Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No...but we're getting closer. Very close with part of the name of the country.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Malabo Airport or Saint Isabel Airport (IATA: SSG, ICAO: FGSL) Punta Europa, Equatorial Guinea

Comment

• Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
        Malabo Airport or Saint Isabel Airport (IATA: SSG, ICAO: FGSL) Punta Europa, Equatorial Guinea
        That's the one. Up until oil was discovered in the region in the 1990's the arrivals building was a tin hut. The airport now has a bright, shiny new terminal which is mostly used by the oil industry and conservationists.

Over to you.

Comment

• Another island airport.
          With 6,7 million pax in 2011, it's the busiest airport on the island; 6th busiest airport in the country and in terms of domestic traffic it ranks the 3rd place!

Comment

• Ah Ha ! Took a while but it's all down to how you put the words into Google, isn't it ?

Catania-Vincenzo Bellini Airport, Sicily ?

Comment

• Well, it seems you know how to play the game, right?

I have to find another approach.

But it was Catania- Sicily indeed.
              Over to you again.

Comment

• Only 60 feet above sea level, yet it is some distance from the sea. It's name however sounds like it is suggestive of an item of maritime equipment ?

Comment

• All flights to/from this airport serve the continent that it is in. No other continent served. The name that I refer to in the first clue refers to the city that it serves and part of the name of a large religious building here.
                  There are plans to replace the airport with one 60km away.
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2012-03-12, 18:05.

Comment

• Got to be .... POPHAM!!!!
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• No Gerardo, not Popham.....and careful, the "tins" season is about to start !

Had a little practice session yesterday at North Weald...just for you in a couple of weeks time.

Comment

• One runway, just over 2,500 metres. Takeoffs only ever go out in one direction due to the proximity of the nearby religious building.

Comment

• Whoops !! Sorry.... the maritime clue refers to region that this airport is in. It is however the first part of the name of the religious building.

Talking about the religious building. If you go inside and praise me...that could give you the name of the airport ! I can be very cryptic with some of my clues.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            If you go inside and praise me...that could give you the name of the airport
                            Does it have anything to do with shoes and/or gourds. Yeah, I can be cryptic too!
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
                              Does it have anything to do with shoes and/or gourds. Yeah, I can be cryptic too!
                              Not that I know of.

The city has the same name as the province that it is in....and it's in Asia.

Comment

• Re: the maritime clue....what holds a ship in place ? There might sometimes be two of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X