Have you seen a ghost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSEAfan
    I'm one of those people who don't believe in ghosts, but they still creep me out.
    Verbal, a new client for you.
    warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C
      It isn't as bad as those who can "see".
      I see dumb people. They don't know they're dumb. They just walk around thinking they're smart like the rest of us.

Originally posted by el
      Verbal, a new client for you.
      Thank you, el. Speaking of which, Ed creeps me out. Maybe that's just me.

Regards, Dr. Sigmund von Verbal

Comment

Ok, well I went to Tombstone, AZ and I took a lot of shots in the cemetary the other day, and low and behold, I got a few orbs in some of the shots. Creepy!
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

One midnight shift , back in the 80's, I was working alone in the aft cargo bay of an L-1011 reinstalling the aft cargo wall with hundreds of screws. I admit, I was exhausted that night -but I swear, for a minute, I thought Ernest Borgnine was handing me screws. Every hair on my body was on its end!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C
            Some believe in them.

Some will only believe after seeing them.

Some will never believe in them.

So which one are you?
            Will only believe in them if I see them. Up untill now, I have never seen a ghost.

Have had premonitions.

Comment

Three times... fficeffice" />>>

> >

I have been physically touched and talked-to during (3) critical times in my life by an unseen, but very present, Spirit.>>

>>

First Time was ~1973 when I really screwed-up a barrel roll in a C-150: I fell thru vertical with the nose pointed straight down and full power. As I accelerated like a bat-out-hell... I felt a hand touch my back and clearly heard a voice say “AIR SPEED IS OK… DON’T PULL GS’”... so I obeyed... and pegged the airspeed at 180+ MPH... but pulled-out slowly, keeping the G-load down to between 2.0—3.0. I leveled-out at ~300-ft AGL in one-piece... and flew slowly back to the airfield shaking and expecting the bird to fall apart. Inspecting the aircraft post flight I found NO discernable damage (wrinkles, cracks, loose rivets, etc). Yeah… I (unwisely) didn’t tell the mechanic… but did fly it a bunch more. Found-out much later that (in similar circumstances) low-time pilots have a nasty habit of pulling so abruptly that the horizontal stabilizer fails… while experienced pilots pull more slowly… but tend to fail the wings. >>

>>

The second time was ~1980 a steep/winding/foggy country road very early morning... almost missed a turn "wide" (toward a steep drop-off)... then over-steered to the inside toward a drainage ditch. I over-steered back toward the road. about this time my little PU truck started sliding sideways on the (drop-off side) shoulder. As I felt the truck start to roll-over to the left a hand touched me on the back and a voice told me to fall into the Pax seat and push up against the cab ceiling. After it was all over I realized I hadn't been wearing my seat belt... and that the truck was totaled... just short of the +20-ft drop-off. My hands hurt (both sprained/bruised)… but that was about it. Yeah… I always wear a seatbelt now… Duhhhh.>>

>>

The third time was when I put my first dog to sleep in 1993. My sweet little white/black Pekingese was suffering from total kidney failure... and the final lab results confirmed no hope. It was a hot July day at the Kadena AB vet clinic about 5:30-PM. The vet and her assistant waited in the adjacent room for me to finally get the courage to allow her to be put-down. I was balling like a baby trying to comfort her (and myself) in her terrible anguish... kidney failure is essentially a slow poisoning from toxic waste build-up in the body and the effects are terrible to witness. I got on my knees and started saying the Lords Prayer for the very first time... out of thousands of somewhat mindless recitations up-to then... knowing what was to come for her: it was her end on earth... FOR REAL. When I reached the middle "…. thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it will be in heaven… for her dear God.." [as I actually thought-it-thru]... a hand touched me on the top of my right shoulder and a voice said clearly and positively "SHE WILL NOT FALL". I stopped and looked over my shoulder and realized the vet and her assistant were at least 30-ft way in the next room talking quietly... and that only the hum/flow of the AC was with me in the room. At that point my terrible anxiety over her death was suddenly quieted... although sadness over her coming silence was still in my mouth and tears... I finished the prayer and called the vet over... and said "it is time". She died quickly. A few weeks later talking with the vet I sorta mentioned what had happened while on my knees praying. She stunned me when she said they (she, assistant) had noticed me praying… and that sometime during my prayer, they BOTH** experienced a sudden sense of peace and serenity and solemn purpose that stayed with them after the euthanasia. >>

>>

**Apparently they somehow got- to talking about this “experience” they each had felt… a few days later.

Comment

Very interesting post, wk. I have never had any such experience myself, but I have heard enough of these types of stories over the years from credible people that I have to wonder. Many people will swear that they have received help from a "guardian angel" during critical junctures in their lives.

