This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verbal View Post
    I've been meaning to ask you something, B-Squared. How many years have you been flying? Thanks in advance.
    I don't think that the local comedy club in your neighborhood has been looking for you.

Better not quit your day job just yet!

BB

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
      I don't think that the local comedy club in your neighborhood has been looking for you.

Better not quit your day job just yet!

BB
      Now there's a possibility.
      Per
      Ancient Mariner
      Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

• Welcome Back...
        -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
        -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

• Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee View Post
          Welcome Back...
          Indeed I have also recieved several PM from PTBoat and The Rohan welcoming me back.

Thank you all and perhaps the oppressive moderators will now take a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by IntheShade View Post
            Thank you all and perhaps the oppressive moderators will now take a break.
            Hahaha, banned again already. Maybe celebrating your return with pictures of cavemen wasnt such a good idea after all.
            Until next time

Comment

• Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taliesin View Post
                Hahaha, banned again already. Maybe celebrating your return with pictures of cavemen wasnt such a good idea after all.

I thought that shit was funny. I just don't understand why people can't have a sense of humor sometimes. I also don't understand why there are a variety of moderators, some of whom are cool and laid back while others are mean-ish. How can one mod override another? What was the terrible crime? Certainly not the caveman photo.

I think it is crazy that he gets banned for minor violations and some people around here are just, sigh, excuse the unladylike language, but some , a few, not everyone or even most people around here are just d*cks.

Not trying to argue, just stating my opinion. I know I am outnumbered by the ITS haters. Until or unless I have my own forum, I will have to accept the verdicts and hope that someday the gavel doesn't hit me in the head.

So, I am assuming permanently this time, ITS, you will be missed!
                Last edited by wannabe_A&P_girl; 2009-07-18, 05:37. Reason: quote fail

Comment

• Well it's what trolls do, they piss people off. In the end it was all he did.
                  My sense of humour is well intact by the way, I just dont think constantly comparing the french or europeans with cavemen and idiots makes for a very good joke. Besides, the intent wasnt to joke, the intent was to piss people off. If you dont see what's wrong with that then maybe you should follow ITS through the door

Comment

• He apparently addmitted that his intention was to piss people off and make them bite.

They finally bit !
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      He apparently addmitted that his intention was to piss people off and make them bite.

They finally bit !
                      You know, Brian, I truly feel bad for people who are so thin-skinned that some posting on the internet (by anyone) is enough to get them pissed off for weeks on end. Life is hard enough even with a sense of humor, I can't imagine how much of a bugger it must be without one.

One of the problems with this forum (and many others, BTW) is that people are routinely banned not for violations of TOU (as is the rule), but just because they're not well-liked. To me that's against the very idea of pluralism and especially worrisome on a forum that's supposedly American.

Why is it that some people are not satisfied until someone who rubs them the wrong way is silenced? Are they not aware of the ignore feature? Where does this sentiment of "my way or shut up" come from?

I admit I'm ever so slightly biased in this particular case, because the person in question is likely the best friend I ever had, bar none. I've flown with him, tinkered on vintage cars with him, stayed in his house, we celebrated our birthdays together (they're a week apart), overall had a great time. He's been behind me even when I didn't exactly deserve it.

Yes, his presentation is rough and unpolished. But if one bothers to actually pay attention (waaay too much effort for some), there is some great insight there.

Aviation is more than stickers and PTV screens. And it's more than just being "nice".

Some day some people on this forum will realize that banning ITS is their loss, not his. Or maybe they won't, but that will be their loss also.

Comment

• I thought that shit was funny. I just don't understand why people can't have a sense of humor sometimes. I also don't understand why there are a variety of moderators, some of whom are cool and laid back while others are mean-ish. How can one mod override another? What was the terrible crime? Certainly not the caveman photo.
                        The problem is that to you, it might be funny. To others, it might not. The Owner is legally liable for many things that occur on forums, and they do have to use active moderation to ensure that they don't get in the poo themselves.

The next issue is that this is a public forum, designed by the Owner to be a nice place for people from all walks of life, of all ages, to discuss aviation. Unfortunately ITS was here for different reasons... to offend and upset. He occasionally said some very poignant things, and was clearly very switched on, however the way he said them meant that 1) not only was his point often missed, but 2) he would have to be actively moderated because he was TRYING to cause offence.

I think it is crazy that he gets banned for minor violations
                        Remember that not everything that people say remains on the board... if it is actually offensive and inappropriate, it will be REMOVED, and you will probably not see it. The Mods here do not hand out permanant bans for the sake of it (nor "minor violations").

Comment

• Originally posted by MCM View Post
                          The Owner is legally liable for many things that occur on forums...
                          Not really, no. I'm not aware of a single lawsuit brought by one screenname against another.

Originally posted by MCM
                          The next issue is that this is a public forum, designed by the Owner to be a nice place for people from all walks of life, of all ages, to discuss aviation. Unfortunately ITS was here for different reasons... to offend and upset. He occasionally said some very poignant things, and was clearly very switched on, however the way he said them meant that 1) not only was his point often missed, but 2) he would have to be actively moderated because he was TRYING to cause offence.
                          One still has a choice on whether or not to be offended. I think that's what a lot of people are missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
                            You know, Brian, I truly feel bad for people who are so thin-skinned that some posting on the internet (by anyone) is enough to get them pissed off for weeks on end.
                            I feel truly bad for people who, despite an endless list of fields they supposedly excel in, have nothing to contribute to an online forum but bigotry and insults.

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
                            One of the problems with this forum (and many others, BTW) is that people are routinely banned not for violations of TOU (as is the rule), but just because they're not well-liked. To me that's against the very idea of pluralism and especially worrisome on a forum that's supposedly American.
                            Let's be honest, ITS doesnt understand the first thing about pluralism. To people like him, pluralism means that everyone else looks up to him and americans like him. Everyone else is just there to be made fun of.
                            The question is, why shouldnt he be banned? What did he contribute? His theories about the Air France crash were pathetic, he had no theory to connect the dots, it is pretty much proven now that the crash did not go the way he said, so the board really has nothing to lose and everything to gain with a ban.

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
                            One still has a choice on whether or not to be offended. I think that's what a lot of people are missing.
                            I think you are missing the more important choice ITS had, to be a bigot and make idiotic racist comments or not to make those comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spad13 View Post

Registration to this forum is subject to JetPhotos.Net's forum rules and conditions, outlined below.

Forum Rules

We insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of JetPhotos.Net Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of JetPhotos.Net Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of JetPhotos.Net Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
                              Here are the forum rules as copied directly from the registration page. From my reading of the rules it seems that the moderators were well within their rights in banning ITS in light of his actions on this forum.

Humor is supposed to have a slightly abrasive air, however at some point it is no longer humor and it is merely offensive to people.

Comment

• Mostly it was not what he did, but where he did it.
                                The Aviation Safety forum surely is not the right place for humor in the way he used it. He got the temporary ban for that.The moderators hoped he would understand, but he choose to continue in his old ways, so the administrators thought enough was enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X