• Show
Clear All

• Okay, you've won. In all three cases.

get FRA spotting informations here:
    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

• Germany vs England

Well, ...

I am not proud of quoting myself, but I'd rather thought of sharing a glass of WATER with everyone who watched this match.
      And especially in case of our Berlin member Cairns, I am not sure if he'd stuck to clear water.
      A nation may celebrate a won soccer match, but I don't like what you do, Mr. Cairns.
      Matches are won on the field, as one of the coaches once said.

And I believe in this, i.e. the domestic press (in England) is mean enough. We don't have to use a worse style than that.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• 7. By the way: Everytime i am in Australia i can`t believe the English discovered this wonderful country. The Aussies have absolutely nothing in common with u. They are friendly , helpful and warmhearted.

- Thanks mate. i Don't think your being a Sour Kraut! Just like the US and the UK you should take the ribbing as a compliment, if you werent any good, nobody would talk to you and if they did they'd be polite.
        We do have alot in common with the Poms but, as they find when they get here that we have plenty of differences too. After hearing about Wozzies it seems we both like whinging! We are brothers to England (and some times proud of the fact), but Germans are half-brothers to the English! (The Saxon part of Anglo-Saxon) So, get this! We are aaalll brothers...And, just like brothers, we compete, put each other down whenever and wherever we can and think one is better than the other. From the outside, i think you are both pretty legendary countries. But don't let that stop the competition!

Comment

• Again "discovered". My impression is that the place was populated when the first European got there. How can you "discover" a place which has been "home" to people for thousands of years? How about "arrived" or "stumbled onto". More descriptive of what happened to the first Brit who arrived in Australia (and lots of other places)

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
            Again "discovered". My impression is that the place was populated when the first European got there. How can you "discover" a place which has been "home" to people for thousands of years? How about "arrived" or "stumbled onto". More descriptive of what happened to the first Brit who arrived in Australia (and lots of other places)

- The British didn't know it was there until they "discovered" it...The Australian Aboriginals Discovered it too...In three seperate waves. One can make a discovery before, during, or after another person or group.
            Go away fly...

Comment

• Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. But English explorers didn't discover Australia. They maybe found it, but it had been long ago discovered. Now return you to your regular scheduled program.

Comment

• The officials for the Germany vs England game and Argentina vs Mexico have been sent home.

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                  Well, ...

I am not proud of quoting myself, but I'd rather thought of sharing a glass of WATER with everyone who watched this match.
                  And especially in case of our Berlin member Cairns, I am not sure if he'd stuck to clear water.
                  A nation may celebrate a won soccer match, but I don't like what you do, Mr. Cairns.
                  Matches are won on the field, as one of the coaches once said.

And I believe in this, i.e. the domestic press (in England) is mean enough. We don't have to use a worse style than that.

Exactly. It is a football game. Nothing more. And the British team has some players that are very good when playing for their clubs in the premier league, yet they again failed to from a team. But as the Italians and French show, that is nothing uncommon today either.

I am quite impressed how fair the British have reacted to the defeat. That was some good sportsmanship, even in the tabloid press. (well for the British tabloids that is)

Btw. Spain won. (viva Espana)

Comment

• Not only they are sent home, FIFA thinks about balls fitted with chips.

Comment

• @ ringway-sam and D-AIRD :

You guys can think of me what ever u want. I am def.not a bitter German combining football with war. Who started with all that nonsense was the English side long time ago.

I had my expierences to think like i do now.

Fact is that the UK also had their dark past but nobody is talking about all that. It`s ok for me as a German to hear all that bull..... all the time. I am used to it.
                      Fact is also what happened in South Africa. U can think of your league and your squad whatever u like.

PS: This is my last posting here. U can write any kind of answers u like. I will not read them anymore.

English are loosers but they don`t accept it. So guys , u can write all the nasty words u like now.

Tschüsssikowski !!

Comment

• As you can see it is hard to be a good loser, for some it is even hard to be a fair winner.

But, then the further east you go in Germany.... the bigger the nationalism becomes.

Comment

• What's about opening a new thread only dealing with history? So everyone could tell us something about his country (history etc.) and we could keep on talking about soccer & championship in this thread.

Comment

• man he is being a stuck up dude.its a freaking game I didnt care when US lost to Ghana and I like to see cairns reaction if Germany loses!But now Im rooting for Germany because im one quarter german
                            August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              Ummmmm.....how about a good spanking in two world wars and one world cup ?

Well said Brian, well said.

I was visiting London when the game was taking place and I can say from experience that most of the people I came into contact with admitted that England is not the best team in the World Cup, they know they're not the best team in the world but they love their football and love to cheer for their team. That sense of pride in their country's team is something I have never experienced in the US so I say props to the English for supporting their team even when they know they are outdone

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                                man he is being a stuck up dude.its a freaking game I didnt care when US lost to Ghana and I like to see cairns reaction if Germany loses!But now Im rooting for Germany because im one quarter german
                                One quarter German? Who comes?

The better team will win. I'm no fortune teller and I am no expert in soccer, so I will enjoy the game with a cool beer (as usual) and support our team. If Argentina should win, for me it will be not the end of the world.

...umm... "End Of The World" sung by Skeeter Davis would be a suitable anthem for cairns...hehe...

Comment

Working...
                                X