Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX-A343

This is exactly why I appreciate the advice you guys provide.

I'll start over again on each reject and see if I can improve them. I don't think I uses the highlight/shadow feature within PS on these - did previously and found too many issues - but a redo should eliminate the issues.

Thanks again

Comment

• Hi all, I had this pic rejected for soft but I think it's not so bad.....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2546067

Appealable or back to editing?

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Going on further from Brenden's comments. Bangalore seems to suffer from pollution haze rather than just heat haze. Heat haze can't be cured but pollution, to a certain degree can be addressed.
        I took your GoAir image as an example, mainly because light blue has to be the worst colour to be affected by pollution haze ever ! This is because the haze itself tends to be a blue/grey.
        For your image I added +30 of contrast(Image....adjustments....brightness/contrast)
        and also 3 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0. Here's the result in the middle strip....
        It may well have accepted more contrast.
        Thanks Brian and Brendan.

Since it is near impossible to select just the aircraft in these shots, would the below workflow suit better ?

Image >> Adjust >> Brightness/Contrast (expand the histogram).
        Ctrl + L >> Clip the levels
        Ctrl + M >> Adjust midtones
        Ctrl + U >> adjust saturation
        USM 50 0.2 0

Just FYI, there are villages in the background (hidden by all the trees) and in the mornings, they prepare their meals with firewood. Also there is a rather large lake to the north-east of the airport (to the right in the photo). Coupled with all the trees and agriculture, in the mornings there is a hazy dew. By the time the sun burns away the pollution and humidity haze, the heat haze sets in

Unfortunately Bangalore is bad place for spotting with the exception of 3~4 months in the year.

Your help gives hope for the balance months

Thanks once again.

Comment

• Weird, the far left of the photo, say from the bizjet cockpit to the left, is soft, I'd even say out of focus. The prop behind is also soft, probably due to DOF.

Try cropping a bit away on the left, perhaps right behind the cockpit windows. Then add a wee bit of sharpening, preferrably using selective sharpening to avoid oversharpened cheat lines and see what happens.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• LX-A343

I have rehashed two of the photos you helped me out with last night

Appreciate if you could look at the changed photos to see if they meet the standard now. I have also included the rejected photo links so you can make a comparison. I'm still not sure that I have been able to fix the halo effect around the tail of the SQ A380........

Thanks in advance.

New Atlas Air - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2556487
            Prev Reject - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2546556

New SQ A380 - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2556630
            Prev Reject - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2546595

Comment

• Lee,

Atlas Air: I personally would have made it a tad brighter, but leave it in the queue

Singi: far better now, even if I'm not on my home monitor.

Comment

• LX-A343,

Thanks again for your advice. Again, always much appreciated.

Lee

Comment

• Here is another one of my "too much/too little contrast" rejections:

Can anyone tell me if its too much OR too little contrast, and how to fix it? I really wish someone would change this rejection category so it specifies if the photo has too much contrast OR too little.
                  www.TarmacPhotos.com

Comment

• There is almost no difference between fuselage and sky, it lacks contrast.

Comment

• Hi,

I got the following image rejected:

What I cannot see is the unlevel horizon (the area has a slope in reality)!?
                      In which category should I place this picture? Should I put in in "Airport overview"?

Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas2 View Post
                        Hi,

I got the following image rejected:

What I cannot see is the unlevel horizon (the area has a slope in reality)!?
                        In which category should I place this picture? Should I put in in "Airport overview"?

Thomas
                        Hi Thomas,

The picture is indeed a bit hard to level because of the slope. Best way to do this, is using a line in the center of the picture which is known to be vertical. If you have a hard time leveling, make a remark in the comments to screeners box when you upload the picture and explain how you leveled the picture.

The aircraft on the right needs the special scheme category to be ticked. That's why the categories rejection.

Roel.

Comment

• I have dust spots here so what do I have to do? And my photo looks better when it's not on the internet, I mean the original looks better than the one I put on JP

Original: (two originals, first from photobucket and other attached.
                          Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• The one you uploaded here is smaller, than the one you showed in your post. They are not the same photos.

As for the dust spots: clone them away, clean the sensor before your next photo trip.

Comment

• Hey guys

Would appreciate some advice on where this pic is undersharpened and how the contrast can be enhanced to make it acceptable.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew McLaughlin View Post
                                Hey guys

Would appreciate some advice on where this pic is undersharpened and how the contrast can be enhanced to make it acceptable.

Cheers

Andrew
                                Check the histogram by hitting Ctrl + L in Photoshop and you will see that you need to drag the sliders in a little. Then just a little selective Smart sharpen or USM. This only needs minor adjustments but if you are going for images that are 1600 wide you need to be spot on.

If you need further help or would like to see my quick adjustment of your image send me a pm with your email address.

Chris Ashley.

Comment

Working...
                                X