Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of Camera and which brand do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Camera and which brand do you use?

I was just curious as to what types of camera and what brand of camera other JP.net members typically use for plane spotting. In addition, does anyone keep a small point and shoot for times when carrying around a big bulky SLR isn't practical?

The camera I use for aviation spotting:
    Canon Rebel XSi (EOS 450D)
    Lenses: Canon 18-55mm lens, 70-300 mm lens

The P&S camera I use for other times: Canon Powershot A540

Regards,

Rohan
    Canon
    55.66%
    Nikon
    32.08%
    Olympus
    0.94%
    Kodak
    0.00%
    Sony
    3.77%
    Other
    7.55%

Brand: Canon, because I started with Canon and a switch is too expensive. At that time it was Canon or Nikon for me, nothing else. That said, once again, Nikon or Canon is not the question, it's what the person behind the viewfinder.

Type: DSLR all the way! I need that photo feeling, including the noise of the shutter! I use P&S for the usual snapshot, but not when I plan a photo trip, incl. spotting day.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Nikon, becuase I started iwth Nikon in the days of film and then it was Nikon or Canon for me. I liked the F-90X better then the Canon, so I bought inot the Nikon system.

Currently I am using a D300.

Comment

Canon for me, as there was no other affordable brand on the market, when I started digital DSLR-photography, back in 2004.And as Gerardo already said a switch is to expansive.

Using now a EOS 40D + 17-85 IS USM and L 70-200 and a EOS 300D as back-up camera.

regards
        Freek

Comment

Brand:Canon
          Camera: 400D

It was the cheapest camera with the best quality when I bought it.
          I use it with a 18-55, 70-300 and I´ve ordered a 50-500

Comment

Canon for me as well. The Canon Rebel XT (350D) was the cheapest and most liked option for me at the time and most of my friends used Canon also so I could learn from them easier than if I had started with Nikon. I use a Sigma 28-70 and a Canon 100-400L with it.

-Chris

Comment

Nikon.

I haven been using Nikon camera's and lenses as long as I can remember and I like the quality and the well designed bodies. I can still use a 30 years old lens on my D300 body. Canon and Nikon are the leading brands and I think both brands are equally suited to the task. So, like GD said, in the end it's up to the person behind the viewfinder.

Roel.

Comment

Canon for me. I use the Canon when I started to do some photography. Never though to change to another brand. The camera is a 350D (XT) which I intend to change, and work with it as a backup camera.

Best regards
                A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

Canon EOS 450d, will be getting myself a new lens at some point over summer. I picked that as whilst trying out cameras it was the one that just felt right and had the best "OS"
                  "And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension." Senna, Ayrton.

Comment

2 x Nikon D80 bodies with Nikon 18-135 and Nikon 70-300 VR.

I also have a Sigma 170-500 but its only just got to be sunny enough to use it !!
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Nikon D40 18-55 and 70-300 with a D90 on the way.

Brian - Do you like your 18-135?
                      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Canon 450D along with 100-400 IS canon lens. Am going to upgrade to 500D soon.

Comment

I`m using two Nikon`s. D50 and last month i bought D90.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                            Nikon D40 18-55 and 70-300 with a D90 on the way.

Brian - Do you like your 18-135?
                            Love it. Could do maybe with VR as it's so light that it needs a firm hand. All my Popham shots are taken with it.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

2 Nikon D200's
                              Sigma 50-500
                              Sigma 18-50 F2.8

I entered with Nikon because they gave a bigger kick back when I went to purchase. I used Minolta back in my 35mm days.

Comment

Working...
                              X