Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Ryan,
    Try bringing the levels up a little bit, otherwise it may be rejected as underexposed, just use the right side of the histo. Also, I think the white balance might be slightly off, the sky looks too pinkish.

Thanks Micheal, but it was really that dark and there was some smoke in the air giving it that pink hue. Would it be a instant reject or would there be some opportunity for it like it is? I will do a new edit with the suggestions you posted though just to be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by michael wolf View Post
      erez,
      hans is correct, the horizon is off, use the fence or the pole on the left for leveling. The runway would be aligned with the horizon in very few situations because of perspective and runway sloping, if there are distinct vertical elements in the photo - always use them to level the photo.
      It is also a bit soft and overexposed. But if you correct the horizon and the softness it has some chance.
      Thank you Michael for the reply,

Yes, of course, I know that the horizon is off.
      This photo is not edited at all, I just brought it as an example, to ask how and by what a "object" should align the photos from this place.

Best regards,
      Erez.
      Last edited by Guest; 2011-08-01, 05:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
        Thanks Micheal, but it was really that dark and there was some smoke in the air giving it that pink hue. Would it be a instant reject or would there be some opportunity for it like it is? I will do a new edit with the suggestions you posted though just to be safe.
        Ryan, it is merely a lack of proper editing that has nothing to do with how dark it was. Trained eyes of the screeners can tell that without looking at the histo, so I suggest doing a new edit.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
          Thank you Michael for the reply,

Yes, of course, I know that the horizon is off.
          This photo is not edited at all, I just brought it as an example, to ask how and by what a "object" should align the photos from this place.

Best regards,
          Erez.
          My bad, didn't read your whole post and went straight to the photo. Like I said, when there is any distinct vertical features on the photo (i.e. fences, poles, buildings), always use them to level it.

Comment

Ryan, it is merely a lack of proper editing that has nothing to do with how dark it was. Trained eyes of the screeners can tell that without looking at the histo, so I suggest doing a new edit.

Cheers
            I will do the new edit Micheal, but please understand it was not the result of a "lack of proper editing". The sun had been down for awhile and like I said there were a few fires so it gave a pink cast to the sunset. I don't mind re-editing but please don't imply I did not edit it correctly, it may not have been edited 100% properly for JP but it wasn't like I just tossed it together.

Sorry if I misunderstood the tone of the post, it has just been a long day so I may have read more into it than I should. No big deal though, it helps so thanks for the honesty!

Comment

My bad, didn't read your whole post and went straight to the photo. Like I said, when there is any distinct vertical features on the photo (i.e. fences, poles, buildings), always use them to level it.
              Ok, Thanks again Michael.
              I'm very appreciate the time that you spend here to help us.

With kind regards,
              Erez.
              Last edited by Guest; 2011-08-01, 07:27.

Comment

I will do the new edit Micheal, but please understand it was not the result of a "lack of proper editing". The sun had been down for awhile and like I said there were a few fires so it gave a pink cast to the sunset. I don't mind re-editing but please don't imply I did not edit it correctly, it may not have been edited 100% properly for JP but it wasn't like I just tossed it together.

Sorry if I misunderstood the tone of the post, it has just been a long day so I may have read more into it than I should. No big deal though, it helps so thanks for the honesty!
                I didn't mean to be harsh, sorry. I was mostly talking about the underexposure issue, there is a large gap on the right side of the histogram which should always be corrected when editing, otherwise the image looks underexposed to the trained eye and will get a rejection. It doesn't really depend on the shooting conditions, you can easily get that gap when shooting in the bright daylight too.

Dragging the right slider to the right edge of the highlights should do all the difference needed.

Cheers

Comment

André,
                  Nice shots, all of them look good to me!
                  Thanks Michael! I'll upload them in the queue.

Comment

I didn't mean to be harsh, sorry. I was mostly talking about the underexposure issue, there is a large gap on the right side of the histogram which should always be corrected when editing, otherwise the image looks underexposed to the trained eye and will get a rejection. It doesn't really depend on the shooting conditions, you can easily get that gap when shooting in the bright daylight too.

Dragging the right slider to the right edge of the highlights should do all the difference needed.

Cheers
                    No problem Michael, I will work on a new edit and see how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

• I think I got the levels sorted out, though I did leave a tiny amount of room so the sky doesn't blow-out. Is the pink still too strong also? I wanted to leave a bit of it since there was some like I said due to the smoke.

Comment

Hans,
                        The nose is slightly blurry but I think it has a chance.
                        Thanks Michael I'll sharpen it up a bit and submit to the queue.

flickr

Comment

• Can I have your thought on this edit.

Comment

• Nice Photos Jason, put them up. Also nice DC-7 in the background

Comment

I think I got the levels sorted out, though I did leave a tiny amount of room so the sky doesn't blow-out. Is the pink still too strong also? I wanted to leave a bit of it since there was some like I said due to the smoke.
                              http://machimages.com/temp/JP.net/N9...aines-TWLT.jpg
                              Yes, it looks good now Ryan.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, it looks good now Ryan.

Cheers
                                Thanks for the help Michael, it is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X