photo sizing without losing quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo sizing without losing quality

what I find very annoying which I haven't been able to get around is the fact the image width cant be higher than 1080 pixles which makes it very hard to upload photos and when you try to resize them to meet the requirement it makes the image blury and its no good to upload

if anyone knows a way around this that would be amazing!

Originally posted by LachlanR View Post
    what I find very annoying which I haven't been able to get around is the fact the image width cant be higher than 1080 pixles which makes it very hard to upload photos and when you try to resize them to meet the requirement it makes the image blury and its no good to upload

photos are judged based of the quality there uploaded in which in your case is 1080 on the short side so don’t worry if the photos appear softer or has less quality all photos in the data base are the same size with the exception of people who can upload in 1920px.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/371941

Comment

The maximum upload width is 1280px, so it's not as bad as you think. Take photos at your camera's maximum resolution and then export them at maximum quality with a width of 1280px. If you are using proper photo editing software, downsizing will actually increases sharpness and help hide issues that are more apparent at larger resolutions.

Comment

A great deal depends on the starting size of the image. If you are starting with a size less than 1080 pixels, then that is more than likely too small and not worth editing. Increasing size will lose quality for sure, but reducing size say from a 4000px image down to 1080px will only increase quality. You don't say what you are starting with. If you are limiting the size in your camera, then you are going to be fighting an uphill battle to start with. Give a little more info, or post a couple of your raw images to start with, that will give a lot better idea of what you are dealing with.

Comment

Downsizing photos does not make them blurry. People ask this question a lot, but reducing the size will not lessen the quality.

Comment

Working...
          X