Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gerardo.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

• Ian:

1st one doesnt really work for me. There isnt anything else in the photo to warrent getting the aircraft so low in the photo. If, however the sun was sinking above and to the righ of the plane for example, this could work. At present it just doesnt really do it for me im afraid.

2nd looks very soft to me. As im sure you are aware, if you sharpen it the noise levels will start to become much more apparent to. A tricky one...

Comment

• yeah fair comments Dan, I'd come to the same conclusions really regarding no sun just the colour of the sky. as for 2 I agree just wanted to show how bad the closer cropped image looks.
        cheers for you opinions!
        2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

• Ahoy there!

Just got this shot of a chopper that just landed by my house.
          Is this crop ok or is it better to have the crop upto the nose?

Many thanks
          Regards,
          Jonathan Hartle

Comment

• Crop looks fine to me, shame about the typical English weather. Had to take my sunglasses off for a closer look on this one. Can't knock the ausi weather

Comment

• tried a new angle on this. Is it ok?

Comment

• Looks okey too me

Soren
                Regards
                Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

• Hi there,

I was wondering if these pictures are worth DB space or not

Cyprus A320
                  KLM 772 (1)
                  Martinair MD-11F
                  KLM 772 (2)

I would love to hear what experienced people think about them

Comment

• Hello there,

Not to bother you people, but would be better to delete some of the old post, 'cause this one has 7 pages. I don't know...if the moderator could clean this a little bit

BTW what do you think about

I know you may say yes backlit, but today was this thing about equinox in here, and there was no lateral shadow (the sun rays came perpendiculary to the Intertropical Zone...)

Artistic one, though

Comment

• Andres,

the first one does look backlit yes. And the top of the fuselage is overexposed. Does not stand a good chance of being accepted.

The second one. Give it a try if you get it level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadower
                        Hi there,

I was wondering if these pictures are worth DB space or not

Cyprus A320
                        KLM 772 (1)
                        Martinair MD-11F
                        KLM 772 (2)

I would love to hear what experienced people think about them
                        All seem a bit noisy to me and would need more editing. The second 777 however is a nice pic, but will be hard to bring up to standard.

Comment

• Thanks for the comments Seahawk, I gave them a little neatimage noise reduction and I hope it did the trick. (if anyone has a better way to get rid of noise, please tell because I'm getting tired of neatimage)

Cyprus A320
                          KLM 772 (1)
                          Martinair MD-11F
                          KLM 772 (2)

I've been wresteling with the second 777 for some time now, but it is indeed hard to get it right

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadower
                            Thanks for the comments Seahawk, I gave them a little neatimage noise reduction and I hope it did the trick. (if anyone has a better way to get rid of noise, please tell because I'm getting tired of neatimage)

Cyprus A320
                            KLM 772 (1)
                            Martinair MD-11F
                            KLM 772 (2)

I've been wresteling with the second 777 for some time now, but it is indeed hard to get it right
                            Hi,
                            I'm sorry but I still think that the noise may be a problem here, especially on the 1st 777. And all the pics have a soft look which you may improve by giving them a touch of USM with PS. I would keep the MD-11 for the personnal collection, I don't think there's much you can do there.
                            About the 2nd 777, I've spend a few evenings at that spot in AMS. You should really try to avoid to get the little bushes in the frame. It's possible if you try to plan your shots a bit in advance. I like the colours but the reflections aren't the best...

Cheers
                            Omar

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
                              Hi,
                              I'm sorry but I still think that the noise may be a problem here, especially on the 1st 777. And all the pics have a soft look which you may improve by giving them a touch of USM with PS. I would keep the MD-11 for the personal collection; I don't think there's much you can do there.
                              About the 2nd 777, I've spend a few evenings at that spot in AMS. You should really try to avoid getting the little bushes in the frame. It's possible if you try to plan your shots a bit in advance. I like the colours but the reflections aren't the best...

Cheers
                              Omar
                              Thanks Omar,
                              I edited the Cyprus A320 again with more USM and this is what I got, I think (or hope) it has improved.
                              The 2nd 777 shot was made while I was walking back to my car, saw the T7 come in and snapped a quick shot Shame the quality is so low because I really liked it. If someone wants to take a stab at it, here is the original raw picture
                              I don't quite understand what you mean with "the reflections aren't the best", could you please explain?

Thanks for the help so far, appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X