Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

• Trying to combine astro photography with aviation photography, here we have an airliner (unknown type/airline) passing through the constellation Canis Major. The bright star is Sirius.

I figured the fact that the contrail is visable might get some browny points?...

Comment

• SAS Airbus A340 ..

Too many obstructing objects ??
        Tail all the way to the engines are covered by the "Blast" Fence?, I couldnt avoid the truck and that thing blocking the nosegears.

Is this tug blocking it enough to get it rejected or is it database Okey? Also a little noisy maybe ????

Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-04-11, 03:24.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• @MaxPower: in my opinion, on both photos, there's too much clutter. The second photo is also too noisy

@James: ID 890804 looks good, ID 891860 looks soft and blurry and ID 890818 looks noisy and unlevel.

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Gerardo, Could you take a look at any/all of those?

Comment

• So I'm guessing the astrophotography is a negative then?

Comment

• I personally think it can not be accepted, but it is so unique that I have to ask. The real upload would be probably edited.

Comment

• Here they go

@Eric: I'm still waiting for Starship Enterprise to flying from left to right .... Seriously: bad motive is the best I can offer.

@Dylan: the photo doesn't meet the quality standards. It looks soft and noisy. I doubt, it can be brought up to par.

@A.M.
                  http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...000493edit.jpg : looks rather soft and lacks contrast apart from looking unlevel.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...000494edit.jpg : looks again soft and noisy. Also it seems unlevel and the nose is cut off.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...000496edit.jpg : is a "no go" for me. I don't really see, what you try to show. On one hand you only show the top of the tower, but then again, this close up is too far. Technically, in my opinion it lacks contrast, is too soft and noisy.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...000499edit.jpg : not really an appealing angle. Has chances of beeing rejected for that.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...000502edit.jpg : Can't really judge, as it is too small.

@Stefan: next time zoom loser to the bird .... Seriously: on one hand it's cluttered, but so .... "unplanned" (lacking another expression), that it looks rather acceptable. I'd say, give it a chance, after a re-edit

Gerardo

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343

@Eric: I'm still waiting for Starship Enterprise to flying from left to right .... Seriously: bad motive is the best I can offer.
                    Fair enough, maybe I'll try again tonight to get the aircraft alot more full-frame and hopefully with this full moon maybe light up the contrail a little more.

Comment

• Thanks Gerard. 0 .

I 'll dump these. I can see that the second one now is very noisy. Thanks for the prescreen.
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• Does this stand a chance considering the undercarriage gear has clutter of fence in front?
                        seen similar shots that have fence obstructing part of the motive be accepted.
                        Last edited by QFA747; 2006-04-11, 22:47. Reason: update
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                          Fair enough, maybe I'll try again tonight to get the aircraft alot more full-frame and hopefully with this full moon maybe light up the contrail a little more.
                          Aircraft more in frame (check)
                          Aircraft contrail better lit by moon (check)
                          Bottle of pinstripe (Irrelevant to photo but still good beer) (check)

Results:

400mm ISO 3200 f/5.6 1/15th and pushed up 2 stops in image processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxPower
                            Thanks Gerard. 0 .
                            That's probably the weirdest version of my name I have seen so far ...

@Eric: still a bad motive, the contrails are hardly visible. At least you seem to have had a good beer

@Mark: Actually I like the shot, as it shows a whole scene of aviation photographers in action. I would upload it ... and wait for a kind enough screener to add it I think it has good chances.

Cheers
                            Gerardo

Comment

• alright fellas, my first attempt at dusk photos.

same pic just different crops. The one with the a/c low in the frame is a crop of the org and the 2nd is obviously a more zoomed in crop.

I like the first one was to show the aircraft climbling into the lovely sky, the 2nd one trys to go for a more conventional crop but I think it adds a lot of noise.

looking forward to the screeners advice

Last edited by Manc; 2006-04-12, 07:50.
                              2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Working...
                              X