• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments fights

Hi,
    After seing this : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10771509

Let's be very clear :

- Comments should be in English
    - Any offensive language on comments will result in an immediate ban, which would be definitv if repeated. (2 persons banned there)
    - If you feel like acting as what happened under this photo, JP is NOT a place for you

Again, that kind of behaviour is time consuming for the crew, time we're not using to screen the queue, so with this attitude you're hurting the whole community.

Have a nice day
    Alex

What the hell is going on...
    It is indeed a problem that some people take jp as their battlefield, from bad comments to maliciously keeping up with the 'Joneses'. It seems that more and more photographers are with a utilitarian mind.
    Better make it an entertainment and hobby rather than a competitive job, guys.

Comment

I totally agree, there are many social networks for enmity between different groups of people, use them and not JP The world lacks something that unites people, not divides them! Let it be spotting!

Comment

Good day dear JP admins.

I would like to use this thread to report some users in this post ( https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11053891 ) making what seems a witch hunt, acussing a person of cheatting, but seems that he apparently just forgot to change his last upload date when he uploaded a hot photo which made it into today's most popular, insulting and wishing a ban on his account just because the picture was uploaded yesterday with date of december (The photo date is now corrected but comments still there)...
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/315324

Comment

Originally posted by MarkosVicioso View Post
          Good day dear JP admins.

I would like to use this thread to report some users in this post ( https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11053891 ) making what seems a witch hunt, acussing a person of cheatting, but seems that he apparently just forgot to change his last upload date when he uploaded a hot photo which made it into today's most popular, insulting and wishing a ban on his account just because the picture was uploaded yesterday with date of december (The photo date is now corrected but comments still there)...
          Yeah, people are dumb..the wrong (earlier) date here would actually be detrimental for the photographer as it would make the photo NOT be displayed first on FR24, and it has no bearing on it being hot or not. If anything the posters should be shouting at abuse at the screening team for mistakenly adding it with the wrong date

Anyway, will place warnings on their accounts for future reference, and remove the comments, thanks.

Comment

Hello JP team,

I came across this rude comment today saying the photo was falsely accepted for being backlit and asking the screeners to remove it immediately. This is rude to the photographer who took a nice photo that was accepted fairly.

Thanks

link to the photo https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11000277

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yeah, people are dumb..the wrong (earlier) date here would actually be detrimental for the photographer as it would make the photo NOT be displayed first on FR24, and it has no bearing on it being hot or not. If anything the posters should be shouting at abuse at the screening team for mistakenly adding it with the wrong date

Anyway, will place warnings on their accounts for future reference, and remove the comments, thanks.
              Dear admin team:

I hope they are well. It's not the first time that it happens with my photos. Unfortunately, a witch hunt has been carried out with each photo that I upload to this portal. What's more, from March 2023 I didn't upload a photo precisely because one of these reasons led me to take psychological treatment. Bullying here is punishable and can lead to prison problems.
              In the same way, I want to tell you that uploading to this portal generates envy in many "spotters", of which there is one that has a complaint for assault on his ex-girlfriend and another that has more than 5000 photos but that at the moment of facing it's done the misunderstanding
              When I realized the error, I asked my editing advice to please correct it and asking for the corresponding excuses, since it was an involuntary error and without the intention of provoking the rest.
              Now, I ask that at least three spotters who made unsubstantiated accusations be considered a punishment. These are Alonso Cisneros (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/144971) and Spotter Gutierrez (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/317442), and Martín Montero de Espinosa (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/144092) (The latter, using offensive language)
              With my team of lawyers we are looking at the possibility of legally accusing them, although it will be difficult with Mr. Cisneros since he is from Costa Rica, but I will try to see the possibility of doing it with a minor like Spotter Gutierrez.
              I attach what the comments were and leave them to your discretion. It is enough to see each comment that they put in the other spotters of Chile to know the members of the group.
              An affectionate greeting from SCL, Chile. I'm very sorry for inadvertently creating a problem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-08-29 a las 21.50.47.jpg Views:	0 Size:	348.0 KB ID:	1168545

Gustavo Roe.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinezRoe7 View Post

Dear admin team:

