jdppettit - Rejection/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdppettit View Post
    Also hoping to get some prescreen feedback on another batch I'm hoping to add to the database.
    These would be ok for me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A4283-3.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	1134205
      How does this look re the softness?
      Just hoping to follow up on the changes here, I'd like to resubmit if possible, thanks!

Comment

Just hoping to follow up on the changes here, I'd like to resubmit if possible, thanks!
        Contrast is a bit weak, and there is a dark circle/area in the middle of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast is a bit weak, and there is a dark circle/area in the middle of the frame.
          Hmm, any tips on how to make out the dark area? I'm not seeing it, I have tried several different displays to no avail.

Also just want to check, the rejection was originally around softness, are you of the opinion it is acceptably sharp at this point?

Comment

Hmm, any tips on how to make out the dark area? I'm not seeing it, I have tried several different displays to no avail.

Also just want to check, the rejection was originally around softness, are you of the opinion it is acceptably sharp at this point?
            Sharpness ok for me. Dark area likely an artifact of processing/vignetting removal, may or may not cause a rejection.

Comment

Name:	2T9A5690.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	1135895Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A5333.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	1135896Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A2319.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	1135897Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A0803.jpg
Size:	401.2 KB
ID:	1135898Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A1632.jpg
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	1135899 Hello! Hoping to get some feedback on these photos - thank you!

Comment

Hello! Hoping to get some feedback on these photos - thank you!
                Would be ok for me.

Comment

Hello! Hoping to get some pre-screen looks on these photos - thank you!

Name:	2T9A0875.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	1136483Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A0632.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	1136484Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A6644.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	1136485Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A6174.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	1136486Click image for larger version

Name:	2T9A8097.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	1136487

Comment

Hello! Hoping to get some pre-screen looks on these photos - thank you!
                    Slightly low contrast, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Hello! I had a couple come back rejected for contrast - not sure exactly what needs to be done here though. Question - is there a way to objectively measure contrast? I have a really hard time visually identifying things that lack contrast (or have too much I guess) unless they are at the extreme ends of the spectrum. Like these two rejects look visually the same to my eyes as the few that were accepted.

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Photos in question:

Comment

Hello! I had a couple come back rejected for contrast - not sure exactly what needs to be done here though. Question - is there a way to objectively measure contrast? I have a really hard time visually identifying things that lack contrast (or have too much I guess) unless they are at the extreme ends of the spectrum. Like these two rejects look visually the same to my eyes as the few that were accepted.

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Photos in question:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=10113470
                        Looks like low/washed out contrast, but more like actually just light reflecting off snow on the ground. Second is totally fine, I added it. First I'll leave up to you whether to appeal or not, but I'd say chances would be 50/50.

Comment

Hey folks! I had this photo of Alaska’s West Coast Wonders special livery come back rejected on underexposed/dark and am a bit confused why, it looks correctly exposed to my eyes. I know it’s not kosher to post other people’s photos as a point of comparison, but there are others of this aircraft much darker. I would appreciate any feedback yall have, thanks!

Photo in question: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=11646321
                          Last edited by jdppettit; 2024-03-13, 12:40. Reason: Fixed url

Comment

Hey folks! I had this photo of Alaska’s West Coast Wonders special livery come back rejected on underexposed/dark and am a bit confused why, it looks correctly exposed to my eyes. I know it’s not kosher to post other people’s photos as a point of comparison, but there are others of this aircraft much darker. I would appreciate any feedback yall have, thanks!
                            Not too bad, but could be a bit brighter:

Name:	366864_1709167231.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	1185388

Comment

Working...
                            X