Prescreening request for YTWH789

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YTWH789 View Post
    How can I take better photos. I have a 7D Mark II with a 75-300 f/4-5.6 USM lens. This is how far away I am with no cropping:
    What are the camera settings you used for this photo? Is this with the lens focal range maxed out?

Comment

How can I take better photos. I have a 7D Mark II with a 75-300 f/4-5.6 USM lens. This is how far away I am with no cropping:
      Choose better location/timings so you be closer and not when heat haze is most present. Otherwise you'll always struggle with heat haze. Camera/lens has nothing to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

What are the camera settings you used for this photo? Is this with the lens focal range maxed out?
        Is that f-stop?

Comment

F stop was as low as it could go

Comment

Is that f-stop?
            No, it's how much you are actually utilizing the 300mm range of the camera. But Dana is right, there's no chance in this case. You were far to distant from the aircraft for the conditions.

Comment

Is that f-stop?
              F stop was as low as it could go
              Not criticising, but not knowing the difference between aperture and focal length + thinking having the f-stop 'as low as it could go' is necessarily a good thing tell me it might be worth it for you review/learn at least a few of the basics of photography if you want to help yourself out.

Comment

I used these settings: https://youtu.be/xFCdDVwGglo?t=907

Comment

I used these settings: https://youtu.be/xFCdDVwGglo?t=907
                  Again, rather than watching youtube just for what settings to use, maybe learn why and what those settings mean? And why those specific settings would actually be a bad idea for the type of photography you're trying to do (getting images to upload here)?

A wide open aperture at 300mm will lead to very soft images..as demonstrated with yours. Auto ISO will usually lead to very noisy images..as demonstrated with yours. For the kind of shots you're taking 1/2000 shutter speed is totally unnecessary..so basically all of those settings are wrong for the images you're trying to take.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Hi again, looking on some feedback for these 5 photos. I tried to pick a time with less heat haze but it's always hot on the gold coast
                      Attached Files

Comment

All have contrast/near backlight issues, 3 has also color issues
                        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Hi again, looking on some feedback for these 5 photos. I tried to pick a time with less heat haze but it's always hot on the gold coast
                          All soft/heat hazed and very harsh light. Not fixable.

Comment

Working...
                          X