I have never seen any apparitions either. However, in the first house I owned, odd things would happen, i.e.: doors close themselves where there's no draft, toilet flushes itself when no one else is in the house, etc.

My own personal belief system is that there is some kind of unseen world here on earth. Whether it is comprised of angels, demons, ghosts or even aliens, I dare not conjecture.

Comment

I , too get horrifying dreams frequently, but, i've just decided to resolutely ignore them cos if i don't , then my day goes very awry as a result of the lingering thoughts !

One such dream : I am busy planespotting on a mound typical of the type we usually do so on , don't remember exactly where, and suddenly am surrounded by King cobras looking me in the eye. Oh, hell , but then i wake up totally freaked out! What was i supposed to make of this!

I've got countless scary real life incidents to list here , one such experience!

This happened at Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Refinery , Mahul, Mumbai where i was doing summer time as trainee way back in 2002. I was returning to the main office building from the plant at approx 7pm , pitch dark and quiet. The narrow service roads were dimly lit barely just a few metres visibility! I should have waited for the pickup minibus , but like an asshole decided to trek instead. As i walked briskly to get to the building, i saw something like a medium size object bang in the middle of the road maybe say 20 metres ahead or so... can't recall exactly. As i approached, it happened to be a huge bunch of bananas freshly plucked. Now mind you, there were no banana trees in the vicinity. Only flame of the forests, banyan, ashoka etc but definitely NO banana trees! Here i was wondering what the hell on earth is this with my pulse racing mad. I just ignored it and walked on, as soon as i had walked ahead maybe 15 metres or so, when i turned back , there was no bunch , no bananas..... this happened within a good span of maybe less than 2minutes !!!! Whoaaa, by then i really freaked out and ran literally, just in time the minibus came from a parallel direction, i jumped in and gathered my thoughts. Still haven't figured it out.
                  Many folks in the refinery whom i related this incident to said i was stupid to walk all alone especially after dark on such deserted stretches, as in the past, many deaths and tragic accidents have taken place at refineries.

This happened to my domestic help sometime in 1990. She had just lost her dad and on certain nights , whenever she'd retire for the day, she'd hear utensils rattling in her kitchen. Being the bold one, she'd venture into the kitchen only to find everything in place. Pin drop silence. Infact all utensils were arranged in perfect order. She'd be baffled herself!
                  Whenever she was asked, she passed it off by saying it was the house cat , lol, i was certainly not amused ofcourse!!!

Comment

I've seen something that I always figured was a ghost. My first house was very old (1930's ish) in Berwick ME. The foundation was just rocks and had a dirt floor for the basement. I was the first non-family member who lived in this house after the family sold it to me.

It looked like smoke floating right over my bed around my feet and sometimes would go alittle higher. I'd seen it a few times, when I finally had the nerve to ask my room mates (one was my younger brother and later another co worker) both had seen the same thing in their room upstairs.

My cats used to look upstairs just like they saw a ghost and scream into my room or the den. That always scared the crap out of me. After having them confirm what I saw at totally different times I mentioned it to my neighbor across the street as they were friends with the original family.

The original owners stopped by a week later and I asked them. They had 2 family members die a long time ago in the house. 1 was confined because of an illness and the other died just of old age and passed away.

They never did anything to scare me, but after that I fully believe in ghosts.

Comment

Never seen a ghost, don't really believe in them either and not to bothered about them. Only nightmares I have is falling off high buildings (I don't like heights much) - Probably the most horrible feeling is waking up as you're 'falling', it feels like you actually are Gimme ghost ones anyday.

Comment

Apperantly my girlfriend's dad has seen a shadow person sit in a chair and watch him sleep...scared the shit out of him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                          Apperantly my girlfriend's dad has seen a shadow person sit in a chair and watch him sleep...scared the shit out of him.
                          This one time I was in the bathroom and I saw Jeff Goldblum watch me.... wait. Nevermind.

Comment

No, but it smelled like Combs died in there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Personally Never.But a few unexplainable events yes.But Im sure there would be a logical explanation.
                              regds
                              MEL.
                              Think of the brighter side !

Comment

I once saw my grandpa's spirit? two years after he died back in 1997, it scared the poop out of me, I was on my bed, watching tv, the tv was about 1.5metre away from the end of the bed, and suddenly the tv flickred and it turned white around the tv, I saw him standing tall, infront of the tv looking down at me. I only encountered him once. He never showed himself ever since. Hmmm.. ? I hope he's resting in peace.
                                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X