Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of Camera and which brand do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Sure .... as soon as we talk about TV or DVD equipment!

Sorry, but for us elitist snobs, everything outside the Canon/Nikon frame is just ... well .... nice to talk about, unless we want ta start discussing the Hasselblads of this world. While building a camera shouldn't be rocket science for the top companies, there is simply a spiritual affinity to the cameras we started with.

It's like Formula 1 without Ferrarri, McLaren, Sauber-BMW, Renault ... in other words: ask again next year!
    I asked about Panasonic because for now my travel camera doubles as my spotting camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ-6, i'm into spotting "sort of in a serious way" fairly recent and I look forward to buying a DSLR in the future.

I also asked about Panasonic because of the new DMC-G1 that I'm tempted to investigate more and could be a future investment.
    But... I also want to be an elitist snob!!!!!!!

P.D: I knew that Hasseblad made top of the line equipment but there are cameras of over US$30,000!!! wow!

Comment

I just got my first DSLR in Jan 2009 so I got the best, Sony A200 with the 18-70 kit lens, a Sigma 28-105 and a Sigma 55-200. Can't beat them!!!!!

Comment

Started with 35mm Minolta (last century) got a Dimage 7 which was ok for close stuff but hopeless for anything else. Switched to Canon and currently have a 40D + 20D backup with 17-85 & 100-400L lenses.

Comment

which camera

For photo outing: CanonA200, sigma 28-105, sigma 55-200 and sony 18-70, always with me.Canon A1000 IS, very happy with both!

Comment

As I said earlier, I use Nikon. My wife uses Canon.

Personally I like a heavier camera body as I find panning easier. The body weight balances the lens weight, which is why I went for Nikon. I also use a shoulder pod for my 70-300 and 150-500 lenses.
            I find the Canon bodies ( 'er indoors has a 400D ) to be too light for me. I tried hers for a day and just couldn't get on with it.

Forget all about any "Canon-is-better-than-Nikon" arguments, both are excellent makes. It all revolves around which is the one you feel most comfortable handling. Go to your camera stores and ask to handle the various types with differnt lenses fitted...and you need to handle them for some time. If the store won't co-operate ?.... then go somewhere else that will. It's your money you're spending.

Above all, remember this...it's the quality of the glass up front that dictates the quality of your photography. That's where you need to make the investment. A good store will have salespersons who can advise you well with regard to what you want to do with your camera.

Let's face it, you're going to be spending a sum that will get you a half decent car, and that's reckoned to be the second most stressful purchase in your life !
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

My main body is a Canon 40d with a 70-200 f2.8L lens and 1.4x extender. I also have a 400d as a 2nd body and my other main used lenses are a Canon 24-105 f4L and a Canon 10-22.

Comment

Nikon D300 with 70-200 2.8, I used to have a D70s but got stolen, its cool the insurance was more than I would have got if I sold it!!

Comment

For me it's Canon too!

Use a mixture of 5D2/1D2/10D and 400D with a mixture of L zoom's and primes. My main lens being a 70-200F2.8LIS and a 100-400LIS when it works.
                  Chris Sharps
                  5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                  17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                  24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                  1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

A couple of 50D's and some white lenses. They work very well for me.

Comment

In the old days I used Asahi Pentax equipment. Lateron, after getting my first job, I switched to Nikon, partly because I wanted superb camera equipment (and thats Canon or Nikon for me) and because a lot of my friends used Nikon.

But as said by a few others before me: it's the photographer, not the equipment. It only helps you te get more out of it.

Brgds, Peter

See my latest photos on Jetphotos.net or Aircolours.com or Aviationphotos.org

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        As I said earlier, I use Nikon. My wife uses Canon.

Personally I like a heavier camera body as I find panning easier. The body weight balances the lens weight, which is why I went for Nikon. I also use a shoulder pod for my 70-300 and 150-500 lenses.
                        I find the Canon bodies ( 'er indoors has a 400D ) to be too light for me. I tried hers for a day and just couldn't get on with it.

Forget all about any "Canon-is-better-than-Nikon" arguments, both are excellent makes. It all revolves around which is the one you feel most comfortable handling. Go to your camera stores and ask to handle the various types with differnt lenses fitted...and you need to handle them for some time. If the store won't co-operate ?.... then go somewhere else that will. It's your money you're spending.

Above all, remember this...it's the quality of the glass up front that dictates the quality of your photography. That's where you need to make the investment. A good store will have salespersons who can advise you well with regard to what you want to do with your camera.

Let's face it, you're going to be spending a sum that will get you a half decent car, and that's reckoned to be the second most stressful purchase in your life !

Brian,
                        I would just like to say I feel for anybody who is buying a camera your advice is spot on.

Personally I have a Sony A200, this is after feeling the equivalent Nikon and my Dad's D400.

Thanks
                        Ben Leonard

Comment

I now use the Nikon D90.
                          I originally started off with a Sony H1 and felt I needed more some i got my hands on a Canon 350D and used it with a Sigma 70-300 APO lens. Although i was getting good results I came into some money and went for Nikon. My reasons for Nikon... The D90 came with a 18-105 kit lens which, to me, was better than the Canon kit lens for more general use.
                          And I love the D90, totally happy with the build quality, the feel of it and the results im getting from it.

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

I started with a Canon 350D and a Sigma 70-300. Currently I'm using a D200 and a 70-300 VR with a 18-55 also, couldn't be happier.

I'll probably get the D300 or D300s (when it becomes available) and leave the D200 as a backup. I'm also going to buy the 17-55 f/2.8

Comment

Canon Rebel XSi w/ 18-55mm EF-S IS and a 55-250mm EF-S IS

just upgraded to that from a Fujifilm S5200.

Comment

Since we are on the topic, Is there anyone bored with their Canon 500/600mm super telephoto and selling it for cheap .

A new one costs as much as a damn car .

Comment

Working...
                                X