MBreaux59 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBreaux59 - Editing Advice

​ Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to planespotting and this is my first post to the forum. Can someone please give me some advice on what I could be doing better editing wise? I know that the quality in general is not the best, as I need to upgrade my camera. I'm just looking for tips on editing only. I've attached one of my recent photos, before and after editing. I'd appreciate any tips/advice ya'll can give me. Thanks! ​ image widget

Originally posted by MBreaux59 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to planespotting and this is my first post to the forum. Can someone please give me some advice on what I could be doing better editing wise? I know that the quality in general is not the best, as I need to upgrade my camera. I'm just looking for tips on editing only. I've attached one of my recent photos, before and after editing. I'd appreciate any tips/advice ya'll can give me. Thanks!
    There are no images visible on this post.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

There are no images visible on this post.
      Sorry! Did it work this time? Click image for larger version

Name:	20230512_131823.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	1160622Click image for larger version

Views:	179
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	1160623
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry! Did it work this time? Click image for larger version

Views:	174
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	1160622Click image for larger version

Views:	179
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	1160623
        Not to be rude, but were these taken with a cell phone from a long distance away? Just to be brutally honest, the quality is severely lacking.

Comment

Sorry! Did it work this time?
          Sorry, the quality is so poor that trying to edit something like this is pointless. I would suggest working on/learning proper photography techniques, and as you mentioned (if you are serious), upgrading the equipment you are using. Once you've got the basics down, come back here to ask for help refining things.

Comment

Sorry, the quality is so poor that trying to edit something like this is pointless. I would suggest working on/learning proper photography techniques, and as you mentioned (if you are serious), upgrading the equipment you are using. Once you've got the basics down, come back here to ask for help refining things.
            Ah okay.. sorry for wasting you guys' time.

Comment

Ah okay.. sorry for wasting you guys' time.
              Not wasting our time, but it would really be a good idea to get a feel for what level of quality is needed here and slowly work your way up to that; otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get disappointed/frustrated if you try to jump in right away. The forum will be here when you're ready for that

Comment

Not wasting our time, but it would really be a good idea to get a feel for what level of quality is needed here and slowly work your way up to that; otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get disappointed/frustrated if you try to jump in right away. The forum will be here when you're ready for that
                If you don't mind, what kind of camera would you recommend for a beginner? Something easy to use and preferably in a lower price range. I wouldn't mind investing in something fancier once I've got the hang of things, but I'm just looking for something decent to start out with.

Comment

If you don't mind, what kind of camera would you recommend for a beginner? Something easy to use and preferably in a lower price range. I wouldn't mind investing in something fancier once I've got the hang of things, but I'm just looking for something decent to start out with.
                  Honestly, the brand of camera is mostly irrelevant. I've shot Nikon and Sony in the past decade, and have been happy with both. If you're serious about the hobby, best thing would be to buy a cheap interchangeable-lens camera (dSLR or mirrorless) of any brand, and work on your photography skills/techniques in general. Once you've gotten comfortable, you can then decide which brand/system to buy into, if you're ready to upgrade/spend more money. You're likely to end up spending more on lenses in the long run if you really get serious about it. Feel free to post back here if you need more specific advice.

Comment

Honestly, the brand of camera is mostly irrelevant. I've shot Nikon and Sony in the past decade, and have been happy with both. If you're serious about the hobby, best thing would be to buy a cheap interchangeable-lens camera (dSLR or mirrorless) of any brand, and work on your photography skills/techniques in general. Once you've gotten comfortable, you can then decide which brand/system to buy into, if you're ready to upgrade/spend more money. You're likely to end up spending more on lenses in the long run if you really get serious about it. Feel free to post back here if you need more specific advice.
                    Thank you so much! You've been a huge help

Comment

a tripod can help stabalize your shots if u get a camera, it works for me!

Comment

Working...
                      X