Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derice View Post
    Who can help me figure out why this image is rejected?

The props are supposed to be blurry and I really don't under stand the "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing" remark.
    Blurry does not refer to the props. It refers to the fact that the panels, doors and airfoil devices are blurred. There is also quite some degree of noise/grain.
    Adlob has described the "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing".

For future uploads it would help if you could set your upload to include EXIF data. There is a wealth of information there to assist with advice.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Hiya,
      I have had this one rejected for soft, glare and categories.

Any explanation would be appreciated given for starters the photo was not taken through glass or any other medium. Categories is confusing as the photo was taken in broad daylight?

Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
        Hiya,
        I have had this one rejected for soft, glare and categories.

Any explanation would be appreciated given for starters the photo was not taken through glass or any other medium. Categories is confusing as the photo was taken in broad daylight?

Ryan
        Can you not see the big green blob on the aircraft? Glare is the most appropriate category to use for lens flare, which essentially is glare anyway.

I have to say, if that was taken in broad daylight then I'd have added dark to the list of rejection reasons. It's very, very dark, even for this kind of shot. It's also low in the frame. It probably isn't possible to get this one to database standards unfortunately. If it were brighter then maybe but I think trying to brighten it would just cause problems, so it's probably one for the personal collection I think.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• too much or too little? it's a quite difficult edit due to the dark wing and the bright background, some help would be appreciated here

Comment

• Originally posted by helmat View Post
            http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=2942893
            too much or too little? it's a quite difficult edit due to the dark wing and the bright background, some help would be appreciated here
            It's too little. If you make the shadows a bit more pronounced then it should be OK.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Hi All
              Just would like some help on this photo. It was rejected for too much or too little contrast. What would I have to do to this photo to make it acceptable to JP? Is it too much or too little contrast?

Thanks in advance
              Aaron

Comment

• Got this image rejected twice for oversharpened. Is it OK now? I've only given it one pass of smart sharpening.

Can someone please tell me for future reference why the image was considered oversharpened? Where are the jaggies? Is it the orange bar underneath the «Singapore Airlines»?

Comment

• Servus Ben

There is something odd with the cheat line, it looks almost "wobbling". also, there are some jaggies on the wings and above the APU. Funny, because the rest of the photo looks very good.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Is "cargo" missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by testfahrer View Post
                      Yes.

Comment

• Where is this soft, I know reason behind the Category part but what is soft about this shot?

TIA!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
                          Where is this soft, I know reason behind the Category part but what is soft about this shot?
                          Hi Ryan,

The entire shot is actually soft but it's particularly noticeable around the titles and nose/cockpit areas. In fact, I'd say it borders on being blurry rather than soft. You were at 400mm with a shutter speed of 1/400th so I'm guessing it's suffering from a little motion blur which unfortunately I doubt is fixable in editing.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                            Hi Ryan,

The entire shot is actually soft but it's particularly noticeable around the titles and nose/cockpit areas. In fact, I'd say it borders on being blurry rather than soft. You were at 400mm with a shutter speed of 1/400th so I'm guessing it's suffering from a little motion blur which unfortunately I doubt is fixable in editing.
                            Thanks Paul, it was a pretty heavy crop so I am sure that didn't help. It was worth a try though

Comment

• Hello,

can anyone explain me what is bad postprocessing about this picture?

Thanks in advance,
                              Joop

Comment

• Originally posted by Joop View Post
                                Hello,

can anyone explain me what is bad postprocessing about this picture?

Thanks in advance,
                                Joop
                                Hi Joop,

I have to admit I'm not really seeing where the bad processing is, so maybe that category was selected in error or the rejecting screener saw something I'm missing at the moment (I've just woken up after a shooting/drinking session at MAN yesterday so it's entirely possible my eyes aren't working properly yet!). That aside though, it's certainly dark although I don't think it's the highlights that need brightening; it's more the mid tones that need fiddling with to lift the shadows a little. Try using Levels and adjusting the mid tones from 1.00 to something more like 1.40. This should give the overall image a much brighter appearance without pushing the highlights into overexposing.

Hope that helps,

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X