Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable with screening work

Hello,
    I uploaded several hot photos, but all rejected with processing reason.
    screeners told me the reason and helped me how to adjust the photo, really kind.

Admin Comments >> Too much noise reduction. >> http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=11694517
    Admin Comments >> The halos are very strong and obvious.>> http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=11692561

finally, after so many times of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing, ​i uploaded my photo again, make sure that is acceptable,
    but the screener told me that is ivalid hot this time, the reason is not visible from this angle.
    That means, this hot photo is unable to upload and not worth processing at all

I don't think that is a really appropriate behavior, that is wasting time and intentionally wasting a photographer's acceptance ratio
    screeners should told photographers all rejection reasons at the first time, especially invalid hot, bad info or bad motive.

hope jetphotos could be better.

Imo you need to think why should your upload be hot? Hot shots priority is for fr24. And if you upload a hot shot which doesnt show any change, then yeah, what is the point?
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      Imo you need to think why should your upload be hot? Hot shots priority is for fr24. And if you upload a hot shot which doesnt show any change, then yeah, what is the point?
      you are right erwin, thanks for the reply.
      actually i know that this pic was not a good view before, but the screener did not mention anything about it, so i thought it can be a hot photo then, and kept processing and uploading for a long time
      why they have to told me so late, instead of telling the truth at the first time
      i still think it is intentionally wasting a photographer's time

Comment

Sorry but we have a team of plus 25 screeners. Which also are human. So yeah, votes can be different sometimes. And aboit wasting time..... you still can upload her in the regular queue. And if you dont want to waste time to upload also fine
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Zonghou View Post
          you are right erwin, thanks for the reply.
          actually i know that this pic was not a good view before, but the screener did not mention anything about it, so i thought it can be a hot photo then, and kept processing and uploading for a long time
          why they have to told me so late, instead of telling the truth at the first time
          i still think it is intentionally wasting a photographer's time
          Why do you think it was intentionally?
          When the first item on the checklist is enough to make a decision, no one will complete the remaining items.
          If I can't even start the plane's engine, do I have to check the flaps again before making the decision not to take off?
          Likewise, if a photo doesn't look up to quality standards at first, I don't think anyone will bother checking whether it meets hot photos standards.

Comment

TBH, you should not upload any pics with this shitty behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by fleckenmann View Post
              TBH, you should not upload any pics with this shitty behaviour
              Hey, I would advise we stay respectful here. This is simply a question of communication and understanding.

Comment

Accusing the screeners to intentionally !! wasting photographers time is acceptable in your understanding ? Don’t think so actually

Comment

Originally posted by fleckenmann View Post
                  Accusing the screeners to intentionally !! wasting photographers time is acceptable in your understanding ? Don’t think so actually
                  Yeah, i am against non-respectfull enviroments, BUT i am also against people saying that the screeners are bad and accusing them of things. It is quite a shitty comment to say that they waste the time of the photographers, while they work as hard as they can to make JP a good place (and while we waste their time). I dont think a screener would waste your time, what do they gain with that, after all. They are also human, so they can make mistakes. It must feel really bad for them to be working so hard and then watching as someone accuses them for doing their work correctly. After all the time spent…
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post

Why do you think it was intentionally?
                    When the first item on the checklist is enough to make a decision, no one will complete the remaining items.
                    If I can't even start the plane's engine, do I have to check the flaps again before making the decision not to take off?
                    Likewise, if a photo doesn't look up to quality standards at first, I don't think anyone will bother checking whether it meets hot photos standards.
                    at least, the basic standards like hot,motive should be the first part of checklist, that depends whether this photo is able to upload.
                    and processing issues should be next, like contrast and sharp, that could be adjusted after simple processing.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

Yeah, i am against non-respectfull enviroments, BUT i am also against people saying that the screeners are bad and accusing them of things. It is quite a shitty comment to say that they waste the time of the photographers, while they work as hard as they can to make JP a good place (and while we waste their time). I dont think a screener would waste your time, what do they gain with that, after all. They are also human, so they can make mistakes. It must feel really bad for them to be working so hard and then watching as someone accuses them for doing their work correctly. After all the time spent…
                      i could understand screeners work, but if a photographer volunteered uploading his photos to JP, he deserves to be respected, instead of be tricked like this. that is a problem for screening rules. i think ysmilan's comment is right, they have a checklist, but this checklist should be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zonghou View Post

i could understand screeners work, but if a photographer volunteered uploading his photos to JP, he deserves to be respected, instead of be tricked like this. that is a problem for screening rules. i think ysmilan's comment is right, they have a checklist, but this checklist should be adjusted.
                        It was not a trick, why would they trick you? They respect you, same as they deserve some respect. No checklist should be adjusted, or anything, at least for now. They are humans, they make mistakes, and someone probably slipped up (yes, it is possible for them to make mistakes). If you get a rejection, you either appeal, re edit or learn from it, not criticize it. You and a screener made a mistake, that is all. Again, both the photographer and the crew should be respected, both do their own part, so many people find comments against screeners annoying, especially when it criticizes something so minor. A screener made a mistake, you also did, it got corrected and you got mad. That is all. There is nothing more to be said about this. Maybye screeners should pay closer attention, maybye. But try not to criticize someone with such devotion because of a tiny mistake. Again, that is all that is to be said.
                        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

It was not a trick, why would they trick you? They respect you, same as they deserve some respect. No checklist should be adjusted, or anything, at least for now. They are humans, they make mistakes, and someone probably slipped up (yes, it is possible for them to make mistakes). If you get a rejection, you either appeal, re edit or learn from it, not criticize it. You and a screener made a mistake, that is all. Again, both the photographer and the crew should be respected, both do their own part, so many people find comments against screeners annoying, especially when it criticizes something so minor. A screener made a mistake, you also did, it got corrected and you got mad. That is all. There is nothing more to be said about this. Maybye screeners should pay closer attention, maybye. But try not to criticize someone with such devotion because of a tiny mistake. Again, that is all that is to be said.
                          the only thing is i wasted my time on editing my pic to meet JP standards because some angels made 6 times of same mistake
                          if that is a trick, then its completly ok to criticize it, if thats just a mistake, it should also be pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                            Sorry but we have a team of plus 25 screeners. Which also are human. So yeah, votes can be different sometimes. And aboit wasting time..... you still can upload her in the regular queue. And if you dont want to waste time to upload also fine
                            yep, thanks for the advice, that pic goes to regular quewe now. i can understand screeners behavior now, but just wish human screeners could be more humanized

Comment

It takes a lot of patience to make the newcomer understand how it works here on JP.
                              First of all, no one is forced to upload photos of him here. If he does so, he must accept some rules, the first of which is: you are a guest and you must adapt to the rules of the host. If you are courteous, no one here, from the administrator to the last user, will be as courteous to you.
                              If you feel like you are wasting your time on a hobby, then this is not for you. Perhaps sport fishing would be more suitable because the fish don't protest.
                              If this is your passion, calmly accept the different situations that may arise, you'll see, you'll still have fun.
                              With respect.
                              P.s. Obviously screeners don't need anyone's defense, they are used to this type of thinking​

Comment

Working...
                              X