Prescreening help BluestreakAviation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Sorry if it was unclear, but it would be rejected for soft, centering, dark, contrast.. so no, the quality is not acceptable.
    Sorry, I understood that part I was talking about something else. I will apply some edits and see if its better.

Comment

contrast is NOT fixable
      Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
      If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
      ——————————————————————————

Comment

Oh well, thank you. I suppose ill check these other few from the same day, are any of these photos contrasts' better? Or at least fixable? These are only cropped and resized and mildly centered, at the very least I need to sharpen them some. And then of course any other edits that you may recommend. Thank you again.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	N6218P_2resize.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	1177474Click image for larger version

Name:	N19710_2resize.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	1177475Click image for larger version

Name:	N6582R_2resize.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	608.3 KB
ID:	1177476Click image for larger version

Name:	N4923Kframe1_2resize.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	611.5 KB
ID:	1177477
        (On the first one, N6218P, it looks a bit unlevel, I just can't seem to decide because of the hilly runway behind.)

Comment

Originally posted by BluestreakAviation View Post
          Oh well, thank you. I suppose ill check these other few from the same day, are any of these photos contrasts' better? Or at least fixable? These are only cropped and resized and mildly centered, at the very least I need to sharpen them some. And then of course any other edits that you may recommend. Thank you again.
          You need to try on a different (non-cloudy) day and learn what 'backlighting/backlit' is so you know how to compose better. None of these would be acceptable nor could be made acceptable.

Comment

You need to try on a different (non-cloudy) day and learn what 'backlighting/backlit' is so you know how to compose better. None of these would be acceptable nor could be made acceptable.
            I see, thank you for the feedback. I took a long look through the forums and it looks like its backlit when its casting a shadow on its own tail. Or thats the main indicator for you guys. So because it was a very cloudy day, there was no strong sun and light source, and so the shadow is just everywhere on itself. Is any of that along the lines whats happening?

Comment

I see, thank you for the feedback. I took a long look through the forums and it looks like its backlit when its casting a shadow on its own tail. Or thats the main indicator for you guys. So because it was a very cloudy day, there was no strong sun and light source, and so the shadow is just everywhere on itself. Is any of that along the lines whats happening?
              Yes, or any instance where the background is much brighter than the subject/foreground.

Comment

Hello I'm back! I'd like to request some advice for this photo, I'm feeling pretty confident about it but I know I'm probably missing something, let me know!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	N615JSframe1_4sharpen.jpg Views:	0 Size:	659.4 KB ID:	1180418

Comment

A bit soft, also, what airport is that?
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

Comment

Hello I'm back! I'd like to request some advice for this photo, I'm feeling pretty confident about it but I know I'm probably missing something, let me know!
                    Dark, soft, borderline noise/compression.

Comment

Dark, soft, borderline noise/compression.
                      Alright, I have applied some more edits. I tried to use a tip you said somewhere else, about sharpening the image before you resize but I tried and it didn't have any effect for me, but I did sharpen this one more after the fact. Still let me know if you see problems, maybe I fixed the borderline compression?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	N615JSframe1_4final.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	673.3 KB
ID:	1180487

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                        A bit soft, also, what airport is that?
                        Warren County, i68 here in Ohio.

Comment

Alright, I have applied some more edits. I tried to use a tip you said somewhere else, about sharpening the image before you resize but I tried and it didn't have any effect for me, but I did sharpen this one more after the fact. Still let me know if you see problems, maybe I fixed the borderline compression?
                          Still soft, noisy/compressed sky.

Comment

Still soft, noisy/compressed sky.
                            Ok, I think I see what you're talking about now with the noise. Looking back through the edits it looks like its caused through the sharpening. So less sharpening, but how should I fix the softness then? Could you also point out what parts stand out to you as soft because I'm having a harder time seeing that to be honest. I'm also guessing the problems are arising from the resize and shrink of it, because it started as a 6192x4128 !

Comment

I think the original resolution is probably my issue because I have to compress it so much and I don't know how to do it well enough, or maybe it just can't. I'm looking at the other photos I've had accepted and they are like half the size of this.

Comment

Ok, I think I see what you're talking about now with the noise. Looking back through the edits it looks like its caused through the sharpening. So less sharpening, but how should I fix the softness then? Could you also point out what parts stand out to you as soft because I'm having a harder time seeing that to be honest. I'm also guessing the problems are arising from the resize and shrink of it, because it started as a 6192x4128 !
                                If the original is actually sharp, then probably only needs a better edit.

Comment

Working...
                                X