"Part of aircraft cut off"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Part of aircraft cut off"

Can anyone from the screeners please explain the criteria for getting a close up shot of an aircraft onto the database? There is literally thousands of shots on the database with over half the wings missing or more.. This is just a random one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11082274... as you can see much of each wing is missing, however any time i upload a similar to this shot i get the rejection "part of aircraft missing" Why? I can find no detailed guideline on exactly what parts of aircraft are allowed to be missing

The vertical stabilizer is not allowed to be missing.
    The engines are not allowed to be missing.
    I'm not who you think I am.

Or perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by HKG_spotter View Post
      The vertical stabilizer is not allowed to be missing.
      The engines are not allowed to be missing.
      Both wrong

- Usually you need to either cut a big part of a wing/tail/stab or on’t cut it at all. If you only remove/cut-off a small piece than it would be a rejection.
      For the engines, never cut through a round form, like the engine front. Works also for round windows.

Regards
      Alex.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so why would a very similar shot as the one linked be rejected with the only reason being "part of aircraft missing"? Every one i upload with bits missing meet the criteria... tail is fully in frame engines in frame wheels in frame.. Absolutely identical to every other similar shot in the DB but i cant recall ever getting one accepted (Some have other issues/faults and that is fine and acceptable,but my issue is only with that single rejection reason) sorry i dont know how to upload an example pic to this chat thread, but as i say the crop is always very similar to the linked shot i posted

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	050923_G-EUUJ_A320.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	730.2 KB
ID:	1170624

Comment

Just figured out how to add a photo... This was rejected for part of aircraft cut off .. also for other issues which is OK, but had there been no other issues would this crop be accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by tartanpics View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	050923_G-EUUJ_A320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	730.2 KB ID:	1170624
              I guess it's because the horizontal stabilizer was cut off,If it's just a little short of being fully displayed, there will be a problem.Or just cut more,or make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post

I guess it's because the horizontal stabilizer was cut off,If it's just a little short of being fully displayed, there will be a problem.Or just cut more,or make it complete.
                Thanks... fair point i can see why that would be an issue given the guidelines posted above

Comment

Working...
                X