Helicopters ... Clarification needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopters ... Clarification needed

Can a screener advise what is the JP stance on helicopter shots? I have one rejected today for "bad framing" because i include the blades in the shot... I have had several rejected previously for this, but also have several similarly framed shots accepted to the DB. a quick look on the DB you can see heli shots similar to my rejected and also shots of heli with blades cropped out ( i recall trying to get one uploaded with blades cropped out to be rejected "Part of aircraft missing"),. Helicopters are quite a large part of aviation and it seems the screeners have no set rule of thumb to follow when screening shots.

Maybe posting some rejected examples would help.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	chop.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	1163559
      Originally posted by tartanpics View Post
      Can a screener advise what is the JP stance on helicopter shots? I have one rejected today for "bad framing" because i include the blades in the shot... I have had several rejected previously for this, but also have several similarly framed shots accepted to the DB. a quick look on the DB you can see heli shots similar to my rejected and also shots of heli with blades cropped out ( i recall trying to get one uploaded with blades cropped out to be rejected "Part of aircraft missing"),. Helicopters are quite a large part of aviation and it seems the screeners have no set rule of thumb to follow when screening shots.
      You had a remark on the appeal. It had nothing to do with blades cut of of included. The heli was low in the frame, which I remarked on appeal. And the advice to use the centering tool on the upload page. So more a question of Reading our feedback.
      Last edited by ErwinS; 2023-06-20, 18:57.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

There was no feedback at all on the original rejection only a rejection reason which is pretty general... that is my point, almost all rejections have a tick box rejection with zero explanation why.. yes on the appeal the advice to use centre tool was offered which is fair enough... but... the point of the post was for a clarification.. i have posted heli shots which get rejected "part of aircraft missing" when i crop out the blades... equally i get rejections for "aircraft not centred" when i do NOT crop out the blades... And as stated i also get examples of both accepted also... and a quick look on the database you will find examples of both too.. The request is i think a very simple request for clarification... a guideline if you will, As a rule of thumb...blades in or out (when the blade tips extend far beyond front of the heli) This would save screeners wasting their time if there was clarification and also photographers time wasted if they had a guideline to what is or is not acceptable

Comment

Working...
        X