Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want another opinion on this one. It's just a shot you can't pass up. I might give it another go sometime tomorrow after I get some more sleep.
    Thanks.

Comment

• How bad of a motive rejection would this get, any chance at all for it?

Front Curtain Flash, then zoomed during the exposure.

Comment

• Hello, is this one acceptable?

I did that crop so the little contrails could be visible. Is there a way to improve it?
        Last edited by CRBM666; 2007-10-15, 14:03.

Comment

• Ryan: Looks alittle compressed and the heat distortion / softness seems to be covering the gear struts ect somewhat.

Ben: Interesting shot technicaly, but motive wise im not sure its really acceptable for the Database.

The Atlas 74F is neat, a tad low in the frame and could use a tighter crop but apart from that its pretty cool as it stands.

Comment

• Worthy of upload?

You are looking inside the right wing of the Hughes "Spruce Goose". The green tank on the left is a 300 gallon feeder fuel tank (the rest of the fuel tanks are in the belly of the airplane). You can clearly see some of the wing ribs and the engine mount structure for engines 5 and 6. Along the right is part of the spar with the hydraulic, oil, fuel lines and electrical wires attached.

Is this worthy of upload or is the motive too bad.

Thanks for the input.
            My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

• it's a rare subject indeed but it would most probably get a motive rejection...
              Best regards
              Alex

Comment

• Sadly have to agree with Alex.

Comment

• 2 shots from DUS

Hi guys,

just wanted to know if these two shots are worth to be uploaded. Or can i safe uploadslots...?

Cheers,
                  Philipp

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Planepictures.net
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Airliners.net

Comment

• Hi guys,

I have received rejection from my following photo due to bad composition as well: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1626904

Apart from darkness and the contracts, can I ask why I got bad composition rejection and how I can resolve that?

Thanks and regards,
                    Mehdi.

Comment

• also this one:http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1626895

Comment

• Originally posted by phtr88
                        Hi guys,

just wanted to know if these two shots are worth to be uploaded. Or can i safe uploadslots...?

Cheers,
                        Philipp
                        Phillip, the first photo has a bad horizon which could be fixed (rotating a bit CW) if you have enough space left on both side so you won't cut off aircraft parts, but I'm afraid the blurry tail can't be recovered by any editing, perhaps it's not that visible at 1024px, but I honestly doubt that.

The second photo has too much noise and (heat) distortion. The tail is blurry as well.

On both shots it seems like there was just not enough light, otherwise you have to reduce your shutter time in another way.

Simon
                        Simon De Rudder
                        JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

• Originally posted by mnazarinia
                          Apart from darkness and the contracts, can I ask why I got bad composition rejection and how I can resolve that?

Thanks and regards,
                          Mehdi.
                          Mehdi, As I told you earlier in this thread, try to get the windows of the aircraft in the center of your photo, in that way the fuselage and the rest of the aircraft look the most balanced, and will be rejected otherwise. In the next samples I marked the center of your photos (excluding the copyright and jetphotos.net bar)

In the next sample you'll see the windows are far from centered:

On the second photo you can see that the upper half of your shot doesn't contain anything than sky, and makes the shot look very unbalanced. We'd rather saw more platform on the lower edge.

Apart from the reasons mentioned, I'd also say the photo is too backlit to be accepted.

Simon
                          Simon De Rudder

Comment

• Hi Simon,

That was fantastic, thank you very much for your kind and detail response. I do appreciate your time.
                            Regarding the second shot, as this was taken from observation deck, if I want to show more of platform the balcony will be visible, which I suspect I would then get obstruction rejection, is that right?

Thanks and regards,
                            Mehdi.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnazarinia
                              I suspect I would then get obstruction rejection, is that right?
                              Considering that and the backlit issue, I fear that this photo is one for your personal collection, or http://www.jetphotos.net/palbum/
                              Simon De Rudder

Comment

• Any good? Or not worth my time?

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X