X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhud922
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Soft, and might have issues with contrast (light not quite falling completely on the nose as we discussed before). Crop ok.
    does soft mean "this version you exported needs some sharpening" OR "this photo is inherently soft and can't be fixed"? I have a hard time if its the latter, a 1280 pixel image just doesn't show enough detail to accurately answer that question. Also, you can see the pilot wearing his mask ffs lol

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
    Thoughts on this? In hindsight I don't love the crop, that can be tweaked a bit.
    Soft, and might have issues with contrast (light not quite falling completely on the nose as we discussed before). Crop ok.

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied
    Thoughts on this? In hindsight I don't love the crop, that can be tweaked a bit. Click image for larger version  Name:	Korean 77w closeup test-1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	703.2 KB ID:	1132353

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied

Contrast too weak in this case.
    Thank you. Contrast seems to be something that can be tweaked for a possible acceptance, so we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ah, thank you. Also, I think I understand the meaning of "borderline", its the contrast part that is confusing Do I need to add or remove contrast?
    Contrast too weak in this case.

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied

Visible dust spot(s).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_45801.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	1132320

Borderline = may go either way (rejected or accepted).
    Ah, thank you. Also, I think I understand the meaning of "borderline", its the contrast part that is confusing Do I need to add or remove contrast?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    What is meant by "dirty"?
    Visible dust spot(s).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_45801.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	1132320

Also, forgive me i keep forgetting this, does borderline contrast mean it has too much contrast, or not enough?
    Borderline = may go either way (rejected or accepted).

Leave a comment:

• Tele
    replied

Thanks Dana!

What is meant by "dirty"? That isn't a photographic term i'm familiar with. If it's meant to imply "Noise" or "grain", from the sensor, why not say that? Also, Here's a 100% crop. It was shot at ISO 160 so i'm not sure what you're seeing there. It looks very clean to me. If dirty means compression, I would guess that is on JetPhoto's end...I'm sure most of us are exporting at 100% quality.

IMG_1057 by John Hudson, on Flickr

​​​​​​​Also, forgive me i keep forgetting this, does borderline contrast mean it has too much contrast, or not enough?
    Dirty means there's dust spots on the picture.

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied

1. borderline dark
    2. dirty, borderline dark
    3-4. borderline contrast
    5. dark/contrast
    Thanks Dana!

What is meant by "dirty"? That isn't a photographic term i'm familiar with. If it's meant to imply "Noise" or "grain", from the sensor, why not say that? Also, Here's a 100% crop. It was shot at ISO 160 so i'm not sure what you're seeing there. It looks very clean to me. If dirty means compression, I would guess that is on JetPhoto's end...I'm sure most of us are exporting at 100% quality.

IMG_1057 by John Hudson, on Flickr

​​​​​​​Also, forgive me i keep forgetting this, does borderline contrast mean it has too much contrast, or not enough?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thoughts on this?

Couple more, thank you.
    1. borderline dark
    2. dirty, borderline dark
    3-4. borderline contrast
    5. dark/contrast

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied
    Couple more, thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	spirit-for-jP.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	1132279Click image for larger version

Name:	AA A321 for JP-1.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	1132280Click image for larger version

Name:	Atlas 747 for JP-1.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	579.2 KB
ID:	1132281Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta 767400 for JP-1.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	675.5 KB
ID:	1132282

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied
    Thoughts on this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Korean-HL8274-for-JP.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	1132265

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied

You would run into two issues; first processing (dark circle in the middle of the frame, possibly from vignetting reduction), and also possibly, yes, overexposure. I would guess with a proper edit, both issues should be relatively easy to fix.
    The vignetting isn't as easy to fix with some of these as I would like. Its a rented Sigma 150-600, and there are like 4-5 profiles in Lightroom, none of which does a particularly good job at removing the vignetting. I could do it in Photoshop but I feel like that would be frowned upon from an editing perspective.

But I am somewhat reassured to hear that this was over-exposed, although I would have said more like overly contrasty, probably both.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I want to test something here, this image is to me, insane. I can hardly look at it, its blowing out my retinas. However, maybe others disagree? I watched a video tutorial recently by a photographer here who has over 1k photos and a very high acceptance rate. I've essentially copied his technique, and I will share my settings from LR as well. I'd love to know anyone's thoughts on this - aka, would this get accepted were I to upload it?
    You would run into two issues; first processing (dark circle in the middle of the frame, possibly from vignetting reduction), and also possibly, yes, overexposure. I would guess with a proper edit, both issues should be relatively easy to fix.

Leave a comment:

• jhud922
    replied
    I want to test something here, this image is to me, insane. I can hardly look at it, its blowing out my retinas. However, maybe others disagree? I watched a video tutorial recently by a photographer here who has over 1k photos and a very high acceptance rate. I've essentially copied his technique, and I will share my settings from LR as well. I'd love to know anyone's thoughts on this - aka, would this get accepted were I to upload it?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fedex test-1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	423.1 KB ID:	1132232

2022-02-24 18_13_08-Lightroom Catalog-3-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop by John Hudson, on Flickr
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X