No announcement yet.

thebigdog360 - Prescreening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Was at a charity event where teams are allowed to pull a 757. I know that when a tug is pulling an airplane, it can be cropped in, so would this crop be acceptable? I have other angles with just the airplane, but wanted to include the novelty if possible. Also any other prescreening comments, thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
      Hello. Was at a charity event where teams are allowed to pull a 757. I know that when a tug is pulling an airplane, it can be cropped in, so would this crop be acceptable? I have other angles with just the airplane, but wanted to include the novelty if possible. Also any other prescreening comments, thanks!
      Very soft. Motive/centering at screener's discretion.

Comment

• Hello, would appreciate a pre-screening for this please. Not sure what to do with horizon, also I am not confident if this is enough contrast or if it is possibly backlit? Also, would this photo count as hot for the addition of the tip tanks, or should it go in the regular queue? Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, would appreciate a pre-screening for this please. Not sure what to do with horizon, also I am not confident if this is enough contrast or if it is possibly backlit? Also, would this photo count as hot for the addition of the tip tanks, or should it go in the regular queue? Thanks.
          Horizon ok; yes backlit; not hot.

Comment

• Would like a pre-screening for this please. My main concerns are horizon and the crop. Thanks in advance.
            Attached Files

Comment

Would like a pre-screening for this please. My main concerns are horizon and the crop. Thanks in advance.
              Horizon ok for me, borderline crop, white balance too warm.

Comment

• Hi there, pre-screening here please. Not sure about horizon again, but also sharpness/heat haze as an issue? Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, pre-screening here please. Not sure about horizon again, but also sharpness/heat haze as an issue? Thanks.
                  Heat haze, contrast/overexposed.

Comment

• Hi there, was curious if this would be backlit? Or maybe borderline? Also this is my first time trying with a resolution of 1400, so any other feedback is appreciated as well. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, was curious if this would be backlit? Or maybe borderline? Also this is my first time trying with a resolution of 1400, so any other feedback is appreciated as well. Thanks.
                      Not quite backlit. Dirty and somewhat soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not quite backlit. Dirty and somewhat soft.
                        Ok, here is the photo in 1280 instead. I am aware it is still dirty but is the sharpness improved?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, here is the photo in 1280 instead. I am aware it is still dirty but is the sharpness improved?
                          Still slightly soft, but ok for me.

Comment

• Hello, want to make sure that sharpness and contrast are okay for 1, and that sharpness is okay for 2. Also any other feedback, thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, want to make sure that sharpness and contrast are okay for 1, and that sharpness is okay for 2. Also any other feedback, thanks.
                              1. dark/contrast, borderline soft, noisy
                              2. soft

Comment

• Hi there, I just wanted some clarification for this rejection. It was rejected for both heat haze, as well as "Window Glare/Dirt". I guess I can understand heat haze, though it is certainly very slight if there is any at all to my untrained eyes. But it is the window glare/dirt reason which confuses me. I had always thought, and looked on the guidelines to confirm, that that reason applied if the photo was taken from the inside of a building/through glass. It is obvious that I wasn't doing that here. If it is referring to the glare of the sun on the aircraft itself, then I feel that that should be made more obvious on the guidelines, since unless I am again misunderstanding, only focuses on taking pictures through glass. There are also no examples for this entry. Sorry if this is a little petty but it just seems unclear. Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X