I hope they are well. It's not the first time that it happens with my photos. Unfortunately, a witch hunt has been carried out with each photo that I upload to this portal. What's more, from March 2023 I didn't upload a photo precisely because one of these reasons led me to take psychological treatment. Bullying here is punishable and can lead to prison problems.
                In the same way, I want to tell you that uploading to this portal generates envy in many "spotters", of which there is one that has a complaint for assault on his ex-girlfriend and another that has more than 5000 photos but that at the moment of facing it's done the misunderstanding
                When I realized the error, I asked my editing advice to please correct it and asking for the corresponding excuses, since it was an involuntary error and without the intention of provoking the rest.
                Now, I ask that at least three spotters who made unsubstantiated accusations be considered a punishment. These are Alonso Cisneros (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/144971) and Spotter Gutierrez (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/317442), and Martín Montero de Espinosa (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/144092) (The latter, using offensive language)
                With my team of lawyers we are looking at the possibility of legally accusing them, although it will be difficult with Mr. Cisneros since he is from Costa Rica, but I will try to see the possibility of doing it with a minor like Spotter Gutierrez.
                I attach what the comments were and leave them to your discretion. It is enough to see each comment that they put in the other spotters of Chile to know the members of the group.
                An affectionate greeting from SCL, Chile. I'm very sorry for inadvertently creating a problem.
                People really just need to chill out. It's a hobby, one that should be enjoyable.

Any abusive language in posts/PMs/etc. should be reported to us so we can look into it and take appropriate action.

For everyone reading this, please be civil when using this platform. If you are unable to do so, please leave, or we will need to take actions including banning your account.

Originally posted by Tyler Godfrey View Post
                Hello JP team,

I came across this rude comment today saying the photo was falsely accepted for being backlit and asking the screeners to remove it immediately. This is rude to the photographer who took a nice photo that was accepted fairly.

Besides being factually incorrect, nothing abusive in that post. In fact the poster makes himself look rather foolish & immature, so I'd rather leave it up there for all to see.

Comment

What is it about South America and its spotters. While I was a screener and moderator I inadvertently upset a Brazilian spotter. I was subjected to a flood of abuse from him which ended in a death threat should I ever go to Brazil. I laughed it all off as the ramblings of a lower class idiot…….
                  ​​​​​​……..
                  Until I got a couple of very seriously worded PM’s from some respected Brazilian spotters !
                  They advised me that the individual concerned was held in very low regard in the Brazilian spotting community. He was always stirring up trouble resulting in him being ignored at the airports. I was advised to take his threats seriously as he was regarded as being likely to carry them out.
                  Rather frightening really. Threats to kill because he saw me as threatening his status in a hobby plane spotting community.
                  What is this world coming to ?
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ban them all...

Comment

Hi, Came across a inappropriate comment on the front page today. Just wondering if it could be removed

OK-0011. Kubicek BB51Z. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Tyler

Comment

Dear admin team:

Click image for larger version Name:	Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-08-29 a las 21.50.47.jpg Views:	0 Size:	348.0 KB ID:	1168545

Gustavo Roe.
                        Bullying in chile is quite a problem, martin, but that use of words is quite common in chile. Also, JP comments are for greeting, cheering or correcting photos, not for calling names on each other, there should be a report system in the comments.
                        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

Bullying in chile is quite a problem, martin, but that use of words is quite common in chile. Also, JP comments are for greeting, cheering or correcting photos, not for calling names on each other, there should be a report system in the comments.
                          It happens that in Chile a culture was created that the old Spotter is more and better than the spotter that has just come into operation. They came to denigrate him in an impressive way. When many of us who had just entered did not take into consideration or respect the old spotters, several of those who had just entered betrayed and insulted those "dissidents" who only followed their rules to please the "old" spotters.

There is another spotter who was reported by his ex-girlfriend for assault. The poor girl was forcibly taken away by her ex-boyfriend and she filed a report with the police, but when she went to court, as it was only a "minimal" assault and they had already ended the relationship, there was no conviction. It is precisely that "spotter" (as I work in justice in my country, I helped the girl), who in this photo encouraged the rest to comment on me (he does not and did not have the balls to say something to my face).

