Rejection due to soft photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection due to soft photos.

Ive seen some photographers photos being rejected or would be rejected due to soft. If thats the case, I mind as well throw my $3500 camera in the lake. I dont know how much sharper my camera can get them unless it looks fake. The photos Ive looked at look tack sharp. Are they enlarging these up to 500% to see if their sharp?? It seems a little excessive to me. So what is the secret to getting a sharp photo sharp. Its like saying how do I make the color black, blacker.

Originally posted by John Freeman View Post
    Ive seen some photographers photos being rejected or would be rejected due to soft. If thats the case, I mind as well throw my $3500 camera in the lake. I dont know how much sharper my camera can get them unless it looks fake. The photos Ive looked at look tack sharp. Are they enlarging these up to 500% to see if their sharp?? It seems a little excessive to me. So what is the secret to getting a sharp photo sharp. Its like saying how do I make the color black, blacker.
    Would you actually like advice, or are these just more rhetorical questions and an opportunity to rant/let off some steam?

Comment

I mind as well throw my $3500 camera in the lake.
      I can give you the adress of a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would you actually like advice, or are these just more rhetorical questions and an opportunity to rant/let off some steam?
        I guess its just a rant and thinking JP was being over picky with photos. I photograph wildlife and my photos are tack sharp, but thinking maybe not if the staff with JP was looking at them. But I would like some help with some photos I recently taken of aircraft and would be really curious too see how they rate, and how to make them to the standards that are usable. Here are a couple photos I'd like to have looked at. Thank You.

Attached Files

Comment

I guess its just a rant and thinking JP was being over picky with photos. I photograph wildlife and my photos are tack sharp, but thinking maybe not if the staff with JP was looking at them. But I would like some help with some photos I recently taken of aircraft and would be really curious too see how they rate, and how to make them to the standards that are usable. Here are a couple photos I'd like to have looked at. Thank You.
          I've created a new thread for you in the Processing forum. Please use that for future editing/uploading help, and you can leave this one for rants

Comment

add sharpness when editing the photo (if you haven't already done so) and invest in a decent lens. I had many of such rejections too, but since I have my new Canoon 100-400 mm lens... the difference is incredible!

Comment

Working...
            X