post screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post screening advice

New to the forum and to jet photos and I'm striking out. Here's my latest rejection based on:
    - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Dark / Underexposed
    - Subject too far / too much dead space
    - Too much or too little contrast​
    I attached the original and an edited image based on the feedback. Bad composition is due to my traditional approach of using, in part the rule of thirds, and leaving space to the right of the moving subject to imply movement. But now I get it....... jet photos wants the frame to be filled with the subject. Under exposure and contrast was a challenge due to the snow in the image. In reality, contrast was barely adjusted in the original image. nevertheless, I cropped, reduced dead space, neutralized contrast adjustments. So my question is, if I submitted the 2nd photo, would it have passed the screeners review? appreciate any feedback, Andy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Andrew Davis View Post
    New to the forum and to jet photos and I'm striking out. Here's my latest rejection based on:
    - Dark / Underexposed
    I attached the original and an edited image based on the feedback. Bad composition is due to my traditional approach of using, in part the rule of thirds, and leaving space to the right of the moving subject to imply movement. But now I get it....... jet photos wants the frame to be filled with the subject. Under exposure and contrast was a challenge due to the snow in the image. In reality, contrast was barely adjusted in the original image. nevertheless, I cropped, reduced dead space, neutralized contrast adjustments. So my question is, if I submitted the 2nd photo, would it have passed the screeners review? appreciate any feedback, Andy
    Hi,
    Contrast and overexposed. this one is not fixable due overcast conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Davis View Post
      - Dark / Underexposed
      Hi,

The new crop is better, but softness is more apparent, and there's not much you can do to fix the poor contrast with editing. This new version would have no chance of being accepted.

Any images taken in overcast conditions like this will be very difficult to get accepted.

Comment

Working...
      X