Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Failure

Hello,

I recently created a jet photos account and wanted to upload my first image. Then I attempt to upload the picture, and it says that it is not a JPEG when it is a JPEG. Thank you for the help you can provide!

Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
    Hello,

I recently created a jet photos account and wanted to upload my first image. Then I attempt to upload the picture, and it says that it is not a JPEG when it is a JPEG. Thank you for the help you can provide!
    In my experience this usually appears if you try upload an image above your approved image size. Did you resize your picture as per the guidelines/restrictions?

Comment

Hello,

Well I think you need to change it into JPG and make sure the size of your photos are ok.

Comment

Thank you everyone! I resized the image, and it worked. But now the issue is that the clarity of the photo has now significantly declined.

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

Well I think you need to change it into JPG and make sure the size of your photos are ok.
          To be fair, he did mention in his original post that his image was in JPEG, and it turned out to just be a sizing issue which you probably wouldn't realise if it was your first time uploading to the site.

Thank you everyone! I resized the image, and it worked. But now the issue is that the clarity of the photo has now significantly declined.
          Yeah it will somewhat reduce but it could be the quality of the original image if it has deteriorated significantly since you resized it. Consider starting a prescreening thread or positing some of your edits here. The screeners and some members are usually happy to give you feedback and get you set on the right track.

Kind Regards,
          JW
          Last edited by Jordan Williams; 2020-05-09, 04:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post

To be fair, he did mention in his original post that his file was in JPEG, and it turned out to just be a sizing issue which you probably wouldn't realise given the message if it was your first time uploading to the site.

Yeah it will somewhat reduce but it could be the quality of the original image if it has deteriorated significantly since you resized it. Consider starting a prescreening thread or positing some of your edits here. The screeners and some members are usually happy to give you feedback and get you set on the right track.

Kind Regards,
            JW
            Nope. I disagree with this. JPG and JPEG they are different. Only JPG is accepted right here. I still get JPEG photos after I edited my photos on my iPad PS. But on the computer, you can have different choices.

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

Nope. I disagree with this. JPG and JPEG they are different. Only JPG is accepted right here. I still get JPEG photos after I edited my photos on my iPad PS. But on the computer, you can have different choices.
              Quote; "There are actually no differences between the JPG and JPEG formats." ,

PS. if JPEG isn't able to be uploaded on JP then why were the majority of my 400 odd photos accepted and uploaded in that format?

Here is the link from that quote by the way. It's a relatively good read.
              https://www.keycdn.com/support/diffe...n-jpg-and-jpeg
              Last edited by Jordan Williams; 2020-05-09, 05:01. Reason: Spelling

Comment

The explanation would be long enough.
                First of all, you should know if you use RAW format or directly JPEG and also what size the original file has.
                This is very important because, for example, a RAW file at maximum resolution is much more defined when you resize it in JPEG to the dimensions that are accepted here.
                Sorry my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post

Quote; "There are actually no differences between the JPG and JPEG formats." ,

PS. if JPEG isn't uploadable on JP then why were the majority of my 400 odd photos accepted and uploaded in that format?

Here is the link from that quote by the way. It's a good read.
                  https://www.keycdn.com/support/diffe...n-jpg-and-jpeg
                  Did you see anything different in these 2 screenshots? I have no idea why, I am not able to upload any JPEG photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Theoretically i'd have thought there would be no difference. No matter if it says it's a .JPEG, .JPG or JPE it is still of JPEG format. I'd wait for a crew member or site admin to answer your question as to why that specific identifier doesn't work for you.

On a side note I assume you are using a Mac, if you right click on your .JPG image and go to 'Get Info' you should see that the image is of a JPEG format just so you know what i'm meaning.

Kind Regards,
                    JW

Comment

Not a reply, but I also need help with this… I’m having the same issue, I am in JPEG format, with all dimensions and sizes correct, still fails to upload, any ideas?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis Rowland View Post
                        Not a reply, but I also need help with this… I’m having the same issue, I am in JPEG format, with all dimensions and sizes correct, still fails to upload, any ideas?
                        Hi, just wondering how you upload the photos. If the photos are saved to your photos app (camera roll) and you upload it. It will cause the “JPEG” issue. Try saving the photos in the files app, as the issue should go away. Hopefully this advice helps.

Thanks Cameron

Comment

Working...
                        X