Camera difficulties/setting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera difficulties/setting issues

Hello there chaps, so I have been having issues getting quality out of my camera and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do. I currently have a Pentax K30 from around 2012 which isn't too ideal but I feel it also comes down to camera settings.

For example yesterday I was shooting. It was a sunny day and i was using ISO 100, F5.6, and the shutter speed when using apeture priority usually ended up around 1/500. Im wondering if there is something more I can do to get better quality, I'm using raw ofc and use a Pentax 50-200mm lense.

If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated and I'm happy to tell anymore info which I may of forgot to mention here. Thanks!

Ciao
    I find it strange that on a sunny day you used f 5.6 and a 1/500 shutter speed.
    Do we see any shots?​

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
      Ciao
      I find it strange that on a sunny day you used f 5.6 and a 1/500 shutter speed.
      Do we see any shots?​
      This one was probably my best. The F5.6 may have been might fault otherwise the 1/500 was automatic with the aperture priority. Should I have used a higher F stop?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison Fulthorpe View Post

This one was probably my best. The F5.6 may have been might fault otherwise the 1/500 was automatic with the aperture priority. Should I have used a higher F stop?
        Very difficult to judge the actual quality at only 1280pix..

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Very difficult to judge the actual quality at only 1280pix..
          Here is a 2160 version. Hope it's easier to see.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison Fulthorpe View Post

Here is a 2160 version. Hope it's easier to see.
            Doesn't look terrible tbh, but can't really tell as it's not full-res. Perhaps it's your editing skills that need work?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Doesn't look terrible tbh, but can't really tell as it's not full-res. Perhaps it's your editing skills that need work?
              Yeah I'm not sure. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's my camera that's limiting a bit (it is only 16MP) or if there's something I can do to get more out my camera

Comment

If you want to validate your workflow, there are some good tutorials posted https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ls-for-editing - even after uploading to JP for 20 or so years, I still looked through these to see if there is a way to shorten, or at least just validate my workflow. Might give you some good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                  If you want to validate your workflow, there are some good tutorials posted https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ls-for-editing - even after uploading to JP for 20 or so years, I still looked through these to see if there is a way to shorten, or at least just validate my workflow. Might give you some good ideas.
                  I will take a look thankyou!

Comment

A sunny day, yes, but a sunny arctic winter morning day... Not so far from a night-shot : a higher ISO would help....

Comment

Originally posted by zomeu View Post
                      A sunny day, yes, but a sunny arctic winter morning day... Not so far from a night-shot : a higher ISO would help....
                      Ah I gotcha. I do live in Canada so that probs does play a part. This was sorta sunset time.

Comment

Originally posted by zomeu View Post
                        No, will generally want to avoid higher ISO if possible. Too much noise is a reason for reduction, so no need to introduce it if avoidable.

Comment

Working...
                        X