Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening / editing advice: PawelMarecki

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm new on Jetphotos. Already tried to upload one photo, but it was rejected. So this time I'll ask you for your professional advice. Attached photo is in 1280x720 which is desired resolution at the moment.

Here is EXIF:
    Canon 70D + Canon EF 28-135mm (at 135mm), f/9.0, 1/1250s, ISO 320.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bleuair; 2023-05-22, 21:15.

I'm not a professional screener or anything, but I can definitely see that the photo is just a bit too soft. It's also got some chromatic aberration on the small black text near the tail, but I don't think that'd be a problem. One last thing, the aircraft seems just a bit too low in frame.

(Don't take anything I say too seriously until a photo team replies, this is just what I saw with the photo)

Comment

From my experience ,JP screener love to using histogram tool and check for dust to screen picture...... You better to post histogram and check for dust for asking advice.These two tools will let your photo avoid get rejection contrast, over processed and dust spot
      Regards
      Kind regards from Sydney
      Charlie Chang

Comment

Originally posted by PawelMarecki View Post
        Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm new on Jetphotos. Already tried to upload one photo, but it was rejected. So this time I'll ask you for your professional advice. Attached photo is in 1280x720 which is desired resolution at the moment.
        Dust spots and borderline soft, though acceptable for me

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Dust spots and borderline soft, though acceptable for me
          Thank you! Here is fixed one. I've tried to increase sharpness a little bit but not sure if this is enough. Found some dust and removed it.

I also include histogram, like Charlie advised. It is important and I'm not 100% sure if the histogram looks ok here.

Unfortunately this lens is soft in general and I'm afraid there is no much more room for improvement in case of sharpness.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! Here is fixed one. I've tried to increase sharpness a little bit but not sure if this is enough. Found some dust and removed it.

I also include histogram, like Charlie advised. It is important and I'm not 100% sure if the histogram looks ok here.

Unfortunately this lens is soft in general and I'm afraid there is no much more room for improvement in case of sharpness.
            Still some softness towards the tail, but might be acceptable.

Comment

Hello again!

Like before I would really appreciate you help with prescreening.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello again!

Like before I would really appreciate you help with prescreening.
                1. borderline soft
                2. dirty, borderline dark

Comment

Hi!

I'd like to ask you for your help in prescreening again. Thanks in advance!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

I'd like to ask you for your help in prescreening again. Thanks in advance!
                    Soft, very poor contrast. Not fixable.

Comment

Soft, very poor contrast. Not fixable.
                      Thanks for review! Could you elaborate a bit about what part is soft? In case of contrast, do you refer to contrast between the glider and the background?

Comment

Thanks for review! Could you elaborate a bit about what part is soft? In case of contrast, do you refer to contrast between the glider and the background?
                        Whole image is soft. Terrible contrast due to the overcast/cloudy conditions. Images taken in such light will almost never be accepted.

Comment

Whole image is soft. Terrible contrast due to the overcast/cloudy conditions. Images taken in such light will almost never be accepted.
                          That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Working...
                          X