• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

People asking reasonable, honest, or sincere questions never get sworn at

Even at that, for worse I'd only shake my head and move on to the next. No need to get angry about anything here.
    And this is why I like jetphotos

​​​​Thanks for the feedback bud.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

1. borderline contrast (would be a rejection for me)
    2. contrast
    3. yes, backlit
    People asking reasonable, honest, or sincere questions never get sworn at

Even at that, for worse I'd only shake my head and move on to the next. No need to get angry about anything here.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
    Hi there,
    3 I have some concerns about. First, the Bizjet. Too dark? Second, the A320. Automatic contrast failure that I would normally of binned instantly but, it's a hot photo due to the new livery. I'm going to assume straight off the bat that you've just sworn at me quite loudly too! Finally, the 146. Backlit by JP standards?
    1. borderline contrast (would be a rejection for me)
    2. contrast
    3. yes, backlit

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi there,

3 I have some concerns about. First, the Bizjet. Too dark? Second, the A320. Automatic contrast failure that I would normally of binned instantly but, it's a hot photo due to the new livery. I'm going to assume straight off the bat that you've just sworn at me quite loudly too! Finally, the 146. Backlit by JP standards? Click image for larger version

Name:	g-cmbc.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	733.1 KB
ID:	1109629Click image for larger version

Name:	g-ezbk.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	1109628Click image for larger version

Name:	g-jots.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	815.2 KB
ID:	1109630

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Ignore. Found a way to show the dust spot. Now to figure out how to transpose that info from the web to my image

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Even with those highlighted, I can still barely see them worth resharpening the image and correcting on this one?
    Is that a question (rhetorical or otherwise)?

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Some kind of marks in the sky here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	64248_1612967806.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	1109155
    Even with those highlighted, I can still barely see them worth resharpening the image and correcting on this one?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all,

Having some issues with this image. Rejected for Dirty/CMOS but I cannot find any trace of dust spots in Lightroom. The only thing I could see that resembled a dust spot in the JP checker got obliterated. Can someone please provide some more information on what I'm missing here? Undersharpened I can handle but invisible dust spots are driving me nuts. Especially as this would be a hot image

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

​​​​​
    Some kind of marks in the sky here:

Name:	64248_1612967806.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	1109155

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi all,

Having some issues with this image. Rejected for Dirty/CMOS but I cannot find any trace of dust spots in Lightroom. The only thing I could see that resembled a dust spot in the JP checker got obliterated. Can someone please provide some more information on what I'm missing here? Undersharpened I can handle but invisible dust spots are driving me nuts. Especially as this would be a hot image

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Might be fixable.

Just flat light from the cloudy conditions.

Angle is fine, but very poor light, so probably not fixable.
    Ah right, I may just bin the museum shots in favour of another trip!

The 38, my bad. I genuinely thought the lighting was quite good for that one. Guess I'll get there in time.

The A330, fair enough. I think I'm just desperate for some decent shots at the moment. Weather has been crap here recently with complete cloud cover most days. Think I may just be seeing minor weather improvements for more than they are currently.
    Last edited by LewisW295; 2021-02-02, 21:43. Reason: Somehow obliterated my replies.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion?
    Might be fixable.

With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?
    Just flat light from the cloudy conditions.

I also have this from a walk this morning. Perhaps soft and poor angle? Taken on an 18mm....
    Angle is fine, but very poor light, so probably not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• PabloGlez
    replied

Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion? With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?

I also have this from a walk this morning. Perhaps soft and poor angle? Taken on an 18mm....

Name:	EC-LQP 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	1108427
    I'm not screener but in my opinion it is not soft and the angle looks also fine. The main problem is the contrast given by the poor light of overcast days, not fixable iŽd say.

Regards!
    Pablo Gonzalez de Leon

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. borderline contrast
    2. horizon (CCW), borderline compression
    3. soft, compression

Compression either from your camera or too much NR applied afterwards.
    Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion? With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?

Name:	EC-LQP 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	1108427

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Evening all

3 I'd like a second look at tonight please!

Not sure if the Tomahawk may be oversaturated or too much contrast. It might even be right but I'm not sure. The two static shots, both contrast and softness (camera issue on the day totaled about 60 shots) and possibly motive/cutoff due to the angle I was working with.
    1. borderline contrast
    2. horizon (CCW), borderline compression
    3. soft, compression

Compression either from your camera or too much NR applied afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Evening all

3 I'd like a second look at tonight please!

Not sure if the Tomahawk may be oversaturated or too much contrast. It might even be right but I'm not sure. The two static shots, both contrast and softness (camera issue on the day totaled about 60 shots) and possibly motive/cutoff due to the angle I was working with.

Name:	G-BPES Piper PA-38-112 Tomahawk.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1108393

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	630.3 KB
ID:	1108392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	101