There was, there is and there will be competition for photos... I cannot ignore that I "compete" but precisely only against THAT old spotter who did so much damage. She has even said that when she passed the 5000 photos on her profile she became a screener. I have checked JP's "about" profile and it does not appear, with the fear that it is since he repeatedly threatened that the day he became a screener he would reject all the photos of those of us who are not his "friends."

Not to mention the WhatsApp groups that abound in Chile that only serve to make bullying comments. If you are not part of the group, they destroy you and speak horrible things about you. However, there is an association called "Spotters Chile" which can take references from THAT old spotter and those who only harm a hobby as clean as that one.​

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            What is it about South America and its spotters. While I was a screener and moderator I inadvertently upset a Brazilian spotter. I was subjected to a flood of abuse from him which ended in a death threat should I ever go to Brazil. I laughed it all off as the ramblings of a lower class idiot…….
                            ​​​​​​……..
                            Until I got a couple of very seriously worded PM’s from some respected Brazilian spotters !
                            They advised me that the individual concerned was held in very low regard in the Brazilian spotting community. He was always stirring up trouble resulting in him being ignored at the airports. I was advised to take his threats seriously as he was regarded as being likely to carry them out.
                            Rather frightening really. Threats to kill because he saw me as threatening his status in a hobby plane spotting community.
                            What is this world coming to ?
                            It reaches a point where they fight over who is seen more.
                            There are several here... I could perfectly name 10 and I would be missing another 10 on the list.

It happens in my country, Chile... and it happens in Argentina. It happens in Brazil, in Costa Rica... I have no history of it happening in Peru or Ecuador or Colombia, but in the first three countries it is common to see the "hot".

I don't care who has it. If I have the opportunity to be near or at the airport and I see a plane coming without a base data registration in JP, obviously I go and catch it. And obviously I will upload it later, since it is neither a crime nor a sin (as long as the screener considers my photo acceptable). But here, at least with me, if I grab a hot one they think that's what I do.​

Comment

It happens that in Chile a culture was created that the old Spotter is more and better than the spotter that has just come into operation. They came to denigrate him in an impressive way. When many of us who had just entered did not take into consideration or respect the old spotters, several of those who had just entered betrayed and insulted those "dissidents" who only followed their rules to please the "old" spotters.

There is another spotter who was reported by his ex-girlfriend for assault. The poor girl was forcibly taken away by her ex-boyfriend and she filed a report with the police, but when she went to court, as it was only a "minimal" assault and they had already ended the relationship, there was no conviction. It is precisely that "spotter" (as I work in justice in my country, I helped the girl), who in this photo encouraged the rest to comment on me (he does not and did not have the balls to say something to my face).

There was, there is and there will be competition for photos... I cannot ignore that I "compete" but precisely only against THAT old spotter who did so much damage. She has even said that when she passed the 5000 photos on her profile she became a screener. I have checked JP's "about" profile and it does not appear, with the fear that it is since he repeatedly threatened that the day he became a screener he would reject all the photos of those of us who are not his "friends."

Not to mention the WhatsApp groups that abound in Chile that only serve to make bullying comments. If you are not part of the group, they destroy you and speak horrible things about you. However, there is an association called "Spotters Chile" which can take references from THAT old spotter and those who only harm a hobby as clean as that one.​
                              It is more of a culture thing in chile. I live in chile, but every time i go to another country (brazil, poland, spain) i notice the change in culture. As i was cultured/educated in eastern european culture, i always am surprised by the way chilean people behave/speak. In most cases, espessially in more rural areas, it is outrageous. As is the education/health system in some parts. And in my opinion, the judicial system is worse, usually benefiting the wrongdoer more than the person that is in the right. That is, at least, my view.
                              Again, it is a culture thing, as most people are educated in a more “rough” way. They are used to speaking like that, even on websites like jp.

I like chile for planespotting, but because airport workers and pilots are ussually willing to let me in, and they are always very kind. At least most of them…
                              I like your photos, MartinezRoe7 , and i dont understand why are people so rude and careless.
                              Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                              If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                              ——————————————————————————

Comment

Working...
                              X