Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Pamela,

How about this time?

Comment

• Any chance for this shot or does heat haze kill its chances?

Comment

• Matt, the Singi is Ok, the FX is on the verge of becoming underexposed but you can try it, the Quantas ... errr ... Qantas of course is a tad underexposed. Other than that, marvellous photos!

Cheers
        Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Ryan, in my eyes the heat haze kills the photo. As the subjects are so far, the heat haze is more obvious and distracting.
          Last edited by LX-A343; 2013-05-09, 10:42. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Thanks Gerardo,

I've adjusted the two you mentioned so I'll submit them and see how we go, first upload in quite some time.

Matt

Comment

• Fingers crossed then, Matt!

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                Ryan, in my eyes the heat haze kills the photo. As the subjects are so far, the heat haze is more obvious and distracting.
                Thanks Gerardo, that's what I was thinking as well but just wanted a second opinion.

Comment

• Another version of this was rejected for blurry - I have edited another in the set and wanted to make sure the same blurry didn't reappear - I don't think I see anything, but just wanted to check - and - yes - it will be flagged as a night shot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                    ..I don't think I see anything, but just wanted to check ..
                    The other edit was rejected for the blurry front part of the a/c. Unfortunately this new edit has the same problem.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Originally posted by fokker1001 View Post
                      Hello. are this photos ok?

[ATTACH]5341[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5342[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5344[/ATTACH]

Thank you.
                      Thank you.

Comment

• not too sure??

Hey everyone, just spent a quick 36 hours in LA last weekend and they were utilizing the reverse pattern up until 11:30am this day and wasnt sure about this one so of course I'd like to get some feedback from the screeners, thanks in advance.

Cody

Comment

• Hi, I would like to upload this picture for the sentimental value of it. That's my 4 year old daughter jumping thinking she could touch the 737. Basically the question is if the motive is valid? Possibly as spotting location? I hope it has a chance, it's to date my favourite picture ever

best rgds,

Alberto

Comment

• Originally posted by codycpelka View Post
                            Hey everyone, just spent a quick 36 hours in LA last weekend and they were utilizing the reverse pattern up until 11:30am this day and wasnt sure about this one so of course I'd like to get some feedback from the screeners, thanks in advance.

Cody

http://i44.tinypic.com/1o4l6v.jpg
                            Hi Cody, The pic appears to be soft and distorted by heat haze. Compression also seems to be an issue, but that's probably tinypics fault.

Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
                            Hi, I would like to upload this picture for the sentimental value of it. That's my 4 year old daughter jumping thinking she could touch the 737. Basically the question is if the motive is valid? Possibly as spotting location? I hope it has a chance, it's to date my favourite picture ever

best rgds,

Alberto
                            Hello Sir, It is certainly a nice sentimental photo--one to hang onto when your daughter is older! But, I'm afraid the motive would for sure lead to rejection. There just isn't enough 'area' in the frame to call it a spotters location. Maybe another screener can confirm this. It's also severely compressed...but it could be the fault of photobucket

Originally posted by fokker1001 View Post
                            Thank you.
                            Ahoy fokker, All 4 photos look good to me. Please use the correct categories when uploading

Good night everyone

flickr

Comment

• Hey all,

just got two more I'd like to run by you guys as a follow on from the help I got further up the page.
                              I feel I'm struggling with contrast still, I feel as though these ones I may have gone overboard with the contrast. Any tips on approaching contrast would be great, I've tried just using the slider in Lightroom and also creating the S curve in photoshop but I can't settle on which method is better to use to get consistent results.

thanks again,

Matt

Comment

• Welcome back Matt. Good to see you taking up the hobby again. I guess you have moved back to the city from Orange?

As for the Etihad, that looks ok to me, however needs some cw rotation.
                                Qantas OEH is over sharpened. Personally I think the photos look better with the winglets in the image and not cut off like you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X