best way to spend another 50-75 bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simpleboy
    With a DSLR you can crop a lot out of your photos and still have excellant quality.
    Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
      Don't throw your camera in a backpack for transportation. I bought this today for $50.30 including shipping from B&H. It's rain and dust proof!
      I have that same bag (blue) and I love it! Lots of compartments and I recently discovered the built-in rain repellant bag that goes around it
      ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

will it fit the sigma 100-300 and a TC?
        ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Bought this bag. A good way to carry my 300D, 70-200L, 1.4x, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 28-80mm. And fairly cheap.

Comment

well, at this point here is my set up
            from B&H:
            350D(w/ kit lens or w/o kit lens, not sure yet)- $949.95/$859.95
            Batery grip- $149.95
            Impact 807 tripod- $29.95
            Lowepro Nova 3 AW (black)- $43.95
            900mAh battery- $39.95
            Sandisk 1gb Ultra II CF- $89.95

from Sigma 4 Less
            Sigma 100-300 f/4 EX IF HSM(meening USM)- $759.95
            Sigma 24-70mm f/3.5-5.6 (if i get the 350d w/o lens)- $104.95
            Sigma 1.4x EX APO tele-converter (might not get this, though heard the lens does wonders with it)- $142.95
            UV filter (more for scratch protection than anything else)- $34.95

total price: $2256.50(w/o kit lens)/2241.55(w/ kit lens)

both come out to about to about $40 shipping

so, i have heard good things about the sigma 24-70, also, it would help close the gap between my 'short' lens and my main lens, from 88-160 to 112-160. though, this would come at the sacrafice of the wide angle(the widest i would have would be 38mm), as aposed to 28mm. if i could use the TC on the sigma 70mm it would essentaly close the gap entirly(it would be a 4mm difference, and while i know it would not look to amazing, this would be for quick shots etc.), however i do not see it listed under usable lenses(and why would they list a lens like that there anyway?). so, ideas?

btw, if i am going to get anything, its going to be from those two stores, simply to cut down on shipping costs.

ps. i just realized that i have gone from spending another 75 bucks to another 1000 :P
            ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

KCMH advised me to post this: Get a 50mm MkII. Can't beat that lens for anything for that price

Comment

Well, I made my 350D kit as follows

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR 8-MP Camera w/Canon 18-55mm AF Lens, Black $999.99
                Quantaray - Skylight 1A Filter 58mm $14.99
                Quantaray - Diamond Tech SLR Gadget Bag Large, Blue $39.99
                Canon - 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 II/III USM EF Lens $269.95
                Quantaray - Polarizer Filter - Now Save 33%
                58mm $18.99
                Subtotal $1,343.91

I didn't order it, but when I order, I'm 99% sure that that will be my order.

PS. The Subtotal is the most expensive accesory hehe
                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

well, at this point i think i am going to get the kit lens instead of the sigma, and *might* dillay the perchouse of the 1.4xTC
                  ^----raveing lunatic

Comment

Originally posted by klck
                    KCMH advised me to post this: Get a 50mm MkII. Can't beat that lens for anything for that price

I've heard other people suggest getting this lens regardless of what you already have. What would be the purpose of buying this 50mm if you already have a zoom that covers that focal length?
                    ADC Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
                      I've heard other people suggest getting this lens regardless of what you already have. What would be the purpose of buying this 50mm if you already have a zoom that covers that focal length?
                      50mm is what the bare eyes see, so getting a fixed 50mm lens is to be easier to take normal pics (the first pics I took with an SLR were using a 50mm lens)
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

well, i really want to cover all ranges, so atm, a prime is really not an option
                        ^----raveing lunatic

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia
                          50mm is what the bare eyes see, so getting a fixed 50mm lens is to be easier to take normal pics (the first pics I took with an SLR were using a 50mm lens)
                          Yes, but on a 300D a 50mm lens = 80mm
                          ADC Refugee

Comment

Yes, but on a 300D a 50mm lens = 80mm
                            Err....no, it doesn't. You get a 50mm focal length image, cropped.

What would be the purpose of buying this 50mm if you already have a zoom that covers that focal length?
                            the f1.8 Duh.

Comment

ok, just a little update. at the moment im torn between the 100-300 f/4 HSM +1.4x TC, or the 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 OS(IS). they both come out to about the same price, the 100-300 focases extremely fast aparently, and produces amazingly sharp images, while the 80-400 makes the same images, but focases slower(about the speed of a 75-300 USM), but still has IS. any ideas?
                              ^----raveing lunatic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                                http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...hp?product=267

Bought this bag. A good way to carry my 300D, 70-200L, 1.4x, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 28-80mm. And fairly cheap.
                                My only problem with this bag is it screams "i have camera equipment"!

I would always reccomend a lowepro or tamrac bag that is just plain black or even a tenba or domke bag. When in shady areas i feel safer with a plain bag than one that shouts about whats in it.

Chris
                                Chris Sharps
                                5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                                17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                                24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                                1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Working...
                                X