Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of an explanation

Hi all,

The only reason this photo was rejected was for "Bad Quality." It probably isn't relevant, but I did check the box to exclude it from flightradar24.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02717.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	1173254

After taking a look at the photo upload guidelines, the bad quality section only states that "that the picture has many problems and is not worth considering further editing, appealing or re-uploading." This explanation of the problem is not clear to me; it doesn't say what is wrong or why it's wrong. Can someone please clarify a little more? Or maybe what I could do to fix it going forward? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Blue skies y'all.

To put it bluntly, its an image of shockingly sub-standard light conditions. Not to say the photographer is bad, its just rubbish light. It should be clear to you, if you look at the types of photos that you see on the website how different this photo is. Its practically a silhouette of three planes. You will not find a photo like this in the database.

Comment

I see what you're saying about the light and I have been looking at the photos on jetphotos for quite a while.

I know the light is bad, but I think it dramatizes the photo. Why wouldn't the screener just put that it was too dark or underexposed?

Comment

Hi!
        I'm not a screener. But i've seen that when an error in a image is so severe they don't even specify and go with "bad quality".
        This pictures has a really low light and contrast so that may be the reason why they go with bad quality.
        but maybe if you edit it in the right way according to jetphotos taste, it could be accepted with nightshot/sunset category.
        Regardless of edition and lightning it's a really nice picture in my opinion.
        Regards.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/315324

Comment

Bad quality because the images suffers from many flaws and, even with good editing, it has zero chance to be accepted

- Image suffers from a very poor contrast due to the bad light
          - there’s a lot of noise
          - Planes are soft and blurry, nothing you can do to improve this

Aviation photography does require a good learning both in terms of photography and editing.
          About photography, here you need to pick up better opportunities. Even for a good and experimented photographers, the conditions are just too bad there to achieve any good result
          About editing, please check the upload guideline and watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRcYHg1IMhM

Kind Regards
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X