Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't use "Save for web", but jus "save as". Then I save as JPG, that's it.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      I don't use "Save for web", but jus "save as". Then I save as JPG, that's it.
      Exactly the same, and always save at 12 (highest). Always seems to work for me, except when I screw the shot up in the first place... Which is quite often!
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks, i'll use that one from now on!
        My Travels across the globe
        Pictures I am proud of

Comment

• Help with Horizon Unlevel reject please.

Levelling at the left side of the picture just under the aircraft seems to have the tower lean to the right. So where to level this one

Thnxs

Comment

• Originally posted by AdLob View Post
            Help with Horizon Unlevel reject please.

Levelling at the left side of the picture just under the aircraft seems to have the tower lean to the right. So where to level this one
            The tower really has to be the reference for this one. Just level to the vertical on the tower and it should be fine.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks Paul. Thought I had done that but apparently not good enough. Sometimes I hate vertical levelling, that my weakest point

Comment

• Originally posted by AdLob View Post
                Thanks Paul. Thought I had done that but apparently not good enough. Sometimes I hate vertical levelling, that my weakest point
                It's leaning to the left at the moment but it's easily fixed. For an easy and quick reference, you can use another window on your computer. If you have something like an MSN conversation window open they're usually small enough to just drag around and line up to things that should be vertical. It's sometimes easier than using the grid as you can get it exactly where you need it.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• This one has been rejected: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2988270

I don't understand what softness/undersharp is being referred to.
                  Can anyone clarify?
                  Pictures I am proud of

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                    It's leaning to the left at the moment but it's easily fixed. For an easy and quick reference, you can use another window on your computer. If you have something like an MSN conversation window open they're usually small enough to just drag around and line up to things that should be vertical. It's sometimes easier than using the grid as you can get it exactly where you need it.

Never thought of this. Thanks for the trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derice View Post
                      This one has been rejected: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2988270

I don't understand what softness/undersharp is being referred to.
                      Can anyone clarify?
                      It's a little difficult to describe where it's soft because it affects the entire image. Looking at the Singapore Airlines Cargo titles you can see the edges are more fuzzy than clear and well defined, same with the Mega Ark titles and windows. The quality otherwise is good, so it should be fairly easy to fix.

Originally posted by AdLob View Post
                      Never thought of this. Thanks for the trick.
                      To be fair I hadn't either until Peter Unmuth mentioned it in the crew forums a few weeks ago so credit must go to him really! I've used other bits like the side of the actual browser window but never things like Properties or MSN windows. It works well!
                      Last edited by PMN; 2010-05-13, 10:31.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                        It's a little difficult to describe where it's soft because it affects the entire image. Looking at the Singapore Airlines Cargo titles you can see the edges are more fuzzy than clear and well defined, same with the Mega Ark titles and windows. The quality otherwise is good, so it should be fairly easy to fix.
                        Applied some sharpening and usm:
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                        Pictures I am proud of

Comment

• Originally posted by Derice View Post
                          Look allright, altough I am not really a fan of this crop. Just to much missing from the a/c imo.
                          But she will make it sharpening wise.
                          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• What is wrong?

This one was rejected. Reason: Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

But what is exactly wrong with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
                              This one was rejected. Reason: Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

But what is exactly wrong with it?
                              There's a halo around the aircraft which can be caused by several things depending on your processing.
                              When you're finished with your processing it's usefull to equalize it agian,just to make sure you haven't forget a dustspot for example or other things like a halo around the aircraft

Comment

• dustspot

Arjen,

Thank you for your reply.

Screeners must have very good eyes, because I can hardly see a halo.
                                Thanks to your drawing it is just visible.

I have an other problem. This photo was first rejected for: Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots and not for Undersharpened (Soft)

So I removed the dustspot and uploaded it again. And now again it is rejected for: Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots and suddenly also for Undersharpened (Soft)

But when I equalize the photo I find no dustspot(s).

Comment

Working...
                                X