Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SINO1459 - Editing Advice

Hello everyone,

I would like to gather some pre-screening advice on editing before I submit these photos. The second one got rejected in previous screening but I didn't receive any rejection reasons, so please help me to identify the issues.

Thanks!

Edit: I also have a question about the rejections. Recently, I uploaded five photos to Jetphotos, and none of them passed the screening (They were rejected at the same time). I was expecting to receive reasons for rejection, but in the end, I only received an email saying they were removed from the queue. There are no rejection reasons in the email or on my JetPhotos Profile. In fact, I could not find these rejected photos on my profile after I received the rejection email. Although I only uploaded five photos, my current slot is -9 for some reason (which means I'm basically banned from uploading in the next few weeks). I want to know if rejection without reason is common on JetPhotos and if there is some kind of "penalty" for high rejection rate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C-FAXD-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.7 KB ID:	1181954
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C-GHQQ-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	432.0 KB ID:	1181955
    Click image for larger version  Name:	N97DK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	1181956
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C-FLAS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.3 KB ID:	1181957Click image for larger version  Name:	N483FX.jpg Views:	0 Size:	589.4 KB ID:	1181958

Originally posted by SINO1459 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to gather some advice on editing before I submit these photos. The second one got rejected in previous screening but I didn't receive any rejection reasons, so please help me to identify the issues.

Thanks!

Edit: I also have a question about the rejections. Recently, I uploaded five photos to Jetphotos, and none of them passed the screening (They were rejected at the same time). I was expecting to receive reasons for rejection, but in the end, I only received an email saying they were removed from the queue. There are no rejection reasons in the email or on my JetPhotos Profile. In fact, I could not find these rejected photos on my profile after I received the rejection email. Although I only uploaded five photos, my current slot is -9 for some reason (which means I'm basically banned from uploading in the next few weeks). I want to know if rejection without reason is common on JetPhotos and if there is some kind of "penalty" for high rejection rate.

Click image for larger version Name:	C-FAXD-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.7 KB ID:	1181954
    Click image for larger version Name:	C-GHQQ-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	432.0 KB ID:	1181955
    Click image for larger version Name:	N97DK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	1181956
    Click image for larger version Name:	C-FLAS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.3 KB ID:	1181957Click image for larger version Name:	N483FX.jpg Views:	0 Size:	589.4 KB ID:	1181958
    I've had this happen to me once before. Essentially it means all of your photos were below the standard and had multiple issues that may not be fixable.

Essentially with the queue they are ensuring you submit one or two photos at a time. I would heavily suggest before uploading. Put your photos here for pre-screening, figure out any issues and wether they are fixable and you should avoid the current issue your having

Some of more experienced guys or screeners here may have a bit more to say but that's my personal experience.

Comment

Thanks for the explain,

I would heavily suggest before uploading. Put your photos here for pre-screening, figure out any issues and wether they are fixable and you should avoid the current issue your having
      This is exactly what I'm planning to do. I'm new to this field and still have a long way to learn. I'm just confused when there are no rejection reasons, which could help me improve my photos in the future.

Comment

Looking from my phone, the 5th can be scrapped due to the weather. 2-4 all have too much dead space on the right of the frame. Crop then tighter and more evenly.

Lighting and contrast on 1-4 looks fine or at least can be made fine. Can't tell much more from a phone screen, re sharpening or blurriness, etc.

Comment

I would like to gather some pre-screening advice on editing before I submit these photos. The second one got rejected in previous screening but I didn't receive any rejection reasons, so please help me to identify the issues.

1. centering
          2. horizon, centering, borderline dark
          3-4. centering/too far
          5. centering/too far, horizon, contrast, color

Without more information, I can't tell you what happened to your rejected images.

Comment

Hello everyone, may i have some pre-screening advices on this photo? Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GVDP-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	584.1 KB
ID:	1186627
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone, may i have some pre-screening advices on this photo?
              Very light halo around the tail, otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Thank you for the advise. Could you please also pre-screen this one? I would like to upload this photo under the spotting location category.

The vehicle license plate has been blurred intentionally to meet the upload guidelines.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-EEO-1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	1187070

Comment

Thank you for the advise. Could you please also pre-screen this one? I would like to upload this photo under the spotting location category.
                  As long as you've double checked here, should be ok:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hello, I would like to hear some pre-screen advice on this one. This is probably N703CK's last flight but the weather is rainy.Click image for larger version

Name:	N703CK-1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	671.8 KB
ID:	1188505

Comment

Hello, I would like to hear some pre-screen advice on this one. This is probably N703CK's last flight but the weather is rainy.:
                      Very likely a contrast rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Very likely a contrast rejection.
                        Thank you! I will not upload it.

What about these five pics? I want the first one under spotting location, could you please pre-screen them?

Name:	C-GWSP-2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	641.5 KB
ID:	1188799Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GLWS.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	877.2 KB
ID:	1188800Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ANRN-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	529.7 KB
ID:	1188801Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ABVY.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	831.7 KB
ID:	1188802Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GHLM-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	1188803

Comment

What about these five pics? I want the first one under spotting location, could you please pre-screen them?
                          1. motive
                          2-3. ok for me
                          4. borderline color
                          5. dark

Comment

Just made a trip to my local airport, may i have some pre-screening on these four pictures? Thank you!

Name:	C-FFOV.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	718.9 KB
ID:	1189155Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GAUW.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	782.3 KB
ID:	1189156Click image for larger version

Name:	GUPI.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	978.3 KB
ID:	1189157Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GYZH-2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	814.9 KB
ID:	1189158

Comment

Just made a trip to my local airport, may i have some pre-screening on these four pictures?
                              2. overexposed
                              4. heat hazed, noisy

Otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X