Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five times rejected photo of the same aircraft

Hello,

I am very concerned about the photo approval process. I've tried to upload a picture of one aircraft 5 times. Each time, it was rejected for various reasons.

The latest one, which I believe is the best and is shown below, was rejected for being "backlit". I don't see any backlighting in the photo. The sun is on my right side and only clouds are in the background. The aircraft has sufficient contrast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1167523

In my opinion, there's a double standard here because when you look at the following approved photos, the background (clouds) is much brighter and the photographed objects get lost in it.

N1149F. Cessna 172G Skyhawk. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Air Cap 2023. PT-JUZ. Cessna 172M Skyhawk. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

N64524. Cessna 172M Skyhawk II. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

On static display at RIAT 2023. ZK031. British Aerospace Hawk T.2. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Additionally, the email states that if I disagree with the rejection reasons, I should click on the "Appeal" link located below the photo details. However, I don't see any such link there.

Best regards,

Oldrich

Although the aircraft generally speaking is sufficiently lit, the shadow from the sunlight is falling onto "your" side of the aircraft.

None of the examples you posted below are similar in this regard, the first one being the closest but it´s still lit differently (from the top, no shadow on the tail).

The photo will always be rejected as backlit, you should / could´ve taken the image from the other side and it would likely be approved.

Best Regards

Comment

Then I don't understand the term "backlit". I thought that the photographed plane must not have the sun behind it so that it does not shine into the camera. Shooting with backlight = backlit. Or not? Then I don't know why I have rejected this photo for backlit:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2414.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	1167529

Comment

Backlit follows a simple rule. Keep the sun behind you. Never have the sun shine in your face. I’d recommend the app “suncalc”. It gives you the realtime location of the sun so you can always be on the right side of the runway at the right time.

Comment

About the deleted reply - Please keep on the original topic - you can open another discussion for your pics but they are not useful if you don’t post your rejection so that we can explain the differences.

and yes not much to add, that Cessna is totally backlit and no editing can make it acceptable.

regards
          Alex
          Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2023-08-12, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrichsveda View Post
            Then I don't understand the term "backlit".
            If you don't know what backlit is then I highly recommend you to read the upload guidelines before uploading (https://www.jetphotos.com/uploadguidelines/) 5.1 is about backlit photos with examples what isn't acceptable.

Comment

This is also in "backlit" ?

Name:	DSC00559.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	1167583

Comment

Originally posted by oldrichsveda View Post
                This is also in "backlit" ?

Name:	DSC00559.jpg