Robert S. Randazzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert S. Randazzo

If I were Robert S. Randazzo, Flight Captain and owner of one of.., no, owner and salesman of THE very best semi-pro 747-400 fsx simulator which I know,
    then I'd probably look for someone who especially during the nightshift (!) cares for security on his servers!

Only a few seconds ago, I've received a message, that my system is not able to 'telephone' with Randazzo's website!

And my system normally is able to telephone with each and every website on this planet, so the error is on the other end of the line.

I like to use this new topic for status messages for Randazzo's website. Without the claim to repair it. I'm old enough to understand that giving away server rights is a big step. But nevertheless.

October 3rd, 2019, 0300 am CEST, Randazzo is not available.
    I plan to telephone after 0400 am again. The result will be mentioned here.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-03, 01:40. Reason: Security. on. servers. SOS?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

If you are talking about PMDG.com, I am able to load it properly. I dont know of any other website that RSR has.

Comment

October 3rd, 2019, 0500 am CEST, Randazzo still is not available.

This is the message which I receive also during the second attempt to reach his website.

'Warnung: Mögliches Sicherheitsrisiko erkannt
      Ihr Browser hat ein mögliches Sicherheitsrisiko erkannt und Precision Manuals nicht geladen. Falls Sie die Website besuchen, könnten Angreifer versuchen, Passwörter, E-Mails oder Kreditkartendaten zu stehlen.
      Was können Sie dagegen tun?
      Am wahrscheinlichsten wird das Problem durch die Website verursacht und Sie können nichts dagegen tun. Sie können den Website-Administrator über das Problem benachrichtigen.'

A very short translation of the most important words in this message.
      'The only person who is able to delete this problem is the Website-Administrator of Precision Manuals. You can leave him a message now.'
      Wake up, you ... or what are you being paid for..

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
        If you are talking about PMDG.com, I am able to load it properly. I dont know of any other website that RSR has.
        Hm. And which browser do you use, which version?

PS: I can show you a website, which is operated by professionals, i.e. that works like a charm, also deep in the European night, at 0500 am CEST.
        United Airlines

And I do not talk about pmdg, not indeed! I talk about precisionmanuals dot com . Don't tell me that there is a difference. I used my search engine with the words 'precision manuals', and it came back with the #1 result:
        PMDG Simulations, LLC.
        'To learn how PMDG's aviation simulation technology can benefit your business,[...]

There has never been a difference, not since I am a jetphotos member (and not even 15 years ago!). Two URL's and one source, if you ask me. With a rather sleepy administrator. But I am so kind and I'll try what you said.

In a few minutes my result for your idea will be mentioned here.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-03, 03:53. Reason: Randazzo should ask Munoz for the name of his Administrator!

Comment

Chrome 77.0.3865.90

I believe they simply switched over to PMDG.com recently. Precisionmanuals dot com will still direct you to the PMDG website, but it brings up a warning first for some reason.

Keep in mind also most of the people in flight sim do it part time, very few do it full time, so slow administration should be expected, even on the top tier developers like PMDG. I work in flight sim a lot.

Comment

Nick, I wished you could see what's just happening here on my screen. Use a search engine which you like, search word

'pmdg' . The results here on my screen are:

#1 precisionmanuals dot com
            'PMDG 747-8. Queen of the Skies II Expansion Package. Product Details FSX ... PMDG Global Flight Operations [Beta]. PMDG Global Flight Operations ...'

#2 pmdg dot com
            'highly detailed airliner simulations for use with FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.'

So, my friend. Which one would you prefer. Most of the time I trust my search engine, and I use the #1 result . Although I know cases, when that leads you to places where you never wanted to land.. I promised to use your idea. Here is the result.

#2 pmdg dot com took my system almost 2 or 3 minutes to load (!), and that only in parts. I see a blue bar on top, 'Home' 'Shop' 'More', and 'My Cart', and beyond that a rather huge white screen with the sign for 'broken image' in the top left corner. All that happens with a speed which in my eyes is rather no speed. Here on my side it clearly seems as if Randazzo's servers are overloaded! If that is the least security problem which they have at this very moment.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
              Chrome 77.0.3865.90

I believe they simply switched over to PMDG.com recently. Precisionmanuals dot com will still direct you to the PMDG website, but it brings up a warning first for some reason.

Keep in mind also most of the people in flight sim do it part time, very few do it full time, so slow administration should be expected, even on the top tier developers like PMDG. I work in flight sim a lot.
              Here it is Firefox Quantum 69.0.1 64-bit. And the result is as described in my #6 here in this topic. Is Randazzo too successful? I mean, if two big continents like North America and Europe constantly like to know the newest news from him, his servers must rather be extraordinary.. Btw, what your time? California 22:05 local?

That could be a reason for servers to say 'oh no, let me take a nap now'.. Two or three Californians plus one Sleepless at Lohausen airport and the servers say, oh no, not now, come back later. Plus here in Germany, it is official holiday, 'Tag der Deutschen Einheit', so here rather 'plus 10 or 15 sleepless' ...

PS: I know that alot of Flight Captains have a part time job, I own and fly Randazzo's QOTSI 744 semi-pro fsx simulator on DVD. The credits read like the who is who among jet pilots...
              And to be honest, not for nothing I'm a little bit on fire everytime I like to know a price and then the internet tells me 'the server is full, you are not able to buy QOTSII now!' .
              Randazzo does not really need the money from new QOTSII customers, that's the truth. I mean, as a Flight Captain..?

For me, that's ok. I can live with my QOTSI fsx D-ABVP for quite a while. And even this one once more was published for all QOTSI pilots...
              KLM-B744 Bravo Foxtrot Tango in California 2019
              ..with the current 'KLM wave 99 years' color scheme..
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-03, 05:46. Reason: The only difference between semi-pro and Pro? - Pros fly it with their butt..

Comment

Please excuse me. Especially for my #3 here in this topic..

I know Randazzos company at least as long as I am a jetphotos forum member, so, let say since at least 11 or 15 years. And not during a second I doubted that he still sells - imho - the best B744 semi pro simulator, for fsx in my case.

So, how does that fit together with a server timeout which was not announced, never, nowhere. That's the point why I was a little bit wild.

Nick, I followed your link for Randazzo, and it worked. But now I have questions. I took a cart and filled it with a product, and then the system asks me
                'calculate shipping?' .
                Does that mean, the product will be shipped? I'd clearly appreciate that!

1. How long will that take? Everyone knows my location, or is able to look at my avatar..
                I mean, sometimes I say, put that thang into the next 747, that's the easiest and fastest way of transport. In this case it is true again.
                8 hours and 50 minutes. A/c type? 747-800 passage.

2. If it is not shipped, how big is it? I talk about Megabytes or something like that.

Greetings.

PS: Another.. now the 4th question (?). Excuse me. But why does nobody use a browser invented by Bill Gates (me not either). Nick?
                Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-18, 01:18. Reason: Put that thang..

Comment

Working...
                X