Lewis Latham - Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PabloGlez View Post

I´m not screener but the contrast/histogram would be ok for me.

Regards!
    Pablo Gonzalez de Leon.
    Thanks alot!

Comment

Hi screener,
      I really do not understand this rejection as the entire histogram is quite exposed and still, this photo got rejected for dark. Could you please take a look and see if an appeal is neccesary?
      Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8877834#
      Thanks alot!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis Latham View Post
        Hi screener,
        I really do not understand this rejection as the entire histogram is quite exposed and still, this photo got rejected for dark. Could you please take a look and see if an appeal is neccesary?
        Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8877834#
        Thanks alot!
        I´m not screener, but it is a bit dark, for me it´s not enough for be rejected.

Comment

May I ask, how is it dark since the histogram leans quite far to the right side of the histogram? I want to ask for clarification so I don't make the same mistake the next time. Also should I appeal?

Comment

May I ask, how is it dark since the histogram leans quite far to the right side of the histogram? I want to ask for clarification so I don't make the same mistake the next time. Also should I appeal?
            We don't screen histograms, we just use them in borderline cases. In your photo the main subject is indeed a bit too dull.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I see. In that case, how can I ensure that my photos are not too dark?

Comment

I see. In that case, how can I ensure that my photos are not too dark?
                Generally get the whites as bright as possible without getting too close to blowing out any highlights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62109_1612710008 (1).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	886.1 KB
ID:	1109337

Comment

Ah I see. Thank you very much!

Comment

Hey everyone!
                    Could I get a full pre-screen of this photo please? It's a first reg and I don't want to get it rejected! Cheers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey everyone!
                      Could I get a full pre-screen of this photo please? It's a first reg and I don't want to get it rejected! Cheers!
                      Bad color (purple cast) and dark/underexpossed.

Comment

May I ask how is the purple cast fixed? Also, the whites in LR say they are already clipping, still needs to be brighter?

Comment

May I ask how is the purple cast fixed? Also, the whites in LR say they are already clipping, still needs to be brighter?
                          In the white balance, correct the tint and temperature, for see the photo a bit more natural.

Name:	LargeWhitebalance2_grande.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1109498

And Im not saying whites, just increase the exposition, and if you need to correct the whites tones again do it, you need to have less strong shadows.

Name:	image_38311.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	606.7 KB
ID:	1109501Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38311.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	682.0 KB
ID:	1109502
                          Here you can see the color change, I couldn't do so much because of the jpg limitations. (still dark)

Attached Files

Comment

Taking your advice into account, I have made some adjustments to the photo, would this be better? I have added a more green tint to it and increased exposure to the overall photograph.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Taking your advice into account, I have made some adjustments to the photo, would this be better? I have added a more green tint to it and increased exposure to the overall photograph.
                              Yeah! It´s much better, now it would have more chance.

Comment

Alright, thanks so much for your input! Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X