Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for photos to get approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for photos to get approved?

Hi! I am new to Jet Photos and have uploaded my first 5 photos today. I saw that there were thousands of photos in the queue and I was wondering usually how long it takes for photos to get approved! Any info/help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Originally posted by Prepare for Takeoff View Post
    Hi! I am new to Jet Photos and have uploaded my first 5 photos today. I saw that there were thousands of photos in the queue and I was wondering usually how long it takes for photos to get approved! Any info/help would be appreciated! Thank you.
    My recent ones spent 16 days in the queue before getting accepted, if you want to avoid disappointment try uploading your photos in the digital processing forum

Comment

It depends. Sometimes the screening process goes a lot faster, and it takes around 13 days to finish, the longest takes about 20 days. My first upload was pretty bad, and the photo got rejected 8 hours after the upload. I think screeners will go through all the images and reject all the photos that are off in quality, and the rest will continue queueing until the final screening (I guess)

Comment

Yes, I agree, but when I try to upload an image it takes a huge amount of time to screen. And I see lots of low quality images on JP get accepted but not mine. Also, some photos get accepted the same day but mine takes for ever, explain why this is, it is frustrating!

Comment

Queue is currently at 16 days 22 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve McQueen View Post
            Also, some photos get accepted the same day but mine takes for ever, explain why this is, it is frustrating!
            Several factors, hot photos and new registrations always take precedence. The screening crew are volunteers giving a lot of their time to go through what we as photographers always think are perfect pictures, but in an average of 50% of the screened images are not. After uploading here for many years, I've learned that I upload, and when they are screened, that is wonderful and move on to the next ones.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information and help guys. I appreciate it a lot!

Comment

Its not 16 days. Mine is at 18 days 22 hours and unlikely to get screened within 2 hours from now, so it will be on the 19th day. Please, guys, can you do something to reform the photo queue process? Its quite disheartening to have to wait so long...19 days could become 38 days if it gets rejected and needs a fix. That's kind of extreme. I'm an active photographer and am currently uploading photos from 9 months ago that is how long my backlog is and I've already reduced the number I will upload due to the wait by taking out the ones I think may get rejected. I have a lot of nice shots and really don't want to withhold them from my Jetphotos backlog. The wait times are definitely a turnoff for some though. The concept of limiting it to 40 minus rejects really slows things down. Seems like there should be a way to rearrange things on the back end to make it flow faster. Like maybe higher limits for photographers with a high enough acceptance rate.
                View my photos at JP.Net
                Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Its not 16 days. Mine is at 18 days 22 hours and unlikely to get screened within 2 hours from now, so it will be on the 19th day. Please, guys, can you do something to reform the photo queue process? Its quite disheartening to have to wait so long...19 days could become 38 days if it gets rejected and needs a fix. That's kind of extreme. I'm an active photographer and am currently uploading photos from 9 months ago that is how long my backlog is and I've already reduced the number I will upload due to the wait by taking out the ones I think may get rejected. I have a lot of nice shots and really don't want to withhold them from my Jetphotos backlog. The wait times are definitely a turnoff for some though. The concept of limiting it to 40 minus rejects really slows things down. Seems like there should be a way to rearrange things on the back end to make it flow faster. Like maybe higher limits for photographers with a high enough acceptance rate.
                  Key word there was 'currently'. The queue is obviously not a static thing, so higher/lower numbers of uploads will impact its length. We've requested some changes similar to your suggestions be implemented to cut down screening times, but are still waiting for FR24 to take action.

Comment

Working...
                  X