Digital Manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Manipulation

Hi, my photo ID 11556424 was rejected for “Digital Manipulation”. I note that the JetPhotos guide includes a rejection category of “Manipulation” but not one of “Digital Manipulation”. However, for the purposes of my enquiry, I will assume they amount to one and the same.

When I was processing photo ID 11556424, I made some usual Lightroom adjustments to exposure, contrast and tones via the histogram etc. I also refined those tonal adjustments via the tone curve to enhance the overall contrast.

Is one of the Screeners able advise what I gave done wrong to warrant a “Digital Manipulation” rejection? To me that sounds like I have significantly altered the photo is a dishonest manner.

kind regards Dallas Presser

On your photo the nose gear is missing.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Leocam View Post
      Is one of the Screeners able advise what I gave done wrong to warrant a “Digital Manipulation” rejection? To me that sounds like I have significantly altered the photo is a dishonest manner.
      Well..sure. Want to explain what happened here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	646756_1706071267.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	557.6 KB
ID:	1181753

Because

I made some usual Lightroom adjustments to exposure, contrast and tones via the histogram etc. I also refined those tonal adjustments via the tone curve to enhance the overall contrast.

..is certainly not all you did, right?

Comment

I've inadvertently used the dust removal tool in a place I didn't mean to before. Not sure if that's what happened here, but I can see how it happened. I can't imagine anyone would intentionally remove the nose gear and then upload the photo.

Comment

Yes indeed, my mistake. When removing dust spots, I mistook the nose wheel as dust spot. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yes indeed, my mistake. When removing dust spots, I mistook the nose wheel as dust spot. Thanks for the advice.
            That's gotta be the funniest excuse (especially if true) that I've ever heard

Comment

Working...
            X