hugolam (Rejection enquiry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hugolam (Rejection enquiry)

Have been getting a lot more contrast rejections than usual lately and I'd like to understand why. The photo attached below was rejected for soft and contrast. I don't think it's that soft, but this is subjective and I can accept that. But the contrast rejection just confuses me, as there is clearly sufficient lighting on the aircraft. If any screener could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hugolam View Post
    Have been getting a lot more contrast rejections than usual lately and I'd like to understand why. The photo attached below was rejected for soft and contrast. I don't think it's that soft, but this is subjective and I can accept that. But the contrast rejection just confuses me, as there is clearly sufficient lighting on the aircraft. If any screener could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
    It is necessary to understand that JP prefers more strong contrast photos. It's not quite that, but I'm simplifying you to understand. So what would it cost for a little more contrast in this photo?

Comment

A little soft, but not terribly so. Noticeable especially towards the tail. Contrast is a little weak. Should be fixable.

Comment

Having some issues lately with getting these rectangular shaped things and halos under the dust scan and I don't know what they are. Initially thought it was an editing issue but they appear in un-edited images as well. So seems like it's a camera issue, anyone know what the cause is and how to fix it ? I've attached an example below as reference

Attached Files

Comment

Having some issues lately with getting these rectangular shaped things and halos under the dust scan and I don't know what they are. Initially thought it was an editing issue but they appear in un-edited images as well. So seems like it's a camera issue, anyone know what the cause is and how to fix it ? I've attached an example below as reference
          Interesting effect. Probably related to highlight reductions, so check s/h tool, clarity, dehaze, etc.

Comment

Hi Dana, unfortunately this effect is present without me doing any editing. Any ideas of the cause if not caused by editing?

Comment

Hi Dana, unfortunately this effect is present without me doing any editing. Any ideas of the cause if not caused by editing?
              This is definitely software editing, if not from you, then in-camera. I assume you're shooting jpegs and not RAW?

Comment

This is RAW +JPEG. I'm still a novice to photography, so would you recommend shooting RAW only? And if so, do you think this will solve the issue as discussed above ?

Comment

I experienced it too. (Canon EOS R6 Mk II + RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM+1.4x)
                  The image quality is not high enough to upload to JP, but for reference.

When I checked the original image, it did not appear when shooting with jpeg,
                  but it seems that it sometimes appears when editing lens correction (peripheral illumination, etc.) when shooting RAW. 

jpeg,

The vignetting is severe.

Edit with RAW shooting

Please try to reference.

Comment

This is RAW +JPEG.
                    Ok..but which of those two is the above image from?

I'm still a novice to photography, so would you recommend shooting RAW only? And if so, do you think this will solve the issue as discussed above ?
                    I'd recommend you learn the difference between the two (or more) options so you can decide which best fits your needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X