No announcement yet.

Backlit Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for late replying, I have a Sony DSC-H55 point and shoot digital camera whose sensor size is 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm).

Comment

Understanding Rejection reason - Similar -
      Hi , I have a photo of TC-LKB in database - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11206264
      This is a head on photo and now if I upload the following photo of same reg, TC-LKB which is technically of different composition and different angle, Will it be considered similar? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08751-2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	702.2 KB
ID:	1184155
      Also for this case where i have a photo of D-AALM in database -https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11021704
      So will this be considered similar? Background is somewhat same but composition and angle is different.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	D-AALM (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	795.5 KB
ID:	1184156
      Thank You.

Comment

Both similar in my opinion
        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Jash 787 DreamLiner View Post
          Understanding Rejection reason - Similar -
          Hi , I have a photo of TC-LKB in database
          This is a head on photo and now if I upload the following photo of same reg, TC-LKB which is technically of different composition and different angle, Will it be considered similar?
          Also for this case where i have a photo of D-AALM in database
          So will this be considered similar? Background is somewhat same but composition and angle is different.
          Not similar, similar.

Comment

Prescreen Request-
            Not sure about the contrast of this image.
            . Click image for larger version

Name:	VT-IJU (1 of 1)-5.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	725.8 KB
ID:	1186329

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-22 232135.png
Views:	83
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1186330

Comment

Prescreen Request-
              Not sure about the contrast of this image.
              Soft/noisy/compressed. Not fixable.

Comment

Post screening advice -
                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejected for Oversharpen, Undersharpened (Soft)
                How can a photo be over sharp and soft at the same time? is it because some part of a/c are too sharp and some part is soft? to me the photo looks properly sharp. What's your opinion about it? Thanks for your time. ​​

Comment

Post screening advice -
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejected for Oversharpen, Undersharpened (Soft)
                  How can a photo be over sharp and soft at the same time? is it because some part of a/c are too sharp and some part is soft? to me the photo looks properly sharp. What's your opinion about it? Thanks for your time. ​​
                  Soft/compressed/heat hazed, but I don't see oversharpened. Might have been a mistake by the screener.

Comment

Alright thanks.

Comment

Rejection Appeal -

Rejected for Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
                      On my screen both distance from upper yellow reference line to upper part of fuselage as well as lower reference yellow line to most probable location of lower part of fuselage behind the engine is 2.5cm. (Both red lines that I have highlighted are of 2.5 cm length on my screen) What I thought so far is that distance from reference line to upper and lower part of fuselage must be same. Here do I have to consider distance from engine and lower reference line as 2.5 cm? Please correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise according to me the photo is well centered. Thanks.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-30 184740.png
Views:	61
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	1187148

Comment

Rejection Appeal -

Rejected for Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
                        On my screen both distance from upper yellow reference line to upper part of fuselage as well as lower reference yellow line to most probable location of lower part of fuselage behind the engine is 2.5cm. (Both red lines that I have highlighted are of 2.5 cm length on my screen) What I thought so far is that distance from reference line to upper and lower part of fuselage must be same. Here do I have to consider distance from engine and lower reference line as 2.5 cm? Please correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise according to me the photo is well centered. Thanks.
                        It's a bit low in the frame. You've centered the tail only in your diagram.

Comment

Post screening advice-

Both rejected for horizon unlevel. Honestly I think they are leveled. In the bombardier dash 8 photo, there is almost no horizon reference except the small hut, which seems leveled. The dark brown trench that is seen above the wing is in fact parallel to taxiway, so it can't be taken as horizon reference since the taxiway and that trench both look tilted from this angle.
                          In the A350 photo, again the horizon near the vertical stabilizer looks leveled to me, and hanger in the background is also leveled I think.
                          The screener has commented Need ccw rotation in both the photos, but I'm unable to understand what reference actually to look for CCW rotation. Maybe the screener's decision is correct, but I'm unsure which reference to look in the photo when there is very few or no (incase of Bombardier) horizon reference in the photo. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Post screening advice-
                            Both rejected for horizon unlevel. Honestly I think they are leveled. In the bombardier dash 8 photo, there is almost no horizon reference except the small hut, which seems leveled. The dark brown trench that is seen above the wing is in fact parallel to taxiway, so it can't be taken as horizon reference since the taxiway and that trench both look tilted from this angle.
                            In the A350 photo, again the horizon near the vertical stabilizer looks leveled to me, and hanger in the background is also leveled I think.
                            The screener has commented Need ccw rotation in both the photos, but I'm unable to understand what reference actually to look for CCW rotation. Maybe the screener's decision is correct, but I'm unsure which reference to look in the photo when there is very few or no (incase of Bombardier) horizon reference in the photo. Thanks for your time.
                            A little CCW rotation needed for both.

Comment

Prescreen advice -
                              Not sure about Contrast and exposure of this photo. PFA the photo and its histogram. Thanks

Name:	a6-ebw 1280 (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	1188177

Name:	ebw.png
Views:	24
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1188178

Comment

Prescreen advice -
                                Not sure about Contrast and exposure of this photo. PFA the photo and its histogram. Thanks
                                A bit bright but would be ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X