Rejection Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Help

Hello jephotos! I have been a FR24 user for a long time, but many private aircraft in my area are not photographed! So I set out with my camera gear to a local airport. I took a ton of photos, and narrowed them down to ~10 good ones of different aircraft. Most of which have never been photographed! So I proceeded to edit them, not going crazy, just enhancing. Then I upload a few of them to jetphotos and every single one got rejected! No screeners comment! So I would like some help finding the issues.

​​​​​​ ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	666327_1707752585.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	581.9 KB
ID:	1182130

Link to photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11601313

This one got rejected for:
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    • Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots
    • ​​Bad Info
    I did notice I forgot to fill in the Serial #, so I did and submitted it again, and the rejection reasons were totally different this time! It was the same photo!
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    • Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    • Undersharpened (Soft)
    ​I am getting the impression the screeners didn't put much effort into my photos, IMO they are perfectly fine. You can see the aircraft perfectly, and it is perfectly sharp!
    Help is greatly appreciated!​​

Well, there are strong halos around the tail and wings, and the image IS soft and the cessna seems to be low in frame, also there seems to be a dust spot in the lower part of the frame.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4459.png
Views:	496
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	1182134Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4460.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	806.7 KB
ID:	1182135
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

I do not understand why the halos are bad, you don't even notice anything unless you use that dust spot mode.

I will eliminate the dust spot, but it won't be visible to the average viewer.

Comment

Halos are created by exessive use of highlights/shadows and other things during editing, depends on your editor. So dont use them, and you should be fine. I dont know if they reject halos for attention of detail, or if they dont want you to overprosses your image, probably both.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Garcia View Post
            Thank you for the reply!

I do not understand why the halos are bad, you don't even notice anything unless you use that dust spot mode.

I will eliminate the dust spot, but it won't be visible to the average viewer.
            I can pretty easily see the halo around the cabin and wings without equalization, FWIW. Also looks a bit low to me. But this is one of those situations where one screener likes to see the fuselage centered and another looks at the whole aircraft for center (tail and gear). You went for tail and gear centering, which sometimes works but I personally always use the fuselage to center.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
              You went for tail and gear centering, which sometimes works but I personally always use the fuselage to center.
              Yeah, has the best chance of acceptance

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

I can pretty easily see the halo around the cabin and wings without equalization, FWIW. Also looks a bit low to me. But this is one of those situations where one screener likes to see the fuselage centered and another looks at the whole aircraft for center (tail and gear). You went for tail and gear centering, which sometimes works but I personally always use the fuselage to center.
                Alright, thank you!

I will make sure to center the fuselage, and I'll try to do less contrast edits.

Comment

Halos as were said appear due to inappropriate use of shadows/highlights. If u need to fix contrast use either contrast or blacks/whites.

Regards,
                  Blueris.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I appreciate that you took your time to help me out

I have re-edited it (thanks Blueris for the tips) and the halos are reduced

Name:	procimages.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	1182236

Comment

hey not a screener but it looks like vignetting could be an issue and I also see some dust spots in the image on the left side.
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/371941

Comment

Thank you everyone. I appreciate that you took your time to help me out

I have re-edited it (thanks Blueris for the tips) and the halos are reduced

Name:	procimages.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	1182236
                        Vignette, also, could you show us the non equalized image

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

Vignette, also, could you show us the non equalized image
                          Sure thing Click image for larger version

Name:	659214_1707836265.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	1182265 I suppose there is a little bit of vignetting, but I am using a Sigma lens and the canon DPP4 software so there is no auto correction.

Comment

I suppose there is a little bit of vignetting, but I am using a Sigma lens and the canon DPP4 software so there is no auto correction.
                            Hi, image is quite soft and there is also the aforementioned vignetting visible. It would be rejected for those two things.

Comment

Working...
                            X