Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Rodeback
    replied
    There are a lot of photographers who upload a lot of photos to Jetphotos. So if your photo gets rejected you lose an upload slot, and you don't get it back for two weeks. After two weeks you get that slot back, but until then, there is no way to delete it from the database. I guess it sort of incentivizes people to only upload their best photos so the screeners spend less time screening photos that will get rejected. It's a bit of a bummer, but that's how it works.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Sheeder
    replied
    No problem!

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Sheeder View Post
    Yea its annoying, maybe ask a screener like Dana but I think you have to wait the 14 days.
    ok ill do that soon thanks

Leave a comment:

• Nick Sheeder
    replied
    Yea its annoying, maybe ask a screener like Dana but I think you have to wait the 14 days.

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Sheeder View Post
    I don't think so, i think you have to wait the 14 days regardless unless i'm wrong but i think you have to wait.
    well that is kinda annoying but thank you

Leave a comment:

• Nick Sheeder
    replied
    I don't think so, i think you have to wait the 14 days regardless unless i'm wrong but i think you have to wait.

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    delete rejected photo

hi guys i had a photo rejected and i still have to wait 14 days for it to go away from the appeal option but i don't want to appeal i just want it gone so i can re-edit it and post it again or just post another photo is there anyway of deleting the photo from the rejected list? so i don't have to wait 14 days

Leave a comment:

• B7772ADL
    replied
    Trade in the 70-300 and 400 for a Canon 100-400 Mk2. It's a superb lens.

Leave a comment:

• jvdl
    replied
    Originally posted by jakew04 View Post
    hello guys i was thinking the canon 70-200 f2.8 mark II with a 2x teleconverter do you think that will work?
    As long as you are aware that a teleconverter will soften your images to some extent, and the 2x teleconverter will either reduce your autofocus points dramatically or not autofocus at all.

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    hello guys i was thinking the canon 70-200 f2.8 mark II with a 2x teleconverter do you think that will work?

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    Originally posted by flyingphilnewson View Post
    I have the Tamron 150-600 mm lens .. you can get good results BUT it weighs a ton ;( . . plus I am starting to find the autofocus is not reliable.

I also found that I rarely used the 300 to 600mm range. I have just bought a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens which has had good reviews and it is so much lighter and easier to carry around.
    yea im not a huge fan of the 150-600 lenses cause of the weight aswell

for range i need about 400 as you might know duxford is in a few days and for this one especially there will be a lot of solo acts which need 400mm or more it's the flying legends which is a shame cause i only have 300mm but most of the time i don't need to go above 300 aswell maybe like 90% 300mm is fine

i hope you like your new lens i heard good thinks about that one

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
    No need to feel foolish, it is not a popular subject. MFA is micro focus adjustment. It's the ability to compensate for a tendency to back or front focus for a given body-lens combination. As it turns out the AF system is open loop, so errors in body AF and in lens focusing mechanism could stack on top of each other if you're a bit unlucky. If that's the case, images from such a combination will be softer than they should be. MFA in-camera allows you to input a permanent bias that will make the entire system focus exactly at the desired distance. Previously people used to send their lenses and bodies to the manufacturer to have this done.

The significance of this is up for debate. But, considering the focal lengths often used in aviation photography and my recent experience with a new lens I would say definitely better to have this ability than not.

Edit: the above does not matter if shooting in Live View

Alex
    oh ok thank you, do you think paying double for the 80d is worth it because of this reason?

Leave a comment:

• flyingphilnewson
    replied
    I have the Tamron 150-600 mm lens .. you can get good results BUT it weighs a ton ;( . . plus I am starting to find the autofocus is not reliable.

I also found that I rarely used the 300 to 600mm range. I have just bought a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens which has had good reviews and it is so much lighter and easier to carry around.

Leave a comment:

• Quebec Golf
    replied
    Originally posted by jakew04 View Post
    i don't want to sound like a idiot but what's mfa?
    No need to feel foolish, it is not a popular subject. MFA is micro focus adjustment. It's the ability to compensate for a tendency to back or front focus for a given body-lens combination. As it turns out the AF system is open loop, so errors in body AF and in lens focusing mechanism could stack on top of each other if you're a bit unlucky. If that's the case, images from such a combination will be softer than they should be. MFA in-camera allows you to input a permanent bias that will make the entire system focus exactly at the desired distance. Previously people used to send their lenses and bodies to the manufacturer to have this done.

The significance of this is up for debate. But, considering the focal lengths often used in aviation photography and my recent experience with a new lens I would say definitely better to have this ability than not.

Edit: the above does not matter if shooting in Live View

Alex

Leave a comment:

• jakew04
    replied
    Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
    The 77D is indeed appealing. Even the buffer size is essentially identical to the 80D. Comparing the two I would pay attention to the following on the 77D:

1. inability to perform MFA in-camera
    2. build quality (closer to a Rebel or closer to a double-digit?)

Regards,

Alex
    i don't want to sound like a idiot but what's mfa?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X