Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Brother is here and well !! And watch out !!! He's also lost his sense of humor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philip
    Apart from demonstrating that you really know how to deal with fonts and script sizes..... whats your point?

@el: Thanks for replying, you're right - time to wait and see.
    I don't know how to deal with fonts and script sizes, Einstein. If I did my name would be in size 2. Copy and paste however.
    Horses, water, lead and force springs to mind.
    Per
    Ancient Mariner
    Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine
      I don't know how to deal with fonts and script sizes, Einstein.
      Your problem, thanks for the compliment though!

Originally posted by Digger

His point, I am sure, is that the "Discussion Forum" link at the Air Disasters main page now directs you to this forum.

What do you make of that, Phillip?
      Well, honestly, I missed that - must have been awake for too long already. 1:0 for you I guess.

...btw, one 'L' in my name only, thanks.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

I think Per just left the fonts and script sizes as they copied, and the text and arrow he added stayed with the same font and size they were connected to, so that really proves nothing.

His point, I am sure, is that the "Discussion Forum" link at the Air Disasters main page now directs you to this forum.

What do you make of that, Phillip?
        If CK wouldn't have been interested in keeping his old AD.com members he wouldn't have suggested us to come over here and register (if we weren't already).

Clicks pay off, more clicks even more.

Comment

I don't know how to deal with fonts and script sizes, Einstein. If I did my name would be in size 2. Copy and paste however.
          Horses, water, lead and force springs to mind.
          Per
          Well Per, we know you. Sometimes even your keyboard does what it wants...

Comment

Originally posted by philip
            Your problem, thanks for the compliment though!

Well, honestly, I missed that - must have been awake for too long already. 1:0 for you I guess.

I take great pride in my computer illiteracy, Philip.
            You're welcome.
            Per
            Ancient Mariner

Comment

But I don't see on that page where it says to come to JP and act like assholes, insult people and flood the site with garbage. If you have a beef with Chris then deal with Chris.

I've been away for a couple of days and don't know the whole AD story, however if you guys acted on AD like you are here then we can all see why it was closed.

Smarten up and add some expertise to JP.

Comment

Originally posted by GerryW
                Well Per, we know you. Sometimes even your keyboard does what it wants...
                I need smaller sausages. Do you know any finger-fitness programs?
                Per
                Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF
                  More your age group methinks: Not many driver licences, but lots of Anime & Yu-Gi-Oh...

Rattler

AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                    SNIPPED.

Just name the field, please.
                    Per
                    Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by rattler
                      Seriously (for a brief moment ):

I understand and share (from your POV) your concerns.

But:

---Soap Box Mode ON ---

Imagine for a second the diaster would have happened here and try for a sce to put yourself into the AD.com bunch shoes: Endless hours of effort over years and contribution lost, you suddenly find you warped into a place you dont even know....

The normal reaction for any group in such situation is to

1. negate the disaster, and over-do it
                      2. close ranks (ritualized and friendly bantering being a form of that)
                      3. point out and "over-size" specific group characteristics that differentiate you from the "others" (that have home turf rights on top)
                      4. damage control
                      5. get aquainted with the new turf (testing the rules and their limits)
                      6. do what you can do best

I guess this will all come back to normal for a forum like this, although I foresee some survivors to drop this forum after the first 2nd and third priorities are done, also i foresee that the ones that stay wont be all on photos...

---Soap Box Mode OFF ---

I suggest giving the group lots of leeway for a week and then - gradually! - tighten the screws again.

Rattler
                      After thinking once more and consulting Wikipedia, Google and other sources, changing this prevision to:

1. negate the disaster, and over-do it
                      2. close ranks (ritualized and friendly bantering being a form of that)
                      3. point out and "over-size" specific group characteristics that differentiate you from the "others" (that have home turf rights on top)
                      4. damage control
                      5. get aquainted with the new turf (testing the rules and their limits)
                      6. it will get personal, both groups and individuals clash according to personal courage/egocentrism
                      7. mitigators and agent provocateurs will appear on both sides, heating/cooling the conflict
                      8. some of both sides (more ad.com due to higher post/response rate; also some will find they suddenly got time to find a life) will leave the forum
                      9. outside enemy will be found (Falklands/Malvinas Forum anyone? NOTE: This is not the same as KillRoy Forums... ), making both adversary groups close ranks and soften personal attacks
                      10. All back to normal, forum going

I think we are at #5 now

Rattler
                      AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Just name the field, please.
                        Per
                        I guess I can't ask you to be an expert in anything since your profile is empty so I don't know if we are dealing with an immature 10 year old or someone with a brain in their head.

Comment

I guess I can't ask you to be an expert in anything since your profile is empty so I don't know if we are dealing with an immature 10 year old or someone with a brain in their head.
                          You trust internet profiles?
                          OK. Then I'm a B747 Chief Engineer with 16 years experience.
                          Per
                          Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                            I apologize. It won't happen again.

But I don't see on that page where it says to come to JP and act like assholes, insult people and flood the site with garbage. If you have a beef with Chris then deal with Chris.
                            As I said in reply to Crism, someplace else (don't remember whether it was this thread or another), point out the AD member that's forcing you to read threads about AD. I suspect that those are the threads you consider garbage, or have we polluted some topics you take seriuosly?

I've been away for a couple of days and don't know the whole AD story, however if you guys acted on AD like you are here then we can all see why it was closed.
                            Maybe so, but then you have to ask yourself what this site did in Chris's eyes to deserve us. Puts things in a different light, doesn't it?

There's plenty of expertise in the AD community. Whether it will all follow us here is another question. That may have to wait until a serious topic of very broad interest pops up. I did note the Aviation Safety Forum is quite new, so most comparisons there would be of the apples to oranges variety.

Still, some comparisons can be made. The JP thread about the Gol/Legacy collision over Brazil ran all the way to 5 pages, and was over within a month of the incident. Does that say anything about the depth of your community's interest in aviation safety, or the level of expertise resident here? Might there be room to expand on that?

The AD thread about that accident ran to 101 pages, and would probably still be growing as any new developments surfaced. Even our group would've given up long before that if all we were doing was trading drivel back and forth.

Sure, we've been yukking it up in your OT Forum, but we're making the best of the situation we've been handed. Can you find the patience to do the same?

Comment

You trust internet profiles?
                              OK. Then I'm a B747 Chief Engineer with 16 years experience.
                              Per
                              Well generally new people on this site don't come in like trailer park trash so we do get to know each other. If you want to act like boors, people will react defensively.

Comment

Thanks Digger. Some sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X