Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning campers, would either of these be worth using bandwidth

Thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by burnsy133; 2012-03-11, 12:29. Reason: url added

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      Rob, the aircraft in your photo is a bit too low in the frame, and there is dust sopt top left.
      Thanks LX-A343, is this any better and would it now stand a chance

Thanks as always

Comment

• Hi ya,
        Does this look ok?
        It was taken around a hour before sunset would you say "night shot" or not?
        Regards
        René

Comment

• Hello Screeners

First I say thanks, MarkLawrence, for your help.
          This image was accepted today.

G-STRX. Boeing 757-28A. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Now I get the following question
          The following picture was rejected, horizon unlevel.
          Is this perfect?
          Click here for picture

Thank you for help.
          Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com
          Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

Comment

• Hello screeners,
            I don't have much experience with close-ups and I was wondering if this shot would have a chance:

Also, I'd like to say thank you for your work and helping me become a better photographer. I'm very pleased with my recent rejection ratio and I think it's to a large part due to the support I got here

Comment

• Originally posted by Taliesin View Post
              Hello screeners,
              I don't have much experience with close-ups and I was wondering if this shot would have a chance:

Also, I'd like to say thank you for your work and helping me become a better photographer. I'm very pleased with my recent rejection ratio and I think it's to a large part due to the support I got here
              Hey Taliesin Try and adjust your curves similar to what I have done. Add about +10 contrast after tweaking curves
              Last edited by hdgrubb; 2012-11-24, 02:29.

flickr

Comment

• A49-047 reject

Hi,

Got rejected on this shot for a few things which I think I have fixed (contrast and too soft) but also got rejected for invalid hot. I question this as the aircraft is first of type for the RAN and 2nd of type in the country. Can I have your thoughts on this please and if it looks ok now after other fixes.

Cheers,
                Pete.

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                  Good evening jet junkies
                  I was wondering; would my currently accepted shot of G-VIIE be worth replacing with an updated edit?

Taxiing to gate at dusk.. G-VIIE. Boeing 777-236(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

As always, thank you!
                  I don't screen reuploads, but yeah I like the new version better.

Originally posted by coke View Post
                  Please take a look at these for me.

That first VW F-18 has been giving me lots of trouble for sharpening...

Thanks, Jerry
                  How did you sharpen them? The sky shows quite a bit of noise, which can be avoided by deselecting the sky when sharpening. They could do with a bit more contrast as well.

Originally posted by KrisV View Post
                  Sorry about that Brian. Will keep to 5 and under now.

How are these?
                  The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krisavi...n/photostream/
                  Great shots from probably one of the most epic aviation photography spots in the world! The Air China Cargo is a little dark though, the histogram indicates a lack of highlights. The Cathay Cargo needs more saturation and possibly a bit of noise reduction.

The Pilatus looks overexposed. The Air India looks like it has a green cast to it. The Lufthansa looks ok.

Originally posted by burnsy133 View Post
                  Thanks LX-A343, is this any better and would it now stand a chance

Thanks as always
                  It looks fine.

Originally posted by rmk2112 View Post
                  Hi ya,
                  Does this look ok?
                  It was taken around a hour before sunset would you say "night shot" or not?
                  Regards
                  René
                  I'm afraid it looks overprocessed. The noise reduction has washed out the detail.

Originally posted by Roland74 View Post
                  Hello Screeners

First I say thanks, MarkLawrence, for your help.
                  This image was accepted today.

G-STRX. Boeing 757-28A. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Now I get the following question
                  The following picture was rejected, horizon unlevel.
                  Is this perfect?
                  Click here for picture

Thank you for help.
                  It looks level, but a bit soft as well.

Originally posted by Peter Miller View Post
                  Hi,

Got rejected on this shot for a few things which I think I have fixed (contrast and too soft) but also got rejected for invalid hot. I question this as the aircraft is first of type for the RAN and 2nd of type in the country. Can I have your thoughts on this please and if it looks ok now after other fixes.

Cheers,
                  Pete.
                  It does look fine, however I can't comment on it possibly qualifying for hot upload. Any other Crew comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Miller View Post
                    Hi,

Cheers,
                    Pete.
                    The image looks OK to me.

As for HOT ? ...... Hmmmm, no, not really. HOT is generally reserved for an item of international interest which tends to make it a picture of an airliner.... or an international incident. A classic example of that was the pair of Libyan Mirages whose pilots defected to Malta during the Libyan conflict. That event made the international media and, as such, images in the first 48 hrs were accepted as hot.
                    A military aircraft might be accepted as hot if it was appearing at an international airshow where it does something newsworthy but other than that they tend not to qualify.
                    We get the same problem with a "First Cherokee Arrow for the Backstreet Flying Club" type image. Apart from the club members no-one else is really that interested !

EDIT.... A Google search for the RAN Bell 429 only shows internet interest on Australian websites when it comes to general media coverage. I don't include the specific aviation websites here as they are enthusiast specific.
                    Last edited by brianw999; 2012-03-13, 10:24.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• I thought it would be as the RAN I think are getting rid of their KIOWA 206 helicopters and replacing with these, I think it is the stepping stone for the Australian government's AIR9000 program, it will be big news here in Australia.

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      The image looks OK to me.

As for HOT ? ...... Hmmmm, no, not really. HOT is generally reserved for an item of international interest which tends to make it a picture of an airliner.... or an international incident. A classic example of that was the pair of Libyan Mirages whose pilots defected to Malta during the Libyan conflict. That event made the international media and, as such, images in the first 48 hrs were accepted as hot.
                      A military aircraft might be accepted as hot if it was appearing at an international airshow where it does something newsworthy but other than that they tend not to qualify.
                      We get the same problem with a "First Cherokee Arrow for the Backstreet Flying Club" type image. Apart from the club members no-one else is really that interested !

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Miller View Post
                        I thought it would be as the RAN I think are getting rid of their KIOWA 206 helicopters and replacing with these, I think it is the stepping stone for the Australian government's AIR9000 program, it will be big news here in Australia.
                        I understand your point of view Peter and I'm sure you find it irritating how HOT is dealt with but your last 5 words ..."big news here in Australia" sums it up. It's a national interest point but not an international interest.

The upload guidelines specifically mention airlines as here....

2.5 Hot Photo

Only to be used for brand new paint schemes, new aircraft type for a particular airline or news worthy images. If you are unsure as to whether your image is Hot, please ask in the forum.
                        Thanks by the way for participating sensibly in this forum.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by magic48 View Post
                          I'm afraid it looks overprocessed. The noise reduction has washed out the detail.
                          thanks for the reply
                          Regards
                          René

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                            Hey Taliesin Try and adjust your curves similar to what I have done. Add about +10 contrast after tweaking curves
                            Thanks for the tips, it really does look better

Comment

• magic48

Thank you very much for taking the time out to respond to me.

Rob

Comment

• Screeners around the world

Is this photo OK or is it subject to my favourite error:BACKLIT

Thank you and regards

Comment

Working...
                                X