emberdex - Pre-Screening Request / Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emberdex - Pre-Screening Request / Editing Advice

Hi, trying to make my first submissions to JetPhotos with the following submissions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-INKY_1280.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	1158008Click image for larger version

Name:	EI-IGG_1280.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	1158010Click image for larger version

Name:	G-GDFV_1280.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	1158011Click image for larger version

Name:	SP-RKQ_1280-1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	1158012

These are already in the queue, but if there is a general consensus that they are likely to be rejected upon screening, I will remove and resubmit them. I missed the advice to submit here before taking up queue slots - that's my bad

Thanks in advance for any advice people are willing to give - I'm still pretty new to this whole planespotting business, so I have a lot of learning to do!
    Attached Files

Hiya. Not a screener but I can see the pics are backlit, a certain rejection sadly.
    There might be other points as well.

All the best

Comment

Hello,
      Although I'm not a screener, I think it's against the rules to request prescreening for pictures that are currently in the queue.

#2 in https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Comment

All backlit, so not acceptable.

But just so you know what else you need to work on:

Piaggio - soft, weak contrast, dark, needs a tighter crop and better centering

First Ryanair - dark, needs centering

Jet2 - Soft, dark, centering

Last one - dark, soft, blurry, crop is okay but is too low in the frame.

Comment

Back to the drawing board, I suppose... some more forward planning needed on my location, I think. Although to my knowledge there's nowhere for me to go and spot at EMA this time of year to get front-lit movements on the RW27 side.

thanks for the feedback, folks - hope to be back as soon as I can get out and shoot more

also, interesting that the one photo that didn't get remarked as "soft" is the only one I actually applied any sharpening to - I think Lightroom exports at 1280px wide without any sharpening are just soft by nature, the originals are sharp. Lesson learned I suppose - makes me wonder if I could rescue some of these with a re-edit, if backlighting wasn't a concern...

Comment

I've done some more spotting at BHX today, with the sun behind me this time(!), and now I've returned for some more pre-screening advice.

I think these are a little bit closer to acceptable under the submission guidelines, but I'm not the expert here by any means and I'm happy to be corrected - any advice received here is much appreciated!

These files are processed exactly as they would be submitted to JetPhotos.

Name:	3B0A6810-Prescreening.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	1159888Click image for larger version

Name:	3B0A6022-Prescreening.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	715.6 KB
ID:	1159889Click image for larger version

Name:	3B0A6219-Prescreening.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	729.0 KB
ID:	1159890Click image for larger version

Name:	3B0A6930-Prescreening.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	731.1 KB
ID:	1159891Click image for larger version

Name:	3B0A7134-Prescreening.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	776.1 KB
ID:	1159892

Comment

Originally posted by emberdex View Post
              I've done some more spotting at BHX today, with the sun behind me this time(!), and now I've returned for some more pre-screening advice.

I think these are a little bit closer to acceptable under the submission guidelines, but I'm not the expert here by any means and I'm happy to be corrected - any advice received here is much appreciated!
              1. dark, too far
              2. dark
              3. dark, heat haze, horizon
              4. dark, centering/too far
              5. dark, centering, horizon, heat haze

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. dark, too far
                2. dark
                3. dark, heat haze, horizon
                4. dark, centering/too far
                5. dark, centering, horizon, heat haze
                Thank you for your pre-screening advice. Darned heat haze... makes me wish I lived a little closer to an airport so I could arrive early in the morning! I gave photos 1, 2 and 4 another pass in Lightroom, please let me know your thoughts:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3B0A6810-Take2-Prescreening.jpg Views:	0 Size:	564.5 KB ID:	1160272Click image for larger version  Name:	3B0A6022-Take2-Prescreening.jpg Views:	0 Size:	750.9 KB ID:	1160273Click image for larger version  Name:	3B0A6930-Take2-Prescreening.jpg Views:	0 Size:	773.7 KB ID:	1160274

Comment

Thank you for your pre-screening advice. Darned heat haze... makes me wish I lived a little closer to an airport so I could arrive early in the morning! I gave photos 1, 2 and 4 another pass in Lightroom, please let me know your thoughts:
                  1. heat haze
                  2. ok for me
                  3. borderline heat haze

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. heat haze
                    2. ok for me
                    3. borderline heat haze
                    #2 submitted for screening. Thanks!

Comment

Hi all, back again

Could I get some pre-screening advice on these photos, please:

Name:	C-FVLX.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	1168350Click image for larger version

Name:	EI-NSB_02.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	1168351Click image for larger version

Name:	VT-ANZ.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	1168352Click image for larger version

Name:	YL-ABI.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	1168353Click image for larger version

Name:	N791UA.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	1168354

Comment

Hi all, back again

Could I get some pre-screening advice on these photos, please:
                        Dark/poor contrast and centering issues. Last one looks workable with a better edit, the others not.

Comment

Working...
                        X