 19:58.

Comment

I think some people are trying to rewrite history...and geography.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      I feel like a noob, Hmmmm Is Greenland a continent or just a big fat island of ice ?
                      Just a big fat icy part of Denmark, and as such European .

Comment

Alot in Australia refer to our region as Australia and Oceania. I think Oceania is more suitable.

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                        Cause we hate being called Australians
                        yes, or being known as the 7th state of Australia.

Originally posted by LUNN
                        Anyways the question was logical asking why a country lying next to a continent is not referred to as being part of it, in Africa Seychelles, Mauritius and Reunion Island which lie halfway between Africa and Asia are associated with Africa.
                        not true. Mauritius and Reunion are close towards Madagascar, which is towards south-eastern Africa along the coastline of Mozambique. As for Seychelles, they lie just under the equator and they are near the coasts of Kenya and Tanzania and just north of Madagascar in Eastern Africa. And Seychelles isn't close enough to the Asian continent to be considered part of Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Africa-map.jpg
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelles
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritius

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                        X