Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rejection "Invalid Hot" & Questions regarding HOT for RETIRED aircrafts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection "Invalid Hot" & Questions regarding HOT for RETIRED aircrafts.

Hi guys, I want to bring up something that has confused me very much. I have shot numerous retired China Air Force planes that haven't been included in the database. They have fake numbers because they are used in an aeronautical academy, but I also know the real numbers as the covering paint is not thick. When I uploaded these photos as hot because they are the first photo of this aircraft, I got rejected and the comment was "1. "31" is not a new registration. 2. No need for priority screening for FR24 for a retired aircraft. " Whereas, the rules clearly state: 4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe (is counted as hot photos).

I have three questions.
    1. When I know the real registration that is unable to be seen on the airframe and the airframe has an endowed fake reg, which should I put in, and how should I explain to the screeners?
    2. The reg "31" is not a "NEW" registration, but it was and it has been OKAY for me to use this hot reason for more than 30 hot retired photos, some repetitive reg with other aircraft. I don't see why this comment suddenly appears, which is quite against the guidelines.
    3. The "No need for priority screening for FR24 for a retired aircraft." is the most confusing. Does this mean JP is not accepting any hot photos of retired aircraft? Being a photo database I think providing photo service for FR24 is only part of its job. More should be one that when anyone needs a photo, they can access it from your website. If this is a new rule, it should be clarified in the guidelines - because this is definitely not an old rule as I've had dozens of Migs and old propellers accepted as hot.

I appreciate your help to clarify these points for me or correct my speculation if needed. Thank you.

The photo.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11196947

(I know I have a genre error so I'm not looking for a pass here, but the recent changes listed above are confusing me.)
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by Zhang1 View Post
    Hi guys, I want to bring up something that has confused me very much. I have shot numerous retired China Air Force planes that haven't been included in the database. They have fake numbers because they are used in an aeronautical academy, but I also know the real numbers as the covering paint is not thick. When I uploaded these photos as hot because they are the first photo of this aircraft, I got rejected and the comment was "1. "31" is not a new registration. 2. No need for priority screening for FR24 for a retired aircraft. " Whereas, the rules clearly state: 4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe (is counted as hot photos).

I have three questions.
    1. When I know the real registration that is unable to be seen on the airframe and the airframe has an endowed fake reg, which should I put in, and how should I explain to the screeners?
    2. The reg "31" is not a "NEW" registration, but it was and it has been OKAY for me to use this hot reason for more than 30 hot retired photos, some repetitive reg with other aircraft. I don't see why this comment suddenly appears, which is quite against the guidelines.
    3. The "No need for priority screening for FR24 for a retired aircraft." is the most confusing. Does this mean JP is not accepting any hot photos of retired aircraft? Being a photo database I think providing photo service for FR24 is only part of its job. More should be one that when anyone needs a photo, they can access it from your website. If this is a new rule, it should be clarified in the guidelines - because this is definitely not an old rule as I've had dozens of Migs and old propellers accepted as hot.

I appreciate your help to clarify these points for me or correct my speculation if needed. Thank you.

The photo.

(I know I have a genre error so I'm not looking for a pass here, but the recent changes listed above are confusing me.)
    For the first question, I think you should use the "comment to screeners" box. Then you put your comments there for the screeners.

Comment

I have three questions.

The photo.

1. explain it in the comments to screener box.
      2. we've become more strict with this because of people like yourself taking advantage of this rule. it now only applies to active aircraft.
      3. that is correct. please see #2 above, and submit your images to the regular queue.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. explain it in the comments to the screener box.
        2. we've become more strict with this because of people like yourself taking advantage of this rule. it now only applies to active aircraft.
        3. that is correct. please see #2 above, and submit your images to the regular queue.
        Either you change the upload guideline every time you change your rule, or you FOLLOW YOUR RULE! Likeminded people with a love for vintage aviation are quitting JP because of people like you and the crew members who take advantage of utilizing your power to disregard the rules you post yourself. Totally disrespectful to the users and stained your position. Unacceptable BS.

So what? JP now only serves FR because it was bought? Then do your things and say "Yes we don't want fxxking retired shxx in our photo base". JP is discriminating against the history of aviation, in which its origin is the little money FR gives.

Never thanking the real photo contributors, and now coming to sxxt me with "because of people like yourself taking advantage of this rule". Ironically, the rule you published. That is never updated since SIX years ago.

Dead furious, especially you who seems talking from a higher position in a lot of posts I see. BS and bye!

Comment

Either you change the upload guideline every time you change your rule, or you FOLLOW YOUR RULE! Likeminded people with a love for vintage aviation are quitting JP because of people like you and the crew members who take advantage of utilizing your power to disregard the rules you post yourself. Totally disrespectful to the users and stained your position. Unacceptable BS.

So what? JP now only serves FR because it was bought? Then do your things and say "Yes we don't want fxxking retired shxx in our photo base". JP is discriminating against the history of aviation, in which its origin is the little money FR gives.

Never thanking the real photo contributors, and now coming to sxxt me with "because of people like yourself taking advantage of this rule". Ironically, the rule you published. That is never updated since SIX years ago.

Dead furious, especially you who seems talking from a higher position in a lot of posts I see. BS and bye!
          You can request your ban to be removed if you feel like apologizing.

If not, bye.

Comment

Hi,

As explained many times, Hot photos are the main reason for a long queue. The amount of daily hot photos, appeals about them , emails, and work in general resulting from those is using a very large amount of crew time.

Spotting is a hobby that needs a lot of patience Uploading a museum, retired plane as hot and jump the queue and pass in front of thousands of photographers just isn’t fair or necessary for anyone. What is the problem about waiting 2 weeks to get a photo in the database ?

What I’m trying to make you understand is that it’s not Uploaders vs JP crew but that we are all in the same boat and a shorter queue is the best for everyone. So if you want to help all those people offering you their time for free and the community in general, just upload those in the normal queue.

So now, yes, it makes me sad when people get that angry for our hobby. I really don’t understand and I hope you all understand that using the F word or BS in an argument is a step too far. If an hobby brings so much negativity you might want to reconsider why you upload here because there’s many other way to enjoy the hobby or places to upload with no screeners or rules. If you choose to upload here, then it’s pretty normal everyone needs to accept a few rules and use the minimum respect in communications

Have a nice day
            Alex
            Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2023-08-01, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